Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fftw

The Pinnacle @ Duxton - S2

fftw, i need to find a sink that is rectangular, 60cm wide, 40cm deep. have any suggestions?

Over or under mount? If under mount, can check out Bellari. their prices are quite reasonable.

If overmount, check out Rubine's website to see if any of the sinks suits you. You can go down to Poh Joo to purchase or order it. Look for Benjamin, he is the boss. Tell him Fiona (Dennis is renovating her home) recommend you there.

Hope you find one that suits you :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
have u gotten a reply on the why they anyhow run the pipings that way?

it looks like japan's railway system!

Haha! Annjoy, your description is so spot on! Just found from my hubby that the Japanes Railway system can't be helped as hubby wanted hot water at the sink. But Dennis said he will think about its again and let us know if it can be changed or alternatively, Dennis will get his guys to paint the pipes white to blend in with the wall walls. See how...

Edited by fftw

We are definitely DIE HARD Ikea Fans

If you have been reading my blog, you will know that the thorn in my side for this entire renovation is those bloody bathroom sinks!

We have travelled all over Singapore, even to some ulu area near Upper Thomson Road (we went to sansei) to check out sinks. But alas, lady luck is not shining on us. So we have decided to get the expensive $300 Ikea sinks and get Dennis to cut it to out requirements.

Here is the picture of the Ikea sink

FrontViewofSink.jpg

For the main bathroom, in order to flush the sink & bottom cabinet againist the 43 cm in width wall, Dennis is going to cut the top of the sink such that the top and bottom spacing of the sink is equal. We will place the tap in the centre of the flat surface.

For the common bathroom, Dennis will cut the flat surface so that the length of the sink fits into the short 75 cm in length wall.

So YES, we are willing to spend $600 on bathroom sinks from IKEA :bangwall:

We are definitely DIE HARD Ikea Fans

If you have been reading my blog, you will know that the thorn in my side for this entire renovation is those bloody bathroom sinks!

We have travelled all over Singapore, even to some ulu area near Upper Thomson Road (we went to sansei) to check out sinks. But alas, lady luck is not shining on us. So we have decided to get the expensive $300 Ikea sinks and get Dennis to cut it to out requirements.

Here is the picture of the Ikea sink

FrontViewofSink.jpg

For the main bathroom, in order to flush the sink & bottom cabinet againist the 43 cm in width wall, Dennis is going to cut the top of the sink such that the top and bottom spacing of the sink is equal. We will place the tap in the centre of the flat surface.

For the common bathroom, Dennis will cut the flat surface so that the length of the sink fits into the short 75 cm in length wall.

So YES, we are willing to spend $600 on bathroom sinks from IKEA :bangwall:

nice diehard fans :D

i am searching for a 60x40cm sink (overmount) from other places because ikea's self-proclaimed 60x40cm sink is actually 61cm wide...

have u gotten a reply on the why they anyhow run the pipings that way?

it looks like japan's railway system!

Hahaha... their system there is so complicated esp. for first timers!!! :notti:

fftw > Any way to box the railway tracks up? :unsure:

We have travelled all over Singapore, even to some ulu area near Upper Thomson Road (we went to sansei) to check out sinks.

Hey fftw, you managed to go down to Sansei? How was the sinks range like?

Over or under mount? If under mount, can check out Bellari. their prices are quite reasonable.

If overmount, check out Rubine's website to see if any of the sinks suits you. You can go down to Poh Joo to purchase or order it. Look for Benjamin, he is the boss. Tell him Fiona (Dennis is renovating her home) recommend you there.

Hope you find one that suits you :)

sorry, i am referring to washbasins, not sinks.

i need 600mm washbasins. vero by duravit #045460 seems suitable for me.

Hahaha... their system there is so complicated esp. for first timers!!! :notti:

fftw > Any way to box the railway tracks up? :unsure:

Chip Eng Seng is just being selfish n they do not care of others when they build Pinnacle...I also hope that my gas pipe will not turn up to be railway tracks too - i hate the ugly sight of pipes running around the place but sometimes really no choice. I also hope that Edmund can install the storage heater nicely for me at the service yard......

After confirming our flat in early 2008, I have been surfing the net for ideas, tips, information, etc. Thanks to everyone's recommendations, I gain heaps of knowledge and contacts for all kinds of items for my renovation. For this I am extremelt grateful. So I am starting this t-blog in order to "pay it forward" :)

We got our keys on Dec 13 from MM Lee so the process begin on Jan 04. First up, my floorplan... erhm... can someone teach me how to do it?

Hi FFTW,

Would you mind share your aircon contac?

I'm looking for system 3 for my new home.

thks!

fftw: so how much have you incur for your renovation so far? ;)

So far, there is no change to the amount Dennis quoted me :)

Though I have some extra things (pretty small things actually) I ask him to include, he didn't charge me. There are also some things that I am no longer doing (also pretty small, like no more counter top in the bathroom). Will keep everyone updated on the final cost. Think will know this Friday.

Hey fftw, you managed to go down to Sansei? How was the sinks range like?

The range on display is quite limited. The website has a better display of sinks. Before you go down, its better to ask them if they have that particular sink you want on display, otherwise it will be a wasited trip, like for us. Also there have very limited stock, so you may 1. Not be able to see the physical goods. 2. have to order in advance. It may take 3 to 4 months for the sinks to arrive.

Chip Eng Seng is just being selfish n they do not care of others when they build Pinnacle...I also hope that my gas pipe will not turn up to be railway tracks too - i hate the ugly sight of pipes running around the place but sometimes really no choice. I also hope that Edmund can install the storage heater nicely for me at the service yard......

Spoke to Dennis, the only thing he can do is to re-route one of the pipes so its parallel to another pipe. He will box us as much as he can and paint the pipes the same color as the wall for those that can't be boxed up.

The "Nihon" Railways is a result of the fact that we not only have a gas heater for the water, we also have a gas dryer & using pipe gas. On top of it all, we also have hot water for the Kitchen sink, which most local households do not have. My husband insist that our domestic helper use hot water to wash dishes. So no choice :(

sorry, i am referring to washbasins, not sinks.

i need 600mm washbasins. vero by duravit #045460 seems suitable for me.

That is a nice looking sink :) Check out Rigel website as well. They have quite a few good looking ones.