Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fftw

The Pinnacle @ Duxton - S2

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi FT, we are neighbour! I got an unit of Pinnacle too.... ;) Looks like alot of Pinnacle owners are doing open concept kitchen as I read alot on the forum n majority are hacking their kitchen. I am leaving it as it is as initially I wanted to change the sink location to make L-shape kitchen but due to waterpipe so decided not to spend too much $ so just leave things as it is. I will be doing suspended kitchen with swing door at the entrance....hopefully it will turn up well! Wish me good luck! :)

Hi fftw,

I'm new to this forum. We recently purchased a 5 rm resale flat in the east. We are thinking of going for a reliable contractor who also has some design sense. My husband is also an 'ang moh' so we need someone whom he can communicate with. Will it be possible to send me the contact information for Dennis and perhaps a few photos of your renovated home?

Thanks a bunch.

are we allowed to hack the toilet tiles cos i thot there is a 3yrs restriction for hacking the toilet tiles??

I think you can't hack bathroom floor tiles cos of water proofing. But the tile I hack is to hide the ugly pipes. So maybe can? I am not sure leh. Dennis is going to get replacement tiles for me.

Hi FT, we are neighbour! I got an unit of Pinnacle too.... ;) Looks like alot of Pinnacle owners are doing open concept kitchen as I read alot on the forum n majority are hacking their kitchen. I am leaving it as it is as initially I wanted to change the sink location to make L-shape kitchen but due to waterpipe so decided not to spend too much $ so just leave things as it is. I will be doing suspended kitchen with swing door at the entrance....hopefully it will turn up well! Wish me good luck! :)

Congratulations on getting a unit at The Pinnacle too! Here's wishing you a smooth reno experience! Please set-up a t-blog to share :) Excited to see your photos too!

Edited by fftw

Hi fftw,

I'm new to this forum. We recently purchased a 5 rm resale flat in the east. We are thinking of going for a reliable contractor who also has some design sense. My husband is also an 'ang moh' so we need someone whom he can communicate with. Will it be possible to send me the contact information for Dennis and perhaps a few photos of your renovated home?

Thanks a bunch.

Hi there,

Please PM me and I will reply accordingly. Continue reading my t-blog :) Photos of my renovation experience as well as my newly renovated home will be put up as we continue my journey. Keep reading!

Chrome Rose Rain Shower

Remember the big hoo-ha over my Chrome Rose Rain Shower? In my great haste to exchange, I didn't take any photos of the cheap china made Rose rain shower that was delivered to me. Instead I only took photos of the Rose rain shower that I eventually exchanged. The difference between the china made Rose rain shower and the european version is very obvious. The weight of the china made ones is equal to a plate of Chicken Rice whereas the european version weights about 3 kg to 4 kg. Also the look of the china made version is very generic Quite ugly actually. Also I suspect they gave me a used version as there was lime scale on them!

Anyways... here is the final product.

Top view

IMG_0234.jpg

Bottom view

IMG_0236.jpg

Edited by fftw

Rain Shower @ Half Price :)[/u]

As I mentioned in my previous post, I took Dennis advise to retain the current mixer in the bathroom and only bought the pipe, Rose rain shower & the "U" shape thingy in order to get my Rain Shower or Overhead shower as some might call it. Total Damaged per bathroom $150+ :)

Also, Dennis contractors are very careful to ensure they remove & replace the pole/pipes properly so no holes can be seen.

Before Pole was Removed

IMG_0116.jpg

After Pole was Removed/Before Installation of Pipe for Rain Shower & Rain Shower

RainshowerHoles.jpg

Final Product! Swee Swee :)

Rainshower.jpg

Edited by fftw

What Is This?!? Its SOOOO Ugly :(

I have not really been going to the house to see what has been done as my hubby is in China at the moment & I am busy at work. Plus I trust Dennis to do what is right after he communicated with my hubby on how he wish to run all the pipes in the house. Including the gas pipes. But to my horror! The gas pipes are all over the place! Its such an eye sore! Why are there so many pipes in my yard ?!?! Bending this way and that way? I understand we have a gas heater & gas dry plus another hot water pipe going to the Kitchen sink. But seriously?!? It looks like a bunch of copper pipes just landed in my back yard.

Wanted to call Dennis immediately to ask him what is going on behind the yard but... I don't know what was his dicussion with my hubby on the gas pipes so don't wish to be KPO. Will wait for hubby's return tonight to see what he says... See the photos and be the judge. Ugly isn't it? :( Anyone has any advise? Maybe there is a neater way? Or worst case, paint it over in white?!?

This is how my yard looks like

IMG_0228.jpg

Why is there a bloody bent?!?

IMG_0230.jpg

Edited by fftw

Why must they run the copper pipes over my aircon pipes? Can't they run it parallel?!?

IMG_0229.jpg

Two copper pipes, one to the gas cooker hod & another to the sink.

IMG_0231.jpg

Bidet Spray, Anyone?

Hehe... Dennis finally manage to find the location to install the bident spray so I am happy with the results :) The location can be found on the right side (if your are sitting on the toilet bowl) of the toilet bowl in both bathrooms.

Edited by fftw

I found this link on The Building and Construction Authority's (BCA) national yardstick for measuring the workmanship quality of building projects. It provides a list of common complaints after constructions. Might be useful for those who will like to do a proper QC or basic knowledge.

http://www.bca.gov.sg/Publications/Enhance...ent_series.html

fftw, i need to find a sink that is rectangular, 60cm wide, 40cm deep. have any suggestions?

Bidet Spray, Anyone?

Hehe... Dennis finally manage to find the location to install the bident spray so I am happy with the results :) The location can be found on the right side (if your are sitting on the toilet bowl) of the toilet bowl in both bathrooms.

Hi fftw,

Do you have photos of this bidet installation?

Thanks!