Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
alucard

Reasonable Reno Quotation?

Hi my family was given this reno quotation for our 5 rm flat...

To construct kitchen cabinet base, fridge base & washing machine base -$480

To supply and install kitchen cabinet (Top + Bottom) 24Ft Run -$2400

To supply and install one set of (tell?) with cabinet -$600

To supply and install solid surface 100% acrylic -$1020

To connect kitchen sink mixer -$80

To demolish existing floor tiles **** room -$800

To supply and lay homogenous floor tiles for living room comes with skirting 600mm x 600mm -$3500

To supply and install L Box for living/dining room includes curtain pelmet -$700

To supply and install false ceiling for bedroom walkway -$300

To supply and install laminate flooring coverlay for 3 no. of bedrooms(includes dismantle of

existing skirting sc/204) -$1650

To supply and install build in wardrobe for 3 bedrooms -$3600

To supply and install 2 No. of Bi fold door @ $180 x2 -$360

To supply and install suspended cabinet,mirror c/w light pelmet (include one light in bathroom) -$980

To paint whole house wall & ceiling include paint for all door frame -$1300

Acid washing for living hall only -$150

To supply and install feature wall to cover household bomb shelter comes with tic tcc door and

display cabinet approx 14 ft run -$2500

To supply and install tv feature wall comes with suspended tv consolde (7 ft) -$1500

Total Cost $21,920

Things yet to add on are mount-on study tables and book cabinets for 2 bedrooms (Quoted $1700)

Are we over-quoted???

Thank You

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

To supply and lay homogenous floor tiles for living room comes with skirting 600mm x 600mm -$3500

To supply and install L Box for living/dining room includes curtain pelmet -$700

To supply and install laminate flooring coverlay for 3 no. of bedrooms(includes dismantle of

To supply and install suspended cabinet,mirror c/w light pelmet (include one light in bathroom) -$980

To supply and install feature wall to cover household bomb shelter comes with tic tcc door and

To supply and install tv feature wall comes with suspended tv consolde (7 ft) -$1500

Total Cost $21,920

Things yet to add on are mount-on study tables and book cabinets for 2 bedrooms (Quoted $1700)

Are we over-quoted???

Thank You

Hi Alucard,

After read your post, i find it slightly at a high side. especially your bomb shelter feature wall and the tic tac door.

Maybe you can give my ID a try. His name is Kelvin (92256464). He's a nice guy. Very patient, friendly, helpful

and thoughtful. And of cos, he is very creative and his design is very nice and functional.

You can give him a call if you want. No harm getting another quote to compare in price and in person.

Cos when you renovate your home, you must go thru it with your ID or contractor. So the first impression

is very important. You must feel confortable with them first.

That's is all base on my previous experience when i renovated my house in 2008 sept.

Just a susgestion to you. Hope you could find a reliable person to do up your place.

Cheers...

very tiring to compare quotes cos its not possible to compare quotes. one may say they use better material, another may say they use better carpentry.

most impt is find a good ID you are comfortable with, see their previous customer's completed home, and able to do waht you want within your budget, then can go for it.

can read my thread in my signature :)

Hi alucard,

I must agree with zhiz that you have to find the ID you are comfortable with and can be trusted. You have to also make sure your ID produce the material which you chosen like for example painting. Let's say if you chose the real paint but he gave u a mix paint.

Imho i think the prices your ID quoted are quite reasonable. If you are comfortable with him, just go ahead =)

Total Cost $21,920

Are we over-quoted???

Thank You

Hmm those that I highlighted in red I find it too costly. Either ask your ID /contractor to lower down or source for other ID. As for the carpentry works, its quite reasonable. May I ask why are you using 100% acrylic as solid top? Is it scratch resistant? Normal marble solid top can cost ard $80~$90, if its 12 foot run, 12 x $90 also $1080 only... Enlighten me if acrylic is better then marble. :rolleyes:

As for the layigng of homo tiles, gotta depend on your floor size, on the cheaper range, if you select tiles with $3 per square feet, adding of material cost and labour cost, per square feet will be ard $5, let say your lving room is 400 square feet, will only cost 2k + laying of skirting (usually less then $200).

Edited by IceBlue