Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mirkhanus

Shopping Trip In Jb

Hi all,

For those who are keen on going to our neighbors to get your electrical stuff, here is a preview of what you can get.

Unfortunately, this is all that I could fit into my car...

Elmark UFO fan with dimmer lights & remote (DMD 5)

Elmark 921 fan with remote (EMD 4)

Details of the fans can be found on www.elmark.com.sg.

The rest are 4 inch PLC lights with two 18W lamps & ballast.

th_53186_16012010102_122_902lo.jpgth_53202_16012010103_122_482lo.jpgth_53240_16012010104_122_679lo.jpg

The damage?

Elmark UFO - RM 285 (S$ 127 after paying GST at Customs Tuas)

Elmark 921 - RM 188 (S$83 with GST)

PLC lights - RM 28 ($12.30 with GST)..

Cheers!

Edited by mirkhanus

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

For those who are keen on going to our neighbors to get your electrical stuff, here is a preview of what you can get.

Unfortunately, this is all that I could fit into my car...

Elmark UFO fan with dimmer lights & remote (DMD 5)

Elmark 921 fan with remote (EMD 4)

Details of the fans can be found on www.elmark.com.sg.

The rest are 4 inch PLC lights with two 18W lamps & ballast.

th_53186_16012010102_122_902lo.jpgth_53202_16012010103_122_482lo.jpgth_53240_16012010104_122_679lo.jpg

Hi which part of jb did u go?do the shop sell alpha v6 nf360 fan

Edited by Kreep1303

kreep,

they do.... Cannot remember the price though? I went to Tampoi Lighting Centre at Taman Tampoi Indah, which is near Kip Mart. Lots of S'poreans shopping there yesterday. Perhaps you wanna check with them on the price of the Alpha V6.. Their tel no is +607-2418999.

kreep,

they do.... Cannot remember the price though? I went to Tampoi Lighting Centre at Taman Tampoi Indah, which is near Kip Mart. Lots of S'poreans shopping there yesterday. Perhaps you wanna check with them on the price of the Alpha V6.. Their tel no is +607-2418999.

Thanks a lot , will call them up to check on the price

Thanks a lot , will call them up to check on the price

Kreep,

I dropped by the shop earlier today cos I'm getting their Alpha S100 Water Heater.

The Alpha V6 is RM 455 (S$189).

Kreep,

I dropped by the shop earlier today cos I'm getting their Alpha S100 Water Heater.

The Alpha V6 is RM 455 (S$189).

Thnk you once again for the info.check with you when you declare ur items to immigration do they need to see the items as well as the receipt .also so far how are the fans and lights that you bought any defect found?

Thnk you once again for the info.check with you when you declare ur items to immigration do they need to see the items as well as the receipt .also so far how are the fans and lights that you bought any defect found?

I passed by the Tuas checkpoint and entered the red lane. Showed receipt, paid the tax and went to secondary clearance. Thereafter, the immigration/customs officers just glanced at the items & receipt, and let us pass. That's it.

For the lights and fans, so far I haven't installed. Will keep you posted. But anyhow, the shop checked and inspected every single piece of item physically in front of the buyer. With 46 PLC lights, 92 ballasts and 5 fans to check, can you imagine how long it took them?

Edited by mirkhanus

depends on how individuals look at it on their own perspectives,for me its definitely a no-no considering all the hassles like time taken to travel,testing of all items,custom clearance and not forgetting most scary part = rampant day light robbery,theft and so on...just cant imagine fate of losing my car for a pittance saving...

I passed by the Tuas checkpoint and entered the red lane. Showed receipt, paid the tax and went to secondary clearance. Thereafter, the immigration/customs officers just glanced at the items & receipt, and let us pass. That's it.

For the lights and fans, so far I haven't installed. Will keep you posted. But anyhow, the shop checked and inspected every single piece of item physically in front of the buyer. With 46 PLC lights, 92 ballasts and 5 fans to check, can you imagine how long it took them?

Wow,

I just called up one of the shops to check on this Alpha V6 fan. They are selling at S$360, excluding installation. Installation is $35. Seems like getting from JB is much much cheaper,even with the additional of 7% GST. FYI

Cheers!

Edited by Skywire

Wow,

I just called up one of the shops to check on this Alpha V6 fan. They are selling at S$360, excluding installation. Installation is $35. Seems like getting from JB is much much cheaper,even with the additional of 7% GST. FYI

Cheers!

The cheapest I was qoute in Singapore for the v6 fan was around 280 exlude installation,but of course jb will be much cheaper .

The cheapest I was qoute in Singapore for the v6 fan was around 280 exlude installation,but of course jb will be much cheaper .

Hi,

Mind sharing your contact where you were quoted the fan at $280?

Thanks.

any links on how to drive to JB for reno shopping?

tia

easiest is to find all the various locations' addresses....then get a johor map n then use it to drive around for directions...quite hard to describe online...

Hi,

Mind sharing your contact where you were quoted the fan at $280?

Thanks.

Sure , it is through this forum that I found out bout this shop . It's called A Lighting Enterprise located at 463 geylang road spore 389422. Mayb u can give the a call to the shop first to enquiry bout the price again . The tel no is 67451826.

easiest is to find all the various locations' addresses....then get a johor map n then use it to drive around for directions...quite hard to describe online...

This is the best I can do thus far. For those interested in JB shopping for lightings and fans, this is the most simplified route I can offer on map.

th_77179_JB01_122_43lo.jpgth_77188_JB02_122_74lo.jpgth_77196_JB03_122_975lo.jpg