Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fftw

The Pinnacle @ Duxton - S2

Hi fftw,

my ID has replied me that all his laminate suppliers do not have 1.8 mm laminates and even the 1mm types are available only in certain colours. So I will be using 0.8mm laminate. By the way he also says that 1.8mm laminates will have more obvious joint lines which may affect the overall apperance of the cabinets.

Another way is to use Spray Painting but it will cost more.

Edited by saggydog

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Another way is to use Spray Painting but it will cost more.

My ID says it will cost a lot more, so I am not considering it.

Hi fftw,

my ID has replied me that all his laminate suppliers do not have 1.8 mm laminates and even the 1mm types are available only in certain colours. So I will be using 0.8mm laminate. By the way he also says that 1.8mm laminates will have more obvious joint lines which may affect the overall apperance of the cabinets.

Thanks SGK. Will check with him again. I saw the Holland Close home he did using 1.8mm laminates and there are no obvious joint lines. So either your ID smoking you or my contractor is smoking me! In any case, I agreed to 1.8mm laminate with ABS of 1mm instead of the standard 2mm (maybe this is what you mean by obvios joint lines?) and he promise to make it swee swee. I told his carpenter than if its not swee swee, will reject his goods... So will see how it goes. Will update as we go along :)

Btw, its not true that 1mm are only available in certain colours, most laminates are 1mm. Go to Lamitak or Seng Lee if you are uncertain, they will be able to advise accurately. In fact, you can even go to Lamitak office or Seng Lee to get A4 samples of laminates so you have a better idea of how it will look like instead of looking at the tiny square piece of laminates in the book. I have done it before for my previous home. And Lamitak & Seng Lee will inform you that most of their laminate is 1mm. The most expensive laminate is actually true core, where the entire laminate is only one colour. Super expensive but super duper nice :)

SGK, if possible, don't accept 0.8mm, insist on 1mm. Trus me, its better.

Edited by fftw

I got my aircon from Gain City. The thing about them is that they dont normally do site survey first. So, they just come down on the day of installation to install. Any discussion is done on the spot.

What I did was to insist that they send someone to do site survey with my contractor and discuss trunking options. In that way, my contractor will conceal as much trunking as possible. Unfortunately for me, there are still trunking that are exposed. Will live with it by using curtains, false ceilings and painting over.

As for the holes, I was onsite on the day of installation to ensure no one screws up. My contractor was there too. After they punch a hole and put in the trunking, they sealed up any holes that can be seen. My contractor's guys also level up the wall around the holes using cement. After painting, it should be fine.

That's the problem with Gain City. So lazy and can't be bothered with site survey 1st. Thank goodness you insist on it :) Dennis also mentioned that Gain City is very "careless" with the way they drill holes. So I rather pay the extra $20 to allow Edwin (Dennis recommendation) to do the aircon for me. The results is something I am very HAPPY :) Will show you pics.

How I Run My Aircon Trucking

As mentioned, I am pretty satisfied with the way Edwin Poh (the aircon recommendation from Dennis) run my pipes and trucking. Dennis arranged for Poh to do a site survey with our carpenter, gas man & hubby and me. This is to ensure that the aircon trucking will leave room for the gas pipes and both the aircon trucking and gas pipes will be hidden either behind carpentry or box up.

This picture is the aircon trucking from the laundry area into the house

IMG_0200.jpg

The pipes will run along the length of my kitchen wall, all of which will be hidden by carpentry.

This picture is along the beam leading to the rooms. Dennis will construct a box up for this area so that its flush against the wall and you can't see the trucking anymore.

IMG_0202.jpg

And that's it! The below 3 pictures are photos of where the aircon will be located in the rooms

Common Rm 1 & 2

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

Main Bedroom

IMG_0205.jpg

Where are all the pipes and the trucking you may ask? Its above the false ceiling of the main & common bathrooms.

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

My only concern? This ugly pipe in the bathroom for drainage. Dennis promise to think of a way to hide it. Maybe behind carpentry or go through the left side of the tile instead of the front.

IMG_0209.jpg

Hi hi

You might want to try out this shop @ 566 Balestier Road (Home & Bathroom). They are authorized dealer for Hansgrohe and they give pretty decent discount too :)

Thanks :) will go check that place out later part of the year as I bought my Chrome Rain Rose Shower from Poh Joo already...

My only concern? This ugly pipe in the bathroom for drainage. Dennis promise to think of a way to hide it. Maybe behind carpentry or go through the left side of the tile instead of the front.

IMG_0209.jpg

are we allowed to hack the toilet tiles cos i thot there is a 3yrs restriction for hacking the toilet tiles??

I finally got my items from Poh Joo, including Kitchen sink yesterday. Dennis was the one who coordinated with Poh Joo on the delivery and was also kind enough to coordinate my dish washer. Hubby knowing that I am quite particular, ask me to go down to check to make sure everything is in order and up to standard. So that is what I did this morning.

When I when through the items, I saw my lovely Kitchen with two holes drilled, one for the soap dispenser and another for the tap. But wait... something don't seem right, what are the holes for the soap dispenser and the tap the same size? Mmm... maybe it normal? Nevermind, here's the picture of my Rubine Sink with half size drainage.

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

(can you see that the holes are both the same size?!?)

Edited by fftw

Items from Poh Joo

Then I proceed to check the rest of the items, thingking that I will take photos of each after I finish checking.

Chopping board = checked, Kitchen sink pull out tap = checked, bidet spray = checked, Pipes = erhm... don't know how to check, Chrome Rose Rain Shower = wait a minute, why is there brown stuff on the rose? Its also looks rusty, it has limescale on it as if its been used and so light to carry :horse:

I got a little upset and proceed to go to Poh Joo to exchange for two BRAND NEW CHROME ROSE! When down and immediately spoke to the boss (Dennis ask me to go look for the boss). Show him my Chrome Rose Rain Shower and was very upset about it. He immediately ask one of his assistant to bring out a few others for me to choose from. The Chrome Rose Rain Shower heads she brought out are all much heavier than what I was given and also looks new. So after checking a few, (the boss had to ask her to bring the new stock from upstairs down when she prentend that she only have 5 to choose from and out of the 5, 4 of them have rust stains on them), I selected 2 brand new ones that she took from the upstairs storage. Whoa! I almost kena cheated!

After choosing and packing my Chrome Rose Rain Shower, I causally ask why the 2 holes in my sink are the same size when one is the soap dispenser and the other is for the tap. The boss got shocked and said it can't be so as he personally checked the items before being sent to me. SO I pointed out about the Chrome Rose Rain Shower and ask if he checked them. He proceed to check his invoice and realised my mistake! So how? He apologise profusely and asked if I can wait to install the sink. If I can wait, he will come arrange for a bigger hole to be punch when he goes to The Pinnavle for delivery. I told him to liaise with Dennis and let me know the outcome. The short story is that in the end I had to go back to the house to take the sink, bring the sink back to Poh Joo to get it sorted out and go back home again! By the time I finished all these transactions, I had to rush back to office for meetings... So irritating!

Well at least I got it sorted out :) Will pop by the home again tomorrow to take more photos of the items I purchase and the of course photos of the infamous Chrome Rose Rain Shower.

Remember this photo that I took of my neighbour's flat before hacking and I mentioned that mine is the opposite layout?

PD7-1.jpg

Here is how my place looks after the hacking

IMG_0197.jpg

Here are 2 photos of the headboard we are getiing Dennis to fabricate for us.

This is how the front looks like:

IMG_0194.jpg

This is how the back looks like:

IMG_0192.jpg