Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
graceakaclouds

Our First Home :)

getting really excited whenever I see fellow members' blogs here...nice pics as well as updates on the house n all....can feel the excitement...

now, we are getting our keys this Friday...already started sourcing for contacts here n there as well as contractors....we are still in the midst of checking out various contacts as well...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
getting really excited whenever I see fellow members' blogs here...nice pics as well as updates on the house n all....can feel the excitement...

now, we are getting our keys this Friday...already started sourcing for contacts here n there as well as contractors....we are still in the midst of checking out various contacts as well...

welcome welcome....nothing but welcome.... :good: ..and congratulations to your new hse....

cheers!

:yamseng:

hello...congrats on getting keys this week! :dancingqueen:

me settled 2nd appt in feb but only getting keys next week.

planned for a contractor or ID? would be ideal to start works once you get the keys.

oh yah, me also back and forth on the oven choices...Lol

currently shortlisted to brandt or ariston. dun seem to have much oven experts here in RT as compared to sgbrides. :help:

hello...congrats on getting keys this week! :dancingqueen:

me settled 2nd appt in feb but only getting keys next week.

planned for a contractor or ID? would be ideal to start works once you get the keys.

oh yah, me also back and forth on the oven choices...Lol

currently shortlisted to brandt or ariston. dun seem to have much oven experts here in RT as compared to sgbrides. :help:

oic...kewl, we getting keys ard same time....

yeah, initially we wanted to get ala carte vendors since our house is new and it's BTO....but we are still open to options...might consider contractors if they r reasonably priced...ID is way out of our budget though

hahhaaha....u too....i tik in the end, i have a few brands in mind - brandt, bosch, teka n tenkei....i tik for me other than the basic oven/cooking functions, pretty particular abt the knobs of the oven....would much prefer an oven tat's digital nw

yeah, initially we wanted to get ala carte vendors since our house is new and it's BTO....but we are still open to options...might consider contractors if they r reasonably priced...

hahhaaha....u too....i tik in the end, i have a few brands in mind - brandt, bosch, teka n tenkei....i tik for me other than the basic oven/cooking functions, pretty particular abt the knobs of the oven....would much prefer an oven tat's digital nw

ala carte vendors? then u shd contact (or shd i say consult) ossify. im sure he can help yah.

check out his t-blog if u have not.

oven with digital panel? if u keen on those, do get additional warranty and ensure that it covers the digital panel. guess u dun need one with cleaning functions?

im taking some of ur previous advise and going for a pyrolytic oven. hehe. also because the functions i want are within this types. think urs would be harder to decide since got more variety to choose from. Lol. :)

oic...kewl, we getting keys ard same time....

yeah, initially we wanted to get ala carte vendors since our house is new and it's BTO....but we are still open to options...might consider contractors if they r reasonably priced...ID is way out of our budget though

grace, wat budget do you have in mind for your oven? personally i quite like bosch... :D

gd idea ar, El Nino...i will ask ossify n see if got advices ;)

u noe ar, i managed to ask for prices for the brandt FP867 cos i really quite like it alot (just dislike the knobs - totally 'allergic' to knobs since my current oven has dropped its knob twice n i just gave up on repairing it anymore)...cheapest from Everjoint at AMK is S$1528....haiz....abit on the high side....so i'm still comtemplating...

joseeng - if no budget, without a doubt, i'll take bosch cos i pretty much like the functions....just not too sure getting an oven with function like pizza would it be of much use since i'm sure normal ovens can do pizzas too....

like my hb say, even if the oven is a Miele one n u can't bake well, wat's the point of splurging $$ on it?? but well, i guess, better functioned oven does make a difference to the food too....hahaha i'm a woman afterall ey

will put up my floorplan tonite...

this fri, we'll be meeting up with a contractor from Homely Concepts....

will update my reviews on the various contractors we are contacting and/or going to meet up soon.

u noe ar, i managed to ask for prices for the brandt FP867 cos i really quite like it alot (just dislike the knobs - totally 'allergic' to knobs since my current oven has dropped its knob twice n i just gave up on repairing it anymore)...cheapest from Everjoint at AMK is S$1528....haiz....abit on the high side....so i'm still comtemplating...

wahhh!! when u asked everjoint? i asked last friday they quoted me $1625..

mega discount quote me $1650...

which salesperson u ask from? will they go below 1.5k if we get a group buy? :unsure:

Lol...

seems like when i ask ard they advise me to avoid ariston...said made in thailand and china..no longer in italy...brandt still french product...ariston monopolised laa etc etc

i take it with a pinch of salt though since i consider them bashing a rivals product...

still like the look and functionality of ariston's openspace tho now more inclined towards brandt FP867... :unsure:

gd idea ar, El Nino...i will ask ossify n see if got advices ;)

joseeng - if no budget, without a doubt, i'll take bosch cos i pretty much like the functions....just not too sure getting an oven with function like pizza would it be of much use since i'm sure normal ovens can do pizzas too....

like my hb say, even if the oven is a Miele one n u can't bake well, wat's the point of splurging $$ on it?? but well, i guess, better functioned oven does make a difference to the food too....hahaha i'm a woman afterall ey

if no budget i would have gotten a miele oven, went to their showroom and can say their customer service is really top class, same goes to their prices... :D

guess i gotta settle for second choice, am considering getting bosch HBA78B750.

Harvey Norman Millenia Walk does have a pretty good range of ovens for display, probably you may wanna take a look over there before deciding.

wahhh!! when u asked everjoint? i asked last friday they quoted me $1625..

mega discount quote me $1650...

which salesperson u ask from? will they go below 1.5k if we get a group buy? :unsure:

Lol...

seems like when i ask ard they advise me to avoid ariston...said made in thailand and china..no longer in italy...brandt still french product...ariston monopolised laa etc etc

i take it with a pinch of salt though since i consider them bashing a rivals product...

still like the look and functionality of ariston's openspace tho now more inclined towards brandt FP867... :unsure:

eh, paiseh ar, El Nino....

i realised it was another oven....not the Brandt one....yes, it's indeed S$1625 for everjoint....sorry for wrong info :P

yup, tat's wat i heard abt ariston oven but for me, ariston's after sales service was a turn off so i guess i'll not consider it bah...

if no budget i would have gotten a miele oven, went to their showroom and can say their customer service is really top class, same goes to their prices... :D

guess i gotta settle for second choice, am considering getting bosch HBA78B750.

Harvey Norman Millenia Walk does have a pretty good range of ovens for display, probably you may wanna take a look over there before deciding.

hahahaa....dun say tat lah, joseeng....at least bosch is a german oven with decent technology....tat i give thumbs up!! :):) honestly, i tik if i dun have to tik abt budget, i will choose gaggengau (dunno if spelling is correct) without any doubts....simply wow wow hehhehee.....

must say tat i bought my oven today!!!!!!! yes, at Harvey Norman too....tot tat it was sad i missed the last day of the sales ytd....

then went to Harvey Norman at Centrepoint....looked at Bosch ovens, Brandt ovens n then Electrolux ovens....ended up, with the budget as well as the kind of functions i was looking at, i finally bought the Electrolux EOC67000X!!!!

it has 10 functions....it's pyrolytic...and it's not with knobs....very happy with it.....bought it at S$1299 instead of original price of S$3999 :):)

hahahaa....dun say tat lah, joseeng....at least bosch is a german oven with decent technology....tat i give thumbs up!! :):) honestly, i tik if i dun have to tik abt budget, i will choose gaggengau (dunno if spelling is correct) without any doubts....simply wow wow hehhehee.....

must say tat i bought my oven today!!!!!!! yes, at Harvey Norman too....tot tat it was sad i missed the last day of the sales ytd....

then went to Harvey Norman at Centrepoint....looked at Bosch ovens, Brandt ovens n then Electrolux ovens....ended up, with the budget as well as the kind of functions i was looking at, i finally bought the Electrolux EOC67000X!!!!

it has 10 functions....it's pyrolytic...and it's not with knobs....very happy with it.....bought it at S$1299 instead of original price of S$3999 :):)

wah gaggengau!!, i dun even dare to think abt it....haha

you got a gd bargain but wondering why there is such a drastic discount for your oven?