Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PAPC

Budget For An Em Renovation

i m intending to buy an EM too..so i should budget my reno to be at least 50k for overhaul?

For everything then yep, 50K sounds like a minimum. We have a few bits brought (i.e. some lights and oven) over and very minimal carpentry and we will get in at around 45K I would guess inc sanitary wares / lights / electricals etc.

RB

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi RimBlock,

Can i get your electircan contacts, please.

Many thanks

Hi Jim,

I would suggest letting them finish the electrical works on the reno and then I can give you a proper assessment of their work along with the contact number. They should be finished this week. I would hate to pass on the contact and the work was not that good or problematic after I had passed it to you.

Please PM me and I will not forget or have to go hunting for this thread ;) .

RB

For everything then yep, 50K sounds like a minimum. We have a few bits brought (i.e. some lights and oven) over and very minimal carpentry and we will get in at around 45K I would guess inc sanitary wares / lights / electricals etc.

RB

wow really sounds like a minimum. i am thinking of hacking the living/dining/kitchen/balcony floors and redo, redo all 3 toilets, staircase also, cabinets, redo kitchen, built in wardrobes for MBR, electrical rewiring.. wow seems like a big project..budgetting the cost to do all these reno. haiz.. love the space, but reno is really $$$ consuming..

wow really sounds like a minimum. i am thinking of hacking the living/dining/kitchen/balcony floors and redo, redo all 3 toilets, staircase also, cabinets, redo kitchen, built in wardrobes for MBR, electrical rewiring.. wow seems like a big project..budgetting the cost to do all these reno. haiz.. love the space, but reno is really $$$ consuming..

If you want all that then yep... will be very expensive. We were quoted 5K for the stairs :jawdrop: .

RB

Your requirements sound more like 80-100k renovation. Conservatively, 75k minimum.

wow that is real ex wor...hmm i duno what can be salvage if the EM is in original condition...haiz....

hai...

i'm in same fate as you...

getting my resale EM next Mon...

it's in pretty original condition... needs major rehaul...

still searching for renovators...

all very costly...

those who quoted too low, I also scared... :(

hai...

all very costly...

that's true...we are still in the midst of looking for a suitable EM...just tat hope reno not so ex..but if original condition, i think a bit tough..so how much are you setting aside for this????

hai...

all very costly...

ur second appt is dis coming mon (31.01.11)?..whoaa..& it b my 1st appt :dancingqueen:

btw how muc did they quote u & wat r d things u goin to do?.. i did chk wif my contractor & he quote me abt 63K include rewiring, hacking 5 walls, full height cabinet, an island, full reno on 3 toilet with bath tub in master toilet, sliding glass panel & door for kitchen, plastering for whole hse, false ceiling & L box, laminate flooring for all bedrooms n stairs, window & grills for whole hse, wrought iron main gate, solid veneer door & solid door for all bedrooms

ur second appt is dis coming mon (31.01.11)?..whoaa..& it b my 1st appt :dancingqueen:

btw how muc did they quote u & wat r d things u goin to do?.. i did chk wif my contractor & he quote me abt 63K include rewiring, hacking 5 walls, full height cabinet, an island, full reno on 3 toilet with bath tub in master toilet, sliding glass panel & door for kitchen, plastering for whole hse, false ceiling & L box, laminate flooring for all bedrooms n stairs, window & grills for whole hse, wrought iron main gate, solid veneer door & solid door for all bedrooms

LOL... $63K is like the magic number... think I've asked a few forummers for their quotations... and those quotations that I've gotten.

It's mainly ard $63K...

think from normal distribution or "bell curve", think the norm is $63K to $67K.

The outliers are like $35K (may have a lot of missing items) and $78K (may have a lot of "unwanted" stuff)...

The below average is ard $50K.

We can exchange quotations and compare, if you want. :P

LOL... $63K is like the magic number... think I've asked a few forummers for their quotations... and those quotations that I've gotten.

It's mainly ard $63K...

think from normal distribution or "bell curve", think the norm is $63K to $67K.

The outliers are like $35K (may have a lot of missing items) and $78K (may have a lot of "unwanted" stuff)...

The below average is ard $50K.

We can exchange quotations and compare, if you want. :P

PM u my quotation :yamseng:

PM u my quotation :yamseng:

You can read mine at my t-blog.

I got others also la... those 63-67K ones... if you want, I can email you lor. :P

You can read mine at my t-blog.

I got others also la... those 63-67K ones... if you want, I can email you lor. :P

Can pm me pls. i am also in the process of looking but people i contacted say wait after CNY can. Of coz i say can lor.

If you want all that then yep... will be very expensive. We were quoted 5K for the stairs :jawdrop: .

RB

I was quote 10K for my stairs (stainless steel + glass) :bangwall:

Btw, how's your electrical work done up? Ok?

Can PM ur electrican contact? :D