Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stoinkiemelons

Do Not Go To Furniture Collection Centre (fcc) At Sungei Kadut

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi dreamtwinklestar,

Sorry to hear your situation. Actually nothing u can do now. The only route is to get your lawyer to issue letter and bring them to court to force them to follow the small claims courts ruling.

This is spore and singapore government don't care about our consumers right n interest. The law r passed such a way that these companies can find loophole and still survive after so many years of conplaints.

Agreed.

Edited by LeoLai

Hi Cancergal,

The salesperson whom I met at the Expo Exhibition is Jason. I recall it was quite late when I entered, it's nice of him that he didn't rush me.

Hi all,

Just to share..

My wife and I visited the FCC booth at Expo in August 2014 and chanced upon this sofa design that we liked a lot. Eric was the salesperson who served us. He was flexible and offered us a variety of packages to choose from. He seemed patient when we took our time flipping through the catalogue, not wanting to make rash decisions as we had not collected the keys to our flat then. Being difficult customers, we asked many questions, mainly relating to the quality of their products and the delivery lead time. My wife and I actually walked away to discuss and went back again. I think we spent more than 2 hours ding-donging here and there. haha.. It was quite amazing that Eric had not given up on us throughout. We felt comfortable speaking with Eric. We trusted him as we felt he was sincere.

Similar to many of you, my wife and I made our decision to purchase a L-shape sofa + coffee table and paid the deposit before reading the online reviews on FCC. To be frank, we freaked out after reading this thread and wondered we should ask for a refund. After much thought, we decided to take a gamble, since we had already thrown in the deposit of a few hundred dollars.

During end-November 2014, we went to their Sungei Kadut branch to confirm the sofa fabric and colour, as well as the coffee table design. As Eric was busy with another event somewehere else, he specially assigned Alvin to assist us. Alvin was straightforward and offered us useful advice with regard to the length of sofa and colour combination.

After leaving Sungei Kadut, my wife and I realised it was time to face the "hard truth". We "mental prep-ed" ourselves to expect delays and lousy quality goods as many of you have shared. We messaged Eric and practically pleaded that he helps us monitor our orders. We were so glad and relieved to have received the furniture in good order, a couple of days before the expected delivery date in end-December 2014. The chinese movers were also professional and helpful. They even asked us to contact them should we require any further assistance.

My wife and I would like to compliment Eric and Alvin for the job well done!

hi cancergal..
i hv been serve by jason.. small build guy... nice guy..

btw alls, i received my furniture recently n ALL in gd condition.. same feeling like many of u.. worried n confused.. we went down to sungei kadut to cxl the item after we read tis review.. but was served n calm by the manager edwin.. he asked us to choose n even recomand us the better quality n ensure tat our product will arrive on the date promise n in gd condition.. n yup.. its true.. all in gd condition.. even the delivery guys(chinamen)... althought veri diffucult to communicate but veri helpful... n yup der is 1 item wrongly send but dey managed to chg within 1 mths... hope who are experiencing like me can share the same comment.. giv dem a chance to giv u guys a gd n better service...

Edited by samwan

Sad to say that I am the latest victim. Ordered some furniture but it never came after 2 months. They gave some lame excuses which was obviously false. I was lucky to be able to get a refund after demand. Could not shift into my new house due to the incident. I guess lesson learnt here is: never be attracted to low prices alone and always do your due diligence before committing to a big ticket purchase.

I just went to expo and signed up packages. awwwww.... only after i have paid deposit then i realised this post... is there any other good feedback about FCC?

Hi, even i made a deposit for the Victorian style marble dining table in Expo yesterday..the sales person name is Benson..

Worried after reading this forum...I called him but he is convincing me that the management has chaned and will deliver things to my expectations..I made a deposit of 100$...not sure if I should demand a refund or go ahead with the order...By reading all the complaints, i really don't want to go ahead with this order..

Hi, even i made a deposit for the Victorian style marble dining table in Expo yesterday..the sales person name is -..

Worried after reading this forum...I called him but he is convincing me that the management has chaned and will deliver things to my expectations..I made a deposit of 100$...not sure if I should demand a refund or go ahead with the order...By reading all the complaints, i really don't want to go ahead with this order..

Hi,

I had previous experiences with FCC a year ago in 2014 and I just wanted to share some of my experiences.

I managed to get my deposit back (but not the full sum - 90% of the deposit) about a month after negotiating with them.

I also bought a sofa from them at the Expo Sale back then. This company has frequent exhibitions at the Expo so do watch out for them and i would suggest AVOID THEM AT ALL COST and buy from a more reliable and reputable company.

Purchased a sofa from them and I realised that a lot of the things on the invoice were wrong! The salesman back then wrote and asked me for a much higher deposit amount (70% of the full sum) than what was previously agreed (40% of the full sum) and I had to be sharp to notice it. Very good at acting blur when it comes to money. The salesman also wrote the wrong colour code and therefore it was a different colour sofa than what was previously agreed (quite a big mistake!). Very good at acting blur for that as well. A lot of important missing details were also left out on the invoice (e.g. the salesman said that there was a warranty but that was clearly not stated in the invoice). Also, for all customers purchasing a sofa, do note that the terms and conditions are at the back of the invoice and all of those terms are clearly meant to benefit the company.

I started to have doubts on what company I was dealing with and after running a quick Google search, I saw this forum. I quickly decided to cancel my order the next day and the salesman agreed.

For the next one month after purchasing the sofa, this company is almost uncontactable and I must say they have very poor after sales service. Salesman agrees that he will be here for you, they will answer your queries before your purchase, but after that, you can't get through to the company's hotline and salesperson does not respond to your calls at all - quite similar to what other customers have said in this forum.

After going down to the office and negotiating with them, they agree that it will be done, but after some time, it becomes obvious that all they care about is boosting sales at different areas of Singapore (e.g. road shows and events in the west and selling at Singapore Expo) and never about providing after-sales service. They love giving all kinds of excuses all the time and it is so difficult to contact them when you encounter any problems.

So after 3 weeks, went down to talk to them, and at the end of the day, the salesman said perhaps we could "try going down to CASE if this issue can't be resolved. However, note that not many customers will win the case at the small claims tribunal." Pretty obvious that this company is used to going to court for their furniture products. I wonder why they do not want to improve the quality of their products/after-sales service level and doesn't mind the frequent trips to court.

After many rounds of negotiation, they finally returned me 90% of the deposit. I did not pursue further as I was happy to get most of the deposit back.

Moral of the story: Do not buy from them. One of the poorest after-sales service as a company in the furniture business.

thanks FCC!!!

The L-shape sofa, bed frames, dining table and mattresses was received in really good condition .

my husband and relatives is really amazed with the design and workmanship

so here is the write up i promise upon receiving items in good condition

will recommend my friends which will be getting his flat soon

Btw would like to feed back on the deliver time frame which is from 2-6pm

it will a plus point if it could be send within an hour of waiting time.

Thanks again FCC