Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
EOS 450D

Upper Floor Owner Hang Out Wet Laundry Out Of Kitchen Window

Greeting Bro & Sis:

I not sure here is the correct page for me to "Release" my anger.

On 31 January 2010, I have a dispute with my directly upper floor owner. The issue is that my upper floor owner hangs their wet laundry out of their kitchen window and water dripped down on my dry clothes.

I politely inform the owner about this matter, but the owner quote said “if your clothes are dry, why can’t you(Me) keep the clothes. Why my just wash laundry can’t hang out of the kitchen window?” I still continue to tell the owner nicely that this is not a appropriate way to do it. The owner even ask daring to ask me "Which floor you live, huh". Within minutes the owner still continues to hang more wet laundry out of their kitchen window. I was very shock, very FURIOUS :curse: , very disappointed to hear and see such uncivilized owner despite our government educate Singaporean to be more graciously towards our neighbours. As i can't tolerant this kind of uncivilize manner, i went back to my own unit and immediate call in the police to "show" the owner whose the boss here 8| .

After the police officer interview the "uncivilized owner", the police came back to inform me that the owner washer machine just happen to "spoilted", and advise me to to more tolerant with my upper neighbour. I said if the owner have some common sense to knew that wet laundary shouldn't hang out of the kitchen window, why they still persistent in carry out such an uncivilized act. You (police officer) & i have better things to do then attend to such a case. I also email n call the HDB Branch office to feedback on this matter on the next following day, I SWEAR on my grave that i will see to it that such an "uncivilized owner" should be given a hash warning by the HDB Officer.................

To Those Who Had The Same Incident As ME, Let's CONDEMN THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by EOS 450D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Greeting Bro & Sis:

I not sure here is the correct page for me to "Release" my anger.

On 31 January 2010, I have a dispute with my directly upper floor owner. The issue is that my upper floor owner hangs their wet laundry out of their kitchen window and water dripped down on my dry clothes.

I politely inform the owner about this matter, but the owner quote said “if your clothes are dry, why can’t you(Me) keep the clothes. Why my just wash laundry can’t hang out of the kitchen window?” I still continue to tell the owner nicely that this is not a appropriate way to do it. The owner even ask daring to ask me "Which floor you live, huh". Within minutes the owner still continues to hang more wet laundry out of their kitchen window. I was very shock, very FURIOUS :curse: , very disappointed to hear and see such uncivilized owner despite our government educate Singaporean to be more graciously towards our neighbours. As i can't tolerant this kind of uncivilize manner, i went back to my own unit and immediate call in the police to "show" the owner whose the boss here 8| .

After the police officer interview the "uncivilized owner", the police came back to inform me that the owner washer machine just happen to "spoilted", and advise me to to more tolerant with my upper neighbour. I said if the owner have some common sense to knew that wet laundary shouldn't hang out of the kitchen window, why they still persistent in carry out such an uncivilized act. You (police officer) & i have better things to do then attend to such a case. I also email n call the HDB Branch office to feedback on this matter on the next following day, I SWEAR on my grave that i will see to it that such an "uncivilized owner" should be given a hash warning by the HDB Officer.................

To Those Who Had The Same Incident As ME, Let's CONDEMN THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yours not the worst lah,my previous neighbour upstair can make cilli paste at 7am.....the traditional way...if you know what i mean......bless the new owner......

Mind if i ask you up stair uncivilized neighbor from where? Local?

I have similar cases but i'm not so polite like u. I went up bang their doors. Simple reason, I **** on your head u want?

I live on 10th floor of a 15 storey block, there is 4 families above me, each of them is likely to hang out wet laundry. LPPL, that is life of living in an apartment. We hang our laundry in the common corridor. HDB has "advised" us not to do so, but we showed them the constantly dripping upstairs laundry and they left us alone.

Mr wong, hope i get your sex rite..... :D

true your incident more jaliat than me, but i get what you mean by traditional way..........

i will curse and bless them(your previous neighbour) with ALL my holy words....... of inculding the traditional way also.........

Thanks for your reminder chronograph.

Mine Upstair is local (Sporean), i wouldn't be so respect to the uncivilized neighbour ever again.

After all we pay so much money buying a HDB to enjoy our HOME or to have some peace after a long day of work.

NOT we pay money to buy suffering cause by uncivilized neighbours.

Curse I Will, Bless I Will, With ALL My Mighty Holy Words To The Uncivilized Neighbours.

I live on 10th floor of a 15 storey block, there is 4 families above me, each of them is likely to hang out wet laundry. LPPL, that is life of living in an apartment. We hang our laundry in the common corridor. HDB has "advised" us not to do so, but we showed them the constantly dripping upstairs laundry and they left us alone.

Hello Cleong,

what i would do is continue to hang my laundry in the common corridor, dispite begin "advise" by HDB. (Hack Care the advise!!!!!)

(On the same day of the incident i encounter, i immediate went to the hardware shop bought a pair of clothes hanger stand and place at my common corridor.) On n off keep a look out of the kitchen window to see upstair which owner hang out their wet laundry, if your above 4 families does hang out wet laundry feedback to your BRANCH HDB OFFICER. Persistent in what you have done, if an appropriate solution is not implemented by your branch hdb officer, go see your nearest MP or GRC member ask them to expediate this concern of yours. HASH wording to the branch HDB officer like eg" if this issue doesn't have a appropriate solution, the media, newpaper will help me to expediate my concern."

Lastly i hope your above families will get hash warning form your branch hdb officer. May the force be with you............

Thanks for your reminder chronograph.

Mine Upstair is local (Sporean), i wouldn't be so respect to the uncivilized neighbour ever again.

Shocked to know it is local. I had similar problem of wet laundry with Singaporean, Malaysian and Chinese. Singaporean ok peaceful exchange, Malaysian a little turbulence but in the end we understood each others. Chinese being the worst encounter, probably the Chinese I met never live in high rise pigeon hole before. Got me so mad i said "u very can, come out now" in mandarin. No offense hor, just my bad experience with this particular Chinese FT.

i think this is part and parcel of living in HDBs. If cannot hang wet clothes out to dry, then hang where? I'm not saying that I do the same thing. We spin dry our clothes and don't hang out in the sun cos UV causes colors to fade. If its just wet clothes dripping clean water still okay, no need to make such a big fuss over it, to do so will reflect badly on our own lack of graciousness. But if cigarette butts, water dripping from colorfast fabrics etc, or water from dirty mops etc i will make noise.

i think this is part and parcel of living in HDBs. If cannot hang wet clothes out to dry, then hang where? I'm not saying that I do the same thing. We spin dry our clothes and don't hang out in the sun cos UV causes colors to fade. If its just wet clothes dripping clean water still okay, no need to make such a big fuss over it, to do so will reflect badly on our own lack of graciousness. But if cigarette butts, water dripping from colorfast fabrics etc, or water from dirty mops etc i will make noise.

This is what i will do to be gracious, if no washing machine, i will hang my wet clothes in the wash room or toilet till no more water dripping then will i hang it out to sun.

This is what i will do to be gracious, if no washing machine, i will hang my wet clothes in the wash room or toilet till no more water dripping then will i hang it out to sun.

Correct me if i'm worng "Stryke", the facts is the majority including me cannot tolerant this kind of "act". Be it water dripping from colorfast fabrics etc, or water from dirty mops etc. Try to imagine that on n off your dry laundry get wet by upper neighbour, after some time later i doubt you able to said its still "ok" just clean water dripping on my dry clothes. No offernce just my personal view..........

But again i would be content to live in a same estate as "Chronograph", if i able to "choose"...........

I can sympathise with your case. The family living 3 floors above us, keeps on hanging dripping laundry. I went and requested them twice. They seem to be nice people with kids, grandma and a maid. After telling them, the lady said sorry and they didn't hang dripping clothes for 2 days and after that started again. As we have shifted just a few months back, I am in no mood to pick up a fight. So now I hang my clothes in kitchen, though it looks messy or wait till the dripping stops to hang my clothes. Even then, whenever I meet the grandma in lift or void deck, she glares at me angrily. I would actually laugh at the irony, if I was not at the receiving end of dripping water!

Edited by strata

can totally emphatise with u....used to be victim of neighbours (apparently the same one) who threw curry out of their kitchen window (prob no dustbin in the house!!!!) and also, they simply love to wash their living room windows so we have to close our living room windows all the time :S