Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cacabi111

Can I Still Reject Cpf Grant After 1st Appt?

Hi everyone,

I attended 1st appt last month & received the CPF grant.

Can I still reject CPF grant now, am reconsidering due to the restrictions imposed for taking grant?

(my 2nd appt next another 2mth away)

Anybody can help pls? Thnx.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi everyone,

I attended 1st appt last month & received the CPF grant.

Can I still reject CPF grant now, am reconsidering due to the restrictions imposed for taking grant?

(my 2nd appt next another 2mth away)

Anybody can help pls? Thnx.

Cpf Grant ?

whats that ?

u mean additional grant for first timers ?

how much is that cpf grant ?

Call up the HDB officer in charge of your resale transaction. He/she will be able to offer you the answer.

I actually refuse to take up the first-timer grant and HDB loan because I do not wish to be 'lock in' to my resales unit for 5 years.

Edited by forgotten

a question ...

Is there any grant for first timers in a new flat from hdb sales ?

i am not asking abt resale...

if yes... how much is that ?

a question ...

Is there any grant for first timers in a new flat from hdb sales ?

i am not asking abt resale...

if yes... how much is that ?

If you are taking a new unit from HDB (BTO, Balloting exercise), you are not eligible for the HDB grant. If your combined income exceed 8K, you are also not eligible for HDB loan.

If you are taking a new unit from HDB (BTO, Balloting exercise), you are not eligible for the HDB grant. If your combined income exceed 8K, you are also not eligible for HDB loan.

If the combined income exceed 8k, cannot buy direct HDB unit from HDB.

Only can buy resale HDB unit, NO grant. NO HDB loan.

Only Bank Loan.

If the combined income exceed 8k, cannot buy direct HDB unit from HDB.

Only can buy resale HDB unit, NO grant. NO HDB loan.

Only Bank Loan.

Yap u are right :)

There is AHG, Additional Housing Grant.

Amount depends on your pay, up to $40k.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10201p.nsf/WP...ng_Grant_Scheme

Erm I think AHG is only applicable for resale. nesh is not buying a unit from resale market, he's buying one directly from HDB. :P

Edited by forgotten

Erm I think AHG is only applicable for resale. nesh is not buying a unit from resale market, he's buying one directly from HDB. :P

Nope. AHG is appicable for both resale and New unit.

This is from HDB web page,

The Additional CPF Housing Grant or AHG was introduced in March 2006, to give extra help for the lower-income to become homeowners. It was enhanced in 2007 and further enhanced on 6 Feb 2009 to make it easier for first-timers to buy a flat, especially in these difficult times.

AHG is an additional subsidy over and above the prevailing $30,000/$40,000 CPF Housing Grant for Family.

Eligible first-timers can use the AHG amount (up to $40,000) to offset the purchase price of a resale or new HDB flat, thereby reducing the loan a flat buyer needs.

:D

Nope. AHG is appicable for both resale and New unit.

This is from HDB web page,

The Additional CPF Housing Grant or AHG was introduced in March 2006, to give extra help for the lower-income to become homeowners. It was enhanced in 2007 and further enhanced on 6 Feb 2009 to make it easier for first-timers to buy a flat, especially in these difficult times.

AHG is an additional subsidy over and above the prevailing $30,000/$40,000 CPF Housing Grant for Family.

Eligible first-timers can use the AHG amount (up to $40,000) to offset the purchase price of a resale or new HDB flat, thereby reducing the loan a flat buyer needs.

:D

Thanks for the clarification :) I learn something from u.

I think, either u take all the grant or u dun take any grant

cos even if u jus take the 1st timer grant , all rule are impose ... so should just take all , AHG and HDB loan .

Unless u plan for a temporary stay, maybe jus 2 yrs , then better not to take any grant or any loan from HDB

I think, either u take all the grant or u dun take any grant

cos even if u jus take the 1st timer grant , all rule are impose ... so should just take all , AHG and HDB loan .

Unless u plan for a temporary stay, maybe jus 2 yrs , then better not to take any grant or any loan from HDB

Hi all,

Got 1 questions, recently i just gotten my flat. But the HDB officer ask me whether i want to take a housing loan with them or not. Because they require 1 year pay slip and etc which i find it troublesome. Therefore i decline their offer. Am i stupid to take from them?

Also if i happen to take a grant from them, eg 5 years later i want to sell away my house do i have to pay back to them on the grant + interest?

Thanks in advance.

Regards