Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vodkazhong

L-shape Kitchen Cabinet

hi all,

My very 1st hse is a 3-rm flat at TPY :) ! and i have decided to do a L-shaped Kitchen and i will be placing my washing machine side by side to the kitchen windows. Thus, between my washing machine and sink (on the L-shaped) will be a rubbish chute on the wall there.

So i'm thinking whether to box up the rubbish chute or to buy some racks / those ikea-items (a piece of stand to drill onto the wall) above the chute as used to cover my chute. And at there.. i will be placing the softlen, dynamo powder etc.. OR now i'm thinking of whether to ask my contractor as to build up a storage rack at the concrete wall at the sink there... of which the the storage rack will be facing towards the windows..

Can someone give advise to me.. ? ? Thanks !!!! ;p

Vodkaz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I used to live in a TPY 3-room and I remember then we had the sink above the chute. This enclave is then enclosed with double doors to conceal the existence of the chute. Depending on your layout, I think this method is still commonly used today.

Maybe you could post your floorplan?

Sure you can disguise the chute or you can get a nicer looking chute.

If you build the sink around it, how much do you want to struggle every day to throw away your rubbish?

Dont obstruct the chute too much or it is difficult to throw away things.

Hi Vodkaz, I also have the same idea, the L-shape kitchen cabinet. Then can make space for laundry.

I am going to buy a rack from ikea and place it against the chute.

By the way, I also just bought a 3rm flat @ toa payoh.

Hi Vodkaz, I also have the same idea, the L-shape kitchen cabinet. Then can make space for laundry.

Great idea, and when the chute leaks bad smells it goes all through your clothes.

Hi Simplez, caireann and pink,

please see a simple drawing of my kitchen.. haha..

Hrmm. . . how to add pic ??

Hi Simplez, caireann and pink,

please see a simple drawing of my kitchen.. haha..

Hrmm. . . how to add pic ??

go to imageshack.us and upload the pics there, then post the link.

Here they have a lot of money to get the Invision Power Board software, but then not enough money to get enough server space so that pics can be uploaded.

hi all,

My very 1st hse is a 3-rm flat at TPY :) ! and i have decided to do a L-shaped Kitchen and i will be placing my washing machine side by side to the kitchen windows. Thus, between my washing machine and sink (on the L-shaped) will be a rubbish chute on the wall there.

So i'm thinking whether to box up the rubbish chute or to buy some racks / those ikea-items (a piece of stand to drill onto the wall) above the chute as used to cover my chute. And at there.. i will be placing the softlen, dynamo powder etc.. OR now i'm thinking of whether to ask my contractor as to build up a storage rack at the concrete wall at the sink there... of which the the storage rack will be facing towards the windows..

Can someone give advise to me.. ? ? Thanks !!!! ;p

Vodkaz

usually problem faced for L-shape the cabinet is the access to the area.

My contractor has suggested this method and it is very workable.

PC115405Small.jpg

PC115406Small.jpg

PC115407Small.jpg