Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
butterfingerzz

Building A Home Together

Butterfingerzz, your place is very neatly done up. Have the clean & sleek look! I am also going to have one long study table similar as yours... or gaming table if you can call it... against the window in one of my bedrooms too. :D

Btw, mind to PM me how much is the leifheit mop? I'm looking for something that is better than those traditional ones which are purchased from those neighbourhood shops. :P

thanks bluewater..

do make sure ur study/gaming table has solid backing if its gonna be as long as mine.. cos mine was built on gypsum board (cos under windows is actually recess area which we boxed up) and it was kinda bent down in the middle so that's why ours has a support in the middle, so it wont bend..also think my ID mentioned its reinforced with some metal parts... :P

i bought my leifheit mop/bucket set from robinson's sale (goin on til end dec). its $288 there (u.p. is $334).

i needed it immediately cos need to do major mopping session. but if u can wait, u can get from hogarmas online.. they sell the same set for $168.. will get other stuff from tt site later on.. its quite good cos can cover big area in one swipe.. :D

http://www.hogarmas.com/php/php-Cleaning-1.php

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
oh remember to go check out megatex at singapore expo.. on til tis sun...

see if can get some good buys??

usually jan have such sales or not? these days seem like alot of electronic sales.

usually jan have such sales or not? these days seem like alot of electronic sales.

ya man.. maybe they know a lot of ppl moving ard these kinda periods? :P

not sure if jan hv these expo anot leh.. maybe can chk singapore expo website..maybe got calendar of events..

but a fren told me lorenzo leather sofa selling @ $1999 at singapore expo.. not sure which hall cos there's like a few goin ard til sun..

there's a home living expo n metro mega sale expo... that i can remember.. majorly crowded though. parking especially. :(

thanks bluewater..

do make sure ur study/gaming table has solid backing if its gonna be as long as mine.. cos mine was built on gypsum board (cos under windows is actually recess area which we boxed up) and it was kinda bent down in the middle so that's why ours has a support in the middle, so it wont bend..also think my ID mentioned its reinforced with some metal parts... :P

i bought my leifheit mop/bucket set from robinson's sale (goin on til end dec). its $288 there (u.p. is $334).

i needed it immediately cos need to do major mopping session. but if u can wait, u can get from hogarmas online.. they sell the same set for $168.. will get other stuff from tt site later on.. its quite good cos can cover big area in one swipe.. :D

http://www.hogarmas.com/php/php-Cleaning-1.php

Hey butterfingerzz, thanks for the advise! Yea, I have mentioned to my contractor on what I want as well as concern on the durability of the table. He will be doing some metal reinforcement plus thick wood to prevent it from 'sagging' after years of usage.

Wow, mop costs 200+!!! A bit exp hor :P Thanks for the link... Will go check it out! ;)

found this link in the forum somewhere on The Building and Construction Authority's (BCA) national yardstick for measuring the workmanship quality of building projects... provides a list of common complaints after constructions..

http://www.bca.gov.sg/Publications/Enhance...ent_series.html

could be useful for those who wanna do proper QC or basic knowledge to check with own IDs/contractors.. :D

Hey butterfingerzz, thanks for the advise! Yea, I have mentioned to my contractor on what I want as well as concern on the durability of the table. He will be doing some metal reinforcement plus thick wood to prevent it from 'sagging' after years of usage.

Wow, mop costs 200+!!! A bit exp hor :P Thanks for the link... Will go check it out! ;)

no prob.. also make sure have enuff depth for the table for arm space plus computers..

ya mop quite exp leh.. but website cheaper.. m hoping it proves to be a good investment.. :D

no prob.. also make sure have enuff depth for the table for arm space plus computers..

ya mop quite exp leh.. but website cheaper.. m hoping it proves to be a good investment.. :D

Hi Butterfingerzz,

How much u spend to engage the cleaning contractors? Tks. :)

My study table depth will be 550mm... guess will be more than enough for my gaming session :P

Do let me know the review of the exp mop k? Cos' quite keen after seeing their demo video :D

Hi Butterfingerzz,

How much u spend to engage the cleaning contractors? Tks. :)

$320 for general cleaning of my place. supposed to be for 3-4hours but they spent a lot of time cleaning the windows (previous owner nvr clean them i think) so it took them nearly 5 hours to finish my place.

like all cleaning svc, think hv to monitor them a bit bah.. i nvr hire cleaning svc b4 so dun really hv anything to benchmark them against.. but generally they were ok, to me anyways...

and i asked them to mop the floors like twice.. :P

My study table depth will be 550mm... guess will be more than enough for my gaming session :P

Do let me know the review of the exp mop k? Cos' quite keen after seeing their demo video :D

mop quite good so far.. quite user friendly n it covers larger area so faster n easier to clean too lah.. u order thru the hogarmas website cheaper mah...

they have another twister mop also, think shud be quite good too, slightly cheaper i think..

Butterfingerzz, nice place you've got. Do you mind sharing the code for the yellow wall above. I like the brightness of it.

thanks bigeyedfish..

the color is champagne from dulux.

actually color is bright also cos of the lighting... :D

will take a pic without the light n post later..

thanks bigeyedfish..

the color is champagne from dulux.

actually color is bright also cos of the lighting... :D

will take a pic without the light n post later..

Butterfingerzz, you never sleep ah? Post so early..hehe.

Thanks. I'm actually choosing yellow as my glass backing for the kitchen and I like your shade of yellow. For now, we have shortlisted popcorn.