Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
home_sweet_home

Need A Rough Quotation For The Following

Hi People,

I am new to this forum and there are so many renovation infos in here...I will be getting my 3NG in June so I need to do some planning before that.

1) I need help with the rough quotation for the following items. Please help by giving me a rough range eg like $2000-$3000 if anyone happen to know the rough quote with labour and material costs.

- Hacking of 2 toilet floor tilts and Laying new tilts (prices with tilts included)

- Replacement of 2 toilet bowl (plus toilet bowl cost)

- Replacement of 2 toilet basin (plus toilet basin cost)

- Removal of current kitchen floor tilt and laying new tilts (inclusive of tilt cost)

- Kitchen Cabinet of about 5m long

- Replacement of 2 toilet doors (simple type will do)

- Replacement of 2 toilet Louvre windows (those small windows in the toilet)

- Replacement of main door and 2 room doors

- Electrical rewiring for the whole house

- Replacement of toilet sewage pipes

- Replacement of water pipes for the whole house

- Replacement of main entrance gate

- Replacement of Louvre window panel for my hall and 1 room

- Replacement of Garbage bin

- Painting of whole house (3NG Flat)

2) Is $17k enough to do all those listed in (1)

3) I will be getting the key to the resales flat in June. When can I start looking for a contractor for quotation

4) I will be doing minimal renovation to the house. Generally I will be doing up the 2 toilet and kitchen. Did I miss out on any other things else?

Thank you to your in advance!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

congrats on ur purchase. i'd suggest the follow steps:

1) get ur floor plan

2) discuss w ur partner to more/ less fix on a list of items u wanna do for ur new place

3) email as many IDs as u can with ur 'job-scope'

4) when they reply, most probably they'll ask u to meet up to discuss further.

then from there, u can more/ less have an idea of e price after talking to a few. i'd say 2-3 mths to find and confirm ur ID is a very comfy time line.

good luck dude! :D

congrats on ur purchase. i'd suggest the follow steps:

1) get ur floor plan

2) discuss w ur partner to more/ less fix on a list of items u wanna do for ur new place

3) email as many IDs as u can with ur 'job-scope'

4) when they reply, most probably they'll ask u to meet up to discuss further.

then from there, u can more/ less have an idea of e price after talking to a few. i'd say 2-3 mths to find and confirm ur ID is a very comfy time line.

good luck dude! :D

Thanks for the advice Batman!

I have some doubt on some of the following since i am new to renovation.Can someone please help.

1) What is the difference between a false ceiling and a L box? Are there any links to pictures that I can see the L box and false ceiling?

2) If I approach ID/Contractor for a quotation to do the jobscope that I wanted, do they do pressure selling/ keep harassing you to sign their package? They will only give you the quotation for the jobscope or they will give you the projected layout (how the house look after the renovation) then the quotation?

3) For the following *, Weiken, Boon Siew...Do they provide purely contractor service only? Let say if I already got some design/layout in mind and dont need an ID to do the layout design for my place, can i just tell these firms the design I want then they will settle it for me

4) Is there any contractor who can do everything for you (eg toilet floor hacking and laying, plastering of wall, kitchen cabinet, wiring + others)? or I need to find individual contractor (like 1 contractor to do hacking and laying tiles, another contractor to do kitchen cabinet, another contractor to change doors, etc) ?

5) I will only get the key roughly around June. Is March a good time to look for these contractors? or the earlier the better? I scare too early sia.

6) If I try to hack anything (eg the wall separating the kitchen and the living room), am I right to say that I need to find people to lay the wall back when I am selling my house the next time?

Sorry if my question sounded stupid as i am a dummy in renovation.

I have some doubt on some of the following since i am new to renovation.Can someone please help.

1) What is the difference between a false ceiling and a L box? Are there any links to pictures that I can see the L box and false ceiling

false ceiling usually use it to cover a area. L-box usually do it for along the perimeter of the rooms.

2) If I approach ID/Contractor for a quotation to do the jobscope that I wanted, do they do pressure selling/ keep harassing you to sign their package? They will only give you the quotation for the jobscope or they will give you the projected layout (how the house look after the renovation) then the quotation?

Some will be of cause not all. just let them know what you want, get the quote and the rough idea of the design. But you must be firm by not signing on the dots when they pressure you. Cause some of them will offeryou parkage price or so call their discount if only you sign immediately.

3) For the following *, Weiken, Boon Siew...Do they provide purely contractor service only? Let say if I already got some design/layout in mind and dont need an ID to do the layout design for my place, can i just tell these firms the design I want then they will settle it for me

Yes you can provide your design. usually ID include their fee in every part of the quote. So even if you got your own ideas the cost will still be the same no matter you ask them to do the design or not.

4) Is there any contractor who can do everything for you (eg toilet floor hacking and laying, plastering of wall, kitchen cabinet, wiring + others)? or I need to find individual contractor (like 1 contractor to do hacking and laying tiles, another contractor to do kitchen cabinet, another contractor to change doors, etc) ?

Yes there is, like mine i engaged a contractor which did up everything.

5) I will only get the key roughly around June. Is March a good time to look for these contractors? or the earlier the better? I scare too early sia.

2 to 3 month in adv will be good enough. Since you already started to do your homework now. :)

6) If I try to hack anything (eg the wall separating the kitchen and the living room), am I right to say that I need to find people to lay the wall back when I am selling my house the next time?

It depend, you can just leave it. Unless the new owner request you to do so lor.

Sorry if my question sounded stupid as i am a dummy in renovation.

Hope it does help.

Bro and sis do correct me if there any mistake, cause it only base on my limited understanding.

Thanks. :)

Hope it does help.

Bro and sis do correct me if there any mistake, cause it only base on my limited understanding.

Thanks. :)

It depend, you can just leave it. Unless the new owner request you to do so lor.

hi, on the hacking part, if your contractor has applied to HDB for the hacking and approved, then it should not matter.... it is between you and the buyer...

if for whatever reason that you are selling back to HDB and the hacking is not approved by HDB, you will need to restore the hacked portion... alternatively they will charge you their costs for the restoration....

hi, on the hacking part, if your contractor has applied to HDB for the hacking and approved, then it should not matter.... it is between you and the buyer...

if for whatever reason that you are selling back to HDB and the hacking is not approved by HDB, you will need to restore the hacked portion... alternatively they will charge you their costs for the restoration....

hi garion, I have called HDB and they have told me to check with the branch office regarding whether the hacking can be approved or not. I will be gg down tomorrow. if the hacking of the wall is approved then I do not need to built back the wall when i sell off the house the next time.