Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
madcat

Our New Home At Pasir Ris

WA... and suddenly reno is almost completed already? hahahaha...

must been really a smooth sailing one for you. really happy for you!

hahah.. eyes a bit auto cue now to air con pipings and trunkings cause seemingly tough to hide it at my new place. all are concrete beams above my doors can you imagine!

so jus wanna ask, where is the aircon piping?

My ID plan all the blower on top of bed room doors to minimize the aircon pipe trunking. Besides Bed Room 3, the other 2 bed rooms and study room with very minimum exposing piping.

Here is the details:

Aircon condenser is located at Bed Room 2 window

day11bedroom2.jpg

Bed room 3 got a lot piping

day11bedroom3.jpg

Piping links to MBR was boxup at Bedroom passageway

day11bedroompassageway.jpg

Study Room piping was consealed into partition for glass door:

day11studyroom.jpg

the kitchen turned out alright indeed! pipings are already a thing in the past now! haha

can i ask also, if the blum drawers and runners are under your ID package or you buy seperately? what's the damage?

They are under my ID package. so I did not know their price if buying seperately.

all in all, everything is all spanky clean and neat!

Yeah.. We are quite pleased with the Reno so far. Though there are some minor touchups, I think it is normal for any reno.

In fact, both my wife and I are quite easy going person. Probably that's why~ LOL

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Kitchen questions:

Are u using glass for back panel? Any 'special' design u have to 'solve' the corner at the bottom cabinet? Where do you store your big wok, pots and pans? In the drawers under the hob?

You need to choose a centralized location to be your network hub in order to setup LAN network at home.

For my case, I choose my study room to be the network hub, where my router will be. I asked my electrician to wire up CAT 6 network cable in all 3 of my bed rooms and living area, which will link up with 4 network points in the study room. So as long as I connected all 4 network points in study room with router, I can access to internet through wired connection from 3 bed rooms and living area.

hi madcat, did your electrician advise you if u'd exceed 15m for fibre installation? As you maybe aware ON installation is only free for the 1st 15m after which is $33 for every 5m & your living room is pretty massive especially if you're gona run it along the perimeter to terminate in your study. I'm also considering terminating at my study, & i'll probably end up paying for the additional length, maybe $66 but definitely less than $99.

Kitchen questions:

Are u using glass for back panel? Any 'special' design u have to 'solve' the corner at the bottom cabinet? Where do you store your big wok, pots and pans? In the drawers under the hob?

Yes.. Glass backing for the whole kitchen. errr.. i do not know what you mean by special design.. because I am not particular about the corner area. normally I will store those items not required to access regularly. As for wok, ports and pans, there are plenty of big drawers or stroage with pull down or casement door. we choose pull-down door under the hob.

Hope it helps, matrix0405.

hi madcat, did your electrician advise you if u'd exceed 15m for fibre installation? As you maybe aware ON installation is only free for the 1st 15m after which is $33 for every 5m & your living room is pretty massive especially if you're gona run it along the perimeter to terminate in your study. I'm also considering terminating at my study, & i'll probably end up paying for the additional length, maybe $66 but definitely less than $99.

I understand what you mean. In fact, I can choose either to terminate opennet access point **** room or study room. If it terminates **** room, I just need to connect it to the LAN point **** area and then connect my router's uplink to the respective LAN socket in my study room. But if device **** room requires direct connection, I will choose to terminte it at my study room. Anyway, my study room and living room are just different side of the wall. So I don't think the actual distance will differ much btw study room and living room.

Display cabinet (finally :dribble: ):

day32studyroom1.jpg

That's a nice looking display cabinet! Think you mentioned you have toys to display - that must be a LOT of toys. :) Hee hee.

The reno is really coming along nicely. :):good: Like your use of glass at the study and kitchen. Looks like you'll be on target for your 7 Aug move. :D

That's a nice looking display cabinet! Think you mentioned you have toys to display - that must be a LOT of toys. :) Hee hee.

The reno is really coming along nicely. :):good: Like your use of glass at the study and kitchen. Looks like you'll be on target for your 7 Aug move. :D

Yeah.. got quite a lot toys hehe.. it's a headache to pack them before moving house.

so far my reno experience with my ID is quite pleasant one.. already engaged mover on 7 Aug leh :)

my kitchen will be very similiar to yours! less the blum, unfortunately, due to budget. haiz..... :rolleyes:

similar to mine? LOL I hope you are not talking about the irritating pipes that I have to boxup :bangwall:

Err. why excluding the blum system? I think it will not add a lot into the total cost, right?

it's worth the additiona cost if you can afford :deal: Especially when you got kids at home.

similar to mine? LOL I hope you are not talking about the irritating pipes that I have to boxup :bangwall:

Err. why excluding the blum system? I think it will not add a lot into the total cost, right?

it's worth the additiona cost if you can afford :deal: Especially when you got kids at home.

similiar as in the colour choice as well as layout. thankfully mine is a flat wall w no pipes problem, so tt's kinda fortunate. as my cost increased due to layout change after my fsm audit, i had to trim my budget, thus the blum has gotta go. however, i will still hv blum for my chest of draawers, and soft closing for all the rest of the carpentry works in kitchen, toilets and bedrooms. :)

similiar as in the colour choice as well as layout. thankfully mine is a flat wall w no pipes problem, so tt's kinda fortunate. as my cost increased due to layout change after my fsm audit, i had to trim my budget, thus the blum has gotta go. however, i will still hv blum for my chest of draawers, and soft closing for all the rest of the carpentry works in kitchen, toilets and bedrooms. :)

hehe.. so it's ok lah... i thought u trimed everything LOL

hey madcat...

glad to see everything's goin well... ur place is looking good... :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Thanks, sister butterfingerzz^^ yeah.. it's quite a smooth reno for me. Luckily I listened to your advice for engaging my ID :good:

but it's really tiring to pack before move house LOL My wife is complaining that my stuff (mostly toys) took too much space... so i have to move my stuff myself before D-day :bow:

hi madcat, nice reno done.. thinking of having some glass partitions for my reno as well...

Thanks mafacifa. The reason why i choose glass door and glass partitions is my dining area is between studyroom and kitchen. There is no windows nearby, so have to use glass to make the dining area brighter. In fact my wife was quite worried whether this idea is practical or not.

But the end result is quite OK imo :dancingqueen: