Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Valeo

Opennet Fibreoptics Wire Installation

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to find out if anyone has already installed the Opennet Fibreoptics wire which is due to be rolled out later this year.

I am doing renovation now and want to conceal the wiring so just want to find out more about the charges. Understand the 1st 15m is free if u are accept the offer within 3 weeks issued. otherwise have to pay to engage. Any idea what cost and what wire ? believe it is CAT 5 or 6 wiring, please advise?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi lch, thanks for the clarification so contractor can buy the fibre optics or must be by opennet appointed contractor only?

Edited by Valeo

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to find out if anyone has already installed the Opennet Fibreoptics wire which is due to be rolled out later this year.

I am doing renovation now and want to conceal the wiring so just want to find out more about the charges. Understand the 1st 15m is free if u are accept the offer within 3 weeks issued. otherwise have to pay to engage. Any idea what cost and what wire ? believe it is CAT 5 or 6 wiring, please advise?

i think its better to ask the right people, which is open net themselves:)

can only install by opennet contractor cos the fibre cable & termination point come from them

if u doing reno now, u muz designate location for the termination box

openet recommendation is the termination box best locate near a SCV point w 2 power socket

However if u guys wire up the house (laying cat 5e or cat 6 cables in the house and terminate w network point), then u can put this opennet termination box near your network termination point (either in a closet or study room or storeroom)

u can ask the contractors to lay a hidden conduit above the false ceiling from ur main door to whichever location u want for the opennet termination point. The conduit muz be a straight one or maybe bend abit and must come w a draw rope so that the opennet contractor can easily run the optic fibre cable thru it

im staying in Tampines and have until 5 Feb 2010 to confirm the acceptance.

act im also wondering how it will affect my house as i jus moved in not long as such renovation are also new..

im staying in Tampines and have until 5 Feb 2010 to confirm the acceptance.

act im also wondering how it will affect my house as i jus moved in not long as such renovation are also new..

most likely u will see exposed trunkings along the wall :P

yes - just did mine couple of days back.

so sad!

did they bend the cable? i intend to have the termination box installed in my storeroom. which is next to my main door along the corridor. do you have any pictures to show on how they did the cable laying?

very much appreciated if can upload some images

many thanks!

did they bend the cable? i intend to have the termination box installed in my storeroom. which is next to my main door along the corridor. do you have any pictures to show on how they did the cable laying?

many thanks!

But how to install in storeroom? It is a CD shelter, cannot hack or drill (more than 50mm deep). Unless yours is the old type of storeroom.

Can show some pics?

sorry for late reply! didn't subscribe to this thread by email so never noticed.

here is a pic - very blurry , crappy camera phone

doesn't look very obvious here, but nevertheless sad as everything else was previously hidden by Lbox, console.

b6xyra.jpg

closer look

hv2jxu.jpg

many thanks!

i'm not sure what it means by bending the cable. it appears to have right angles - not sure how it is possible not to bend the cable, if bending means right angles.

sorry for late reply, i just posted.

have you done yours yet?

hihi i also din follow up too closely...in the end i declined the offer.

act i called them and they said "it wld b done nicely etc" but logical thinking tells me sure will hv exposed trunking.

mainly also im stil unconvinced abt how much i wil utilise this in the next 1-2 years. so jus wait till later la.