Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
graceakaclouds

Our First Home :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

chipee- yup pretty much similar....dun worry will definitely use soon ;)

Haha 14m wor...just abit lesser than 15m....seriously in no time everyone's hm will b filled wif the snakes :D

Yeah i tik frm ytd's short discussion wif Edmund, it shd b much better than expected ;) he's pretty responsive to lighter colours too yippee!!!

Grace: thanks for the pics .. looks like we had quite similar route ;)

I saw the length indicated 14m. wosh!! Not sure if we gonna use it in future .. haiz!

It's gonna be interesting during color & laminates selection .. hope it's not another brain-teasing moment. Dun be too stress .. okie :D

KSJL: You can decide the placement of opennet terminal. The guys will advice to install near TV point but it's really up to your preference.

Someone had it installed in the MDF cabinet which is nice & neat.

omg .. wat happen to your cabinet? cheer up .. sure they can rectify for you.

chipee- yup pretty much similar....dun worry will definitely use soon ;)

Haha 14m wor...just abit lesser than 15m....seriously in no time everyone's hm will b filled wif the snakes :D

Yeah i tik frm ytd's short discussion wif Edmund, it shd b much better than expected ;) he's pretty responsive to lighter colours too yippee!!!

Yes, mouth open and last night when I went back home ard 9pm after working late - all my 3 panel of cabinets have been taken down for rectification. Sorry for saying that the workmanship is horrible lor since I used the cabinet less than 1 month. sigh.....the below panel I see that there are slight dark patches already - I didnt do anything to it but just slight moist cloth to clean the cabinet below after cooking ....really worst than my previous home which do not run down soooooooo fast but after years of staying there...very sianz on this... :(

Ok I will wait patiently for your pics..... :) Are you doing granite or solid top for your kitchen cabinet?

I'm pretty concern on this openet thingy too as you know my reno is completed n i really wonder how they are going to run the wiring u know...I hate to see all the casing... :(

Anyway, I managed to upload my curtain pic now using HB pc...hehhehe...here it goes...simple simple day n night curtain lah - nothing fanciful lah as we are simple people...hehehhe.....but looks abit dark though as my LG hp camera not as good lah.....

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8049/p1824250310.jpg

your curtains are simple and nice. may i ask how much you paid for them?

Yes, HB also said doesnt worth but it really looks nice to us but spending $300 for a art clock, personally we feel doesnt worth it. Guess will have to look around again....

Guess I will have to call Edmund to discuss on this opennet installation - sianzzzzzzzzzzz more cost incur and really hope Edmund wont charge me too high....

Blue: U dont have to buy anymore clock since your place already got those digital clock which you bought online right?

Yea absolutely not worth the $$$$.....

I might need one more for my living.... but not on priority list since like what you mentioned, I've quite a few clocks liao..... :D

Bluewater: It's possible to conceal the trunking which someone did. His ID probably planned beforehand. The opennet guys will test the line after installation to confirm it's working fine. Still gotta sign a form. Aiyo .. if now tell Edmund to conceal for me .. think his face may turn green :jawdrop: & look at the length he'll probably :bleah: "Is it risky bor?" Ooops .. hehe, joking .. my bad.

Today is grace's turn .. let's wait for her opennet review. KSJL, if you wish to do conceal just like Siron .. pls check with Edmund if he can cater the conceal portion for the contractors to lay the line.

Actually, since you guys are having your renovation now, it's good to conceal, unless you don't mind living with it :D

Yea absolutely not worth the $$$$.....

I might need one more for my living.... but not on priority list since like what you mentioned, I've quite a few clocks liao..... :D

Actually I need pictures for my living room near to my dining table which the wall is abit plain - hence, we are thinking of getting a picture clock since we need a clock too for the living room.

I also need pictures of 40x50cm (i got the frames already) for my hallway.....any place that I can get nice pictures?

yeah chipee, as mentioned by bluewater, i also do tik tat might be a tad better to ask Edmund to cover the ugly tracks....some parts really quite ugly....

i tik for my end, the feature wall will cover the tracks along the bomb shelter....as for the side from the main door to feature wall, Edmund did say tat he will cover up too n try to make it as unsightly as possible (dun ask me hw he's going to do tat....when it's done, i'll take pics)....as for the rest of the tracks, need to see how

KSJL - there r some shops where i've seen before...it's painting cum clock...u might want to try those

yeah chipee, as mentioned by bluewater, i also do tik tat might be a tad better to ask Edmund to cover the ugly tracks....some parts really quite ugly....

i tik for my end, the feature wall will cover the tracks along the bomb shelter....as for the side from the main door to feature wall, Edmund did say tat he will cover up too n try to make it as unsightly as possible (dun ask me hw he's going to do tat....when it's done, i'll take pics)....as for the rest of the tracks, need to see how

KSJL - there r some shops where i've seen before...it's painting cum clock...u might want to try those

Grace: How come you didnt take the route on just placing the Opennet on the electrical conduit near to our main door?

Which shops are you referring to?

KSJL - hw u noe opennet allowed to place on the electrical conduit near the main door?

it's said in their website http://www.opennet.com.sg/faq/for-resident...mises/#faq00022 whereby

"OpenNet will provide surface trunking to a termination point within 15 metres from the main entrance of the premise. This first 15 metres in-house fibre wiring will be provided at OpenNet’s cost.The fibre will be terminated into a small termination box and this is suggested to be next to the current SCV points or utility closet within the unit. Home owners are encouraged to place the 1st TP close to power sources."

Presumably, if u see from the pic of the HDB flat from the website above, it shows that the opennet installation would run from the main door all the way to your 1st or nearest SCV point....in tat case, really dun see hw possible it can be to place on the electrical conduit near the main door...

not too sure which shops sell in s'pore....saw before in jb city square

Grace: How come you didnt take the route on just placing the Opennet on the electrical conduit near to our main door?

Which shops are you referring to?

zerochristy, i guess tat's the way cos of the location of my unit's nearest scv point...assuming if the scv point is much nearer to the main door, i suppose the snake can be really much reduced....cos of the way the floorplan or rather, the unit is done, tat's the only way....not sure abt urs though since ur reno alrd done liao

Grace> :o Saw the photo of your OpenNet like snake le... :(

zerochristy, i guess tat's the way cos of the location of my unit's nearest scv point...assuming if the scv point is much nearer to the main door, i suppose the snake can be really much reduced....cos of the way the floorplan or rather, the unit is done, tat's the only way....not sure abt urs though since ur reno alrd done liao

;) Fustrated over this thing for few days liao and the dates drawing near. If we do want to save $$ and do nice the only way is to run the fiber cable outside our house and go thru our wall (the wall which is next to the main door) we have a power point there.

If not the biggest damage is to run all the way to the tv area lor which is like 10m away :bangwall:

Edited by zerochristy

if u go thru ur wall, would u have to drill? if u have to drill thru, then hw to cover up? if cover up with paint, would it look patchy?

;) Fustrated over this thing for few days liao and the dates drawing near. If we do want to save $$ and do nice the only way is to run the fiber cable outside our house and go thru our wall (the wall which is next to the main door) we have a power point there.

If not the biggest damage is to run all the way to the tv area lor which is like 10m away :bangwall:

KSJL - hw u noe opennet allowed to place on the electrical conduit near the main door?

it's said in their website http://www.opennet.com.sg/faq/for-resident...mises/#faq00022 whereby

"OpenNet will provide surface trunking to a termination point within 15 metres from the main entrance of the premise. This first 15 metres in-house fibre wiring will be provided at OpenNet’s cost.The fibre will be terminated into a small termination box and this is suggested to be next to the current SCV points or utility closet within the unit. Home owners are encouraged to place the 1st TP close to power sources."

Presumably, if u see from the pic of the HDB flat from the website above, it shows that the opennet installation would run from the main door all the way to your 1st or nearest SCV point....in tat case, really dun see hw possible it can be to place on the electrical conduit near the main door...

not too sure which shops sell in s'pore....saw before in jb city square

Grace: Dont be too upset when you see how another Pinnacle owner runs their Opennet trunking - no visibility of casing/trunking outside at all once they closed the circuit cabinet. Go to below link and you can see the pic. I hope I can do something like his and there is not much of trunking running and also no mess at all. Didnt Edmund or Opennet guy suggest this route to you?

http://www.phpbbserver.com/pinnacleduxton/...=pinnacleduxton

if u go thru ur wall, would u have to drill? if u have to drill thru, then hw to cover up? if cover up with paint, would it look patchy?

Not sure if can drill or not cause it looks very thick to me le... but if can just cover with wall putty la.. We have a bucket at home.. hehehe and with trunking cover the wall putty should be ok de.

But this means that the OpenNet will be away from the tv unit and at the dinning area (no scv point).

We intend to do a feature wll next time or some deco at that area so still ok de la.

If worst have to run all the way to the tv unit which the scv unit is that one I cannot imagine the damage lor.