Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dugong6

Our Love Shack - Modern Retro- Yishun 4a

thanks..didn't know this design is necessary..nevertheless here's a better way by using thin planks of wood instead of the rubber slit.

P4240002.jpg

acceptable gap and is neat!

P4240003.jpg

therefore, I would say there is a solution for this design, just that my carpenter is not consistent in his workmanship....

Oh, this is the normal way of covering the gap for open and close door type of wardrobes. My wardrobes are open and close door type. :)

Looking down along the false column...Hm....my mum keeps insisting this is ugly and unprofessional and wants us to extend the floor cornices (not too sure how to describe) to cover up the gap..what are your views?..I was thinking to forget it..very tired of all the cleaning

P4240037-1.jpg

Agree with your mum. It looks incomplete.

Btw, the toilet tiles are really nice. :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wow.... didnt know the toilet will be big enough for a bathtub... :o

our ID say even shower screen also got problem...

The toilet is so small, don't bother about the shower screen, waste of space and limits comfort when bathing! Just let it be wet and dry later...alternatively, go for shower curtains, they can be nice decor pieces too! But I still feel there is no need for all these as the bathrooms are too small! As for bathtub, go for no frills (i.e. no massage, no lights, minimum outline space...basically just a big hole....you could also go for a direct built-in bath tub using tiles...I used to have this for my previous flat.

13.jpg

Edited by dugong6

Oh, this is the normal way of covering the gap for open and close door type of wardrobes. My wardrobes are open and close door type. :)

Still wondering why this method does not apply for the rest of the shoe cabinets, book shelves and kitchen cabinets...haha must be the carpenter wants to save cost and workmanship....the rubber slit is just attached using a double sided tape!

Agree with your mum. It looks incomplete.

Btw, the toilet tiles are really nice. :D

maybe i should talk to the contractor again and see if he's going to charge extra for these works...

Thanks! but to be frank, luckily our bathrooms are airy, as long as we keep the mosiac clean (just make sure there's no soap on them towards the end of the day) there should be minimum "algae"-like growth on it..

The last room I have yet to share is our study room...Once again, kindly ignore the kids toys and the ALREADY very small clutter..., hehe storage space always seem insufficient!

View from the living room...notice the built in book shelves on the wall...it connects to the other side of the room

P4250036.jpg

View from the inside of the room, showing the other side of the wall shelves and connected table-top...notice the white outlining just below the blue table...

P4250037.jpg

I was thinking during the design phase, that I need space for 4 persons to be in the study room at the same time...the white lining is actually a "trolley" table..

P4250038-1.jpg

A closer look...

P4250039.jpg

The toilet is so small, don't bother about the shower screen, waste of space and limits comfort when bathing! Just let it be wet and dry later...alternatively, go for shower curtains, they can be nice decor pieces too! But I still feel there is no need for all these as the bathrooms are too small! As for bathtub, go for no frills (i.e. no massage, no lights, minimum outline space...basically just a big hole....you could also go for a direct built-in bath tub using tiles...I used to have this for my previous flat.

13.jpg

Looks good.. we wanted a glass divider but ID said enough space for the shower screen..

hope it works in the MBR ... the common toilet is even smaller.... :(

You bought a unit below the common corridor as well right? saw the same drop down in your living room and bedroom..

did you meet any rejection from HDB for hacking of the wall between the living room and kitchen?

mine was not approved

Edited by budgetice

Looks good.. we wanted a glass divider but ID said enough space for the shower screen..

hope it works in the MBR ... the common toilet is even smaller.... :(

You bought a unit below the common corridor as well right? saw the same drop down in your living room and bedroom..

did you meet any rejection from HDB for hacking of the wall between the living room and kitchen?

mine was not approved

think should forget about any screens or divider in the common toilet..too small.yeah you are right we bought a flat below a corridor!

as for our hacking, we did not have any rejection...hm....

think should forget about any screens or divider in the common toilet..too small.yeah you are right we bought a flat below a corridor!

as for our hacking, we did not have any rejection...hm....

Same here, the pics in the sale of balance flat did not show the drop in height for our living room..

very frustrated because the hacking is not approved.. now have to redesign the whole kitchen.. :(

Same here, the pics in the sale of balance flat did not show the drop in height for our living room..

very frustrated because the hacking is not approved.. now have to redesign the whole kitchen.. :(

wonder if it's make a difference if you indicate hacking is not full height but just making an opening...you can have an opening e.g. over the counter concept..

Told my ID to appeal already.. hope can get it approved..

He was really optimistic loh, he said this makes renovation more interesting because you might get even more ideas when things dont go your way..

Told my ID to appeal already.. hope can get it approved..

He was really optimistic loh, he said this makes renovation more interesting because you might get even more ideas when things dont go your way..

hi budgetice,mine was nt approve also.appealling nw.

still waiting for result.

Hi dugong,

Seems like your house already reaching it's full capacity. Time to get a bigger unit. :dribble:

Joking!!I'm sure you will find the right place for the right things. Post another round of live in photos after you are much settle for us to showcase ur modern retro love shack.

The last room I have yet to share is our study room...Once again, kindly ignore the kids toys and the ALREADY very small clutter..., hehe storage space always seem insufficient!

View from the living room...notice the built in book shelves on the wall...it connects to the other side of the room

P4250036.jpg

View from the inside of the room, showing the other side of the wall shelves and connected table-top...notice the white outlining just below the blue table...

P4250037.jpg

I was thinking during the design phase, that I need space for 4 persons to be in the study room at the same time...the white lining is actually a "trolley" table..

P4250038-1.jpg

A closer look...

P4250039.jpg

Hi dugong,

Seems like your house already reaching it's full capacity. Time to get a bigger unit. :dribble:

Joking!!I'm sure you will find the right place for the right things. Post another round of live in photos after you are much settle for us to showcase ur modern retro love shack.

haha it is not too bad, you should see my storeroom, right to the BRIM! literally....I was staying in a 5 room flat with almost x2 storeroom space previously...that's the best I can do, study room is still looks the same!