Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
drifterz

Newbie Looking To Do Kitchen Cabinet

Please pardon my noob questions as this is first time I'm doing this stuff.

Here's the story:

My very old (>10 yrs) kitchen cabinets are rotting and giving way so it's time to get rid of them and replace them for my parents.

Thing is, we are on a budget and seems like it is possible to do so without going through ID so save cost.

Seems like people are requesting for carpenters' contact to do kitchen cabinet.

Questions:

1)When people say get carpenters to do it, is it possible for them to give ideas on the layout and design? I'm just looking at a functional kitchen and not so much of design since the existing tiles are those obiang/ugly type.

2)I'm thinking of using existing tiles so will they be able to come down and take measurements to accomodate the existing tiles?

3)I'm looking at durability of the cabinets so basically what type of wood is reccomended? My mum was saying how if the wood weren't "baked/heated" properly, the wood won't last?

4)The carpenters will be able to take care of the countertop and installation of sinks,hob and oven?

5)My mum cooks everyday and isn't very knowledgeable on maintaining the countertops etc. So what material is more suitable?

After reading through the posts, granite seems out since it stains easily? So left with solid top which main problem is just that it scratches easily right?

Any alternatives to these?

6)There will be plenty of washing and splashing at the sink so anyway to minimise the damage? I mean like any materials or special instructions that I can enquire with the carpenter?

7)Any reccomendations? I'm really looking at good carpenters so that the cabinets are durable and lasting.

Sorry for the long post and many noob questions. Really appreciate any help/advice. Many thanks in advance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

maybe you want to try call Mr kok for advice?? he is a uncle uncle type carpenter , well experience and can give you advice. his contact 97680883