Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Valeo

Opennet Fibreoptics Wire Installation

i'm not sure what it means by bending the cable. it appears to have right angles - not sure how it is possible not to bend the cable, if bending means right angles.

sorry for late reply, i just posted.

have you done yours yet?

thanks for clarifying. not done yet. but scheduled to be between march and may. will be starting reno in april so will make provisions and spoace for thwe ternimation box in the storeroom. mine old flat no bomb shelter so can drill through the wall.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
thanks for clarifying. not done yet. but scheduled to be between march and may. will be starting reno in april so will make provisions and spoace for thwe ternimation box in the storeroom. mine old flat no bomb shelter so can drill through the wall.

but the termination box is supposed to connect to a tv (and also router). or will you be laying that cat5 etc cable already?

routers could physically be placed in store room, however the 'reception' could be quite bad if you are using wireless to connect.

sorry for late reply! didn't subscribe to this thread by email so never noticed.

here is a pic - very blurry , crappy camera phone

doesn't look very obvious here, but nevertheless sad as everything else was previously hidden by Lbox, console.

b6xyra.jpg

closer look

hv2jxu.jpg

Where does the cable start running from?

Oh my goodness ...

My living room is further in, after my dining room which is nearer to the entrance.

All the trunking are covered by cornices, there's a built in carpentry in between the dining room/living room.

I don't see how it can be done nicely???

Oh my goodness ...

My living room is further in, after my dining room which is nearer to the entrance.

All the trunking are covered by cornices, there's a built in carpentry in between the dining room/living room.

I don't see how it can be done nicely???

yah very sad

u can try to hijack the contractors when they do your neighbour's unit - my father did that

and see if they have any good suggestions

or maybe don't do. as don't think there is an use for it right now yet.

or maybe do until the closest point to the 'outside', and next time when need to use then figure out. not very good, this idea . haha.

Edited by creatrixnator

Hi everyone , i am still new to this Fibre Optics thingy.

My New 5rm just have it installed while in the hands of the seller ( whole block is doing it ) if they asked them to come back another time, it is $200.

So consider lucky ?

But now question is I need to rewire whole house, is there any way where the contractors will not remove it wrongly ? it is just next to SCV point ?

are they sharing anything ???

for those who are doing up their reno before the fibre rollout in their area, i've written in to them regarding this issue and this is their response. hope it helps

General Information for steps home owners can take during renovation to allow smoother fibre deployment

1. Designate a Location:

(i) Designate a particular location, such as a designated closet, where all the telecommunication facilities can be installed within. This will facilitate connections and ensure that the installation can be performed presentably & neatly.

2. Ensure “Conduit or Path” To The Designated Location So That Fibre Can Be Installed

For Condominiums / HDBs / High Rise Residential Homes

(ii) Ensure or cater for an empty 20mm uPVC conduit or PVC trunking compartment to the above location (e.g. the closet). The conduit should be installed in straight runs or be able to accommodate bending radius of the central line of the conduit not less than 100mm.

(iii) A draw rope shall be provided in the empty conduit so that the fibre cable can be installed subsequently.

3. Ensure Accessories At The Designated Location Is Catered For

(iv) Install twin 13A power point/socket at the designated location (e.g. within the closet), so as to provide power to any equipment.

(v) Install RJ45 patch panel. Number of ports should be greater than the number of rooms of units premise.

4. Internal Wiring / Cabling

(vi) Owners are encouraged to install Cat 6 cables for internal cabling from the patch panel to all rooms. This will ensure internal cabling connectivity.

Its important to note that Unshielded Twisted Pair (Cat 6) cables should not exceed 100m runs from the RJ45 patch panel to the RJ45 wall outlet.

my new home is undergoing reno as well and i've booked the opennet installation to b as early as possible, which is happening in a week's time. however, my false ceiling is already up and thus my ID suggested to tear down 1 portion for the laying of fibre optic cables b4 patching up the false ceiling again.

My condo is optic ready, with all termination box, etc done up... just waiting for the OpenNet ppl to instal, but according to their schedule, all buildings around my area is scheduled for June 2010, while our only building is slated for June 2012 ... go figure. OpenNet replied that the reason is... the follow the postal code. Our condo is the 'newest' (2 years old liaw) building in old Balestier, but since they are doing up the AREA, what's the problem doing up our condo too?

My condo is optic ready, with all termination box, etc done up... just waiting for the OpenNet ppl to instal, but according to their schedule, all buildings around my area is scheduled for June 2010, while our only building is slated for June 2012 ... go figure. OpenNet replied that the reason is... the follow the postal code. Our condo is the 'newest' (2 years old liaw) building in old Balestier, but since they are doing up the AREA, what's the problem doing up our condo too?

if you are from open net, would you entertain such a request?

if just 10% of the population call to request for such things, opennet would go crazy!

just wait for them to come lor, whats the hurry? it will be a white elephant for some time before something constructive comes thru that small box anyway

if you are from open net, would you entertain such a request?

if just 10% of the population call to request for such things, opennet would go crazy!

just wait for them to come lor, whats the hurry? it will be a white elephant for some time before something constructive comes thru that small box anyway

Why cannot entertain? They crazy is their problem. We don't want them to run cable across our house to make our house looks ugly. What is the big deal right? If they not happy, we pay. They are awarded the biggest contract in the whole history of Singapore by being the sole installer for fibre optics. They do it for free? Who is the customer and end user here?

If one were to look at the trend today, customer us number one.

Edited by htng