Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fftw

The Pinnacle @ Duxton - S2

think its ok ba...there's scv points, switch, tel points inside the bomb shelter :)

I think if u can buy a portable aircon for her will be gd. Switching on fan will still be stuffy. In other countries, u will get sued if the housemaid is provided with a room without any proper ventilation (eg. window).

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Yah! She can be very daring! We can be very relax with her so at times she tends to try her luck but we set very clear boundaries with her & tells her straight in her face if she gets out of hand. So far, she tries with sleeping times, acts blur when she spoilt something,yaks on the phone non stop . But otherwise, she is good. She has a good heart (so far) that even the cat bullies her at times.

haha...ur maid is exactly like my fren's maid....they really really loves yaking on the phone...my fren's maid is a big eater, she can eat 8 slices of bread everyday plus 4 jars of nutella, jams, etc each month....

whats distance between fan and cove light? any shadows?

I don't know the distance but your contractor/ID should know how to advise you. Dennis did the calculations for us & move the original "hole" for the fan.

There are no shadows.

fftw, can ask....i dun quite understand the lingo (if there is) for the sinks in the kitchen....wat's the diff betw undermount sink and the other one u were saying?

I may not be very good at explaining this so bear with me... Under mount means the sink is mount under the counter top, so you will not see the edges of the sink. Over mount means the edges of the sink is mounted the conventional way i.e. on top of the solid counter top.

I may not be very good at explaining this so bear with me... Under mount means the sink is mount under the counter top, so you will not see the edges of the sink. Over mount means the edges of the sink is mounted the conventional way i.e. on top of the solid counter top.

Fftw: you are right....undermount will not have water seep out easily.... :)

I just realise that is a liitle confusion over the entire bidet spray. So here is the explaination:-

My plumber tells me that the bidet spray can be installed in the bathrooms. He managed to locate the pipes by "kocking" the tiles & also chit chatting with the other plumbers who have worked on The Pinnacle resident's homes. In fact, there is a quite a few The Pinnacle residents who have install the bidet spray. Also its not messy at all :) (I saw a unit in Blk 1G after its done).

After they destory the tiles to fixed the bidet spray, they will replace the bathroom tiles, so it looks brand new :) BSC will give you the supplier for the bathroom tiles, if you are interested. Initially I thought its was against the HDB policy (something to do with water proofing), so unfortunately, I have not done it as I am still considering it.

The good news is that Shelby spoke to the Techical officer of P@D, Ms Lee (6248 6432) to ask her if we are allowed to hack a few tiles in the bathroom. Ms Lee said its possible to hack the bathroom wall tile to make an opening for the pipes as wall tiles do not need waterproofing, only floor tiles are no allowed to hack.

So will get my plumber to get it done & post pictures on my reno blog.

• Like 1

I just realise that is a liitle confusion over the entire bidet spray. So here is the explaination:-

My plumber tells me that the bidet spray can be installed in the bathrooms. He managed to locate the pipes by "kocking" the tiles & also chit chatting with the other plumbers who have worked on The Pinnacle resident's homes. In fact, there is a quite a few The Pinnacle residents who have install the bidet spray. Also its not messy at all :) (I saw a unit in Blk 1G after its done).

After they destory the tiles to fixed the bidet spray, they will replace the bathroom tiles, so it looks brand new :) BSC will give you the supplier for the bathroom tiles, if you are interested. Initially I thought its was against the HDB policy (something to do with water proofing), so unfortunately, I have not done it as I am still considering it.

The good news is that Shelby spoke to the Techical officer of P@D, Ms Lee (6248 6432) to ask her if we are allowed to hack a few tiles in the bathroom. Ms Lee said its possible to hack the bathroom wall tile to make an opening for the pipes as wall tiles do not need waterproofing, only floor tiles are no allowed to hack.

So will get my plumber to get it done & post pictures on my reno blog.

indeed, it's true tat only floor tiles for new HDB flats aren't allowed to be hacked unless it's till 3 or 5 yrs after tat....it's in the HDB website so no worries on tat

fftw, got ur point on the overmount n undermount sink tops ;)

to summarise wat u n KSJL said, tat means....if u do undermount sink top, edges of sink can't be seen and if we do overmount sink top, we have to do some kind of sealant ie. silicon to ensure no spilling or leakage of such rite?

Fftw: you are right....undermount will not have water seep out easily.... :)

undermount water will not seep out easily but will water seep into the plywood instead???

undermount water will not seep out easily but will water seep into the plywood instead???

Will not if the area underneath are properly sealed with silicon. Likewise for overmount, if properly sealed up, will not leak either. Personally, I feel it's the aesthethic reason that carries more weight here, rather than the water seepage reason. Overmount sink exposes the silicon surrounding lining more, which is prone to getting stained with contaminants after some time.

Will not if the area underneath are properly sealed with silicon. Likewise for overmount, if properly sealed up, will not leak either. Personally, I feel it's the aesthethic reason that carries more weight here, rather than the water seepage reason. Overmount sink exposes the silicon surrounding lining more, which is prone to getting stained with contaminants after some time.

agree on the contaminants part....my parents got overmount sink with silicon sealant....tat's exactly wat's happening...it's turning yellow n starting to have algae or bacteria (watever u call it)....on top of tat, sealant starting to fray off n wear off too....tat's y i'm tiking abt the sealant

agree on the contaminants part....my parents got overmount sink with silicon sealant....tat's exactly wat's happening...it's turning yellow n starting to have algae or bacteria (watever u call it)....on top of tat, sealant starting to fray off n wear off too....tat's y i'm tiking abt the sealant

Thanks to Blue for the clearer explanation.

Grace: Do undermount then... :)