Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
butterfingerzz

Building A Home Together

yeah got good news from HDB le! Confirm geeting the keys on 30th in the afternoon!!!

Email them got use? Haiz how I wish I can get the keys now. ahahahha I'm very impatient. My new place will be at Tampines. Hee...

Wow I'm so envious that you can move in soon. Happy for you! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Wah ! Just got a quotation for similiar type of KDK fan Model A11YS w remote control, dealer charging me S$250 incl. installation. Also, Wall Mount Ventilating Fan @ Toilets S$330.00. Anyone install these items ? Can share your experience or any competitive quote you may hv ?

Thank you.

Call Jasmine from Central Aluminium

the process of installing the ventilation fan via Jasmine was straightforward and worry-free.

I contacted Jasmine about 2 weeks ago and within a few days, she arranged for her worker to assess my WC window. Last Monday (7 Apr), she asked me to fax her my floor plan and provide her with my NRIC to apply for the approval HDB permit, the approval was granted on 10 Apr and by yesterday 15 Apr, my ventilation fan was up. And it only cost me $200 nett (fixed panel plus the KDK fan model 20WUD)

Thanks, Mickey!

I have a question for those of you who engaged ID. Is it necessary to pay a deposit if we want 3D drawings?

Does IntraDesign do that also?

you have to pay a deposit because 3D drawings are "purchased". they submit your floorplan to a 3D artist (freelance or company) who will do the 3D drawings. they will charge the ID company a certain amount (probably $50-100 per drawing) so you need to put deposit otherwise they will lose money if you don't engage them to do your reno :D

Thanks, Mickey!

I have a question for those of you who engaged ID. Is it necessary to pay a deposit if we want 3D drawings?

some will do simple drawings for you FOC but if you want 3D, I think most IDs will want to collect a non refundable deposit from you (ranging from $500 to $1000)

Edited by alamak

Ic... thanks alot!

Then if find contractor right, there won't be any drawings for us to see is it? Owner has to provide pictures of the designs?

Usually they will collect a non-refundable deposit. If u decides not to engage them after all, they will ask u what u want to do with $500, be it customise a shoe cabinet or what. That is what I was told by some ID firms. I think there are some contractors who provide 3d drawings (either done by software or hand drawn). Pardon me if I didn't remember wrongly. Henry who is highly recommended by many reno mates, do provide 3d drawings or is it Mr Yeak. Hee. :)

* I edited a few times cos I spelled many words wrongly. Lol.

Edited by Mickey M

Thanks, Mickey!

congrats pieces!

for intradesign (or my ID particularly) i didnt really get 3D drawings (not computerised ones anyways) but also cos we didnt really ask for it cos we want minimal things in the house so didnt really need 3Ds.. only thing ID did draw out for us (3D on paper, actual drawing, old skool bah.. :P) was the kitchen layout n cabinets plus WIW n study. then mosaic placements in the toilets pretty much left it to her, she jz showed us wat mosaics she was gonna use.. :D

but i think general practise is wat Mickey, alamak n ossify has mentioned.. :D

Wah ! Just got a quotation for similiar type of KDK fan Model A11YS w remote control, dealer charging me S$250 incl. installation. Also, Wall Mount Ventilating Fan @ Toilets S$330.00. Anyone install these items ? Can share your experience or any competitive quote you may hv ?

Thank you.

maybe u can try haikel lighting? ask if they install n how much? cos mine was only cost of the fan. installation done by my ID.

121 BUKIT MERAH LANE 1 01-08, 150121, Singapore

p: 62737208

Call Jasmine from Central Aluminium

ossify,

can u show me a pic of ur installed ventilation fan?

i wanted to install last min lah.. but ID say might look a bit ugly if do now cos of wiring, cos watever concealed wiring in my toilet has already been concealed.. cos there's also kinda like a false ceiling in the toilet for my lights.. wanna see how i can go ard it.. :P thanks.

just confirmed blackout curtains for mbr and roller blinds for the rest of house with jimmy textiles. total damage : $1600 (gst absorbed by them)..

got the fridge, washing machine n dryer from parisilk 2 days ago.. $50 more than GAB.. was at parisilk n too lazy to look anymore.. :P hubby also confirmed on the plasma tv at parisilk earlier.. panasonic 42inch (cant remember the model no. ) for $1k plus.. :huh: :huh:

also bought a set of bedlinens from robinson's a few days back.. they are having a sale now plus ocbc n robinson's members get 20% over watever discounts there is.. :D didnt realise bedlinens can be so expensive! think spent abt $400.. !! *faint*