Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
graceakaclouds

Our First Home :)

hahahaa....will keep ur lighting contact in mind :)

bo bian...i'm no fan of ceiling fans either....hb die die insist....i also bo bian :( but likely might do L-box without false ceiling to allow the fan to be mounted onto with real ceiling bah

You are not going to install aircon for your unit?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hahahaa....will keep ur lighting contact in mind :)

bo bian...i'm no fan of ceiling fans either....hb die die insist....i also bo bian :( but likely might do L-box without false ceiling to allow the fan to be mounted onto with real ceiling bah

best to have ceiling fan on the actual ceiling yah.

think still can do false ceiling lor. just surround the fan area.

if u not doing cove lighting den shd not be much concerned on the distance but if you are,

try to put a distance of abt 4 to 5 feet from the tip of the ceiling fan to ur false ceiling edge yah. :)

yaloh...tat's wat some of the contractors suggest....better to mount the ceiling fan to real ceiling...

nope, we not doing cove lighting

best to have ceiling fan on the actual ceiling yah.

think still can do false ceiling lor. just surround the fan area.

if u not doing cove lighting den shd not be much concerned on the distance but if you are,

try to put a distance of abt 4 to 5 feet from the tip of the ceiling fan to ur false ceiling edge yah. :)

Hi

Anyone can assist or teach me how do I improve on the grouting of my kitchen floor tiles? After Edmund has done acid cleaning, the grouting of the tiles has become darker in colour and looks so ugly in black cement. Can I use white cement to make it nicer? Pls help!!! :(

KSJL, what is grouting? is it the 'feng' in between the tiles?

Hi

Anyone can assist or teach me how do I improve on the grouting of my kitchen floor tiles? After Edmund has done acid cleaning, the grouting of the tiles has become darker in colour and looks so ugly in black cement. Can I use white cement to make it nicer? Pls help!!! :(

i think it's called 'feng' in mandarin....

anyway, the thing turn blackish....only one way and it's to clean ur floor with those whitening cleaners like magiclean tat kind...but ar, have to let u know that even after doing or cleaning up the grouting between the tiles, after sometime of washing ur floor, the grouting will 'disappear'....

it happened for my parents' house too....both the grouting for the living room tiles as well the kitchen floor tiles 'disappear' after a while....after all the mopping of floor, washing of floor....so in the end, it's still the same....

anyway, the thing turn blackish....only one way and it's to clean ur floor with those whitening cleaners like magiclean tat kind...but ar, have to let u know that even after doing or cleaning up the grouting between the tiles, after sometime of washing ur floor, the grouting will 'disappear'....

it happened for my parents' house too....both the grouting for the living room tiles as well the kitchen floor tiles 'disappear' after a while....after all the mopping of floor, washing of floor....so in the end, it's still the same....

Yes, it is "feng" in mandarin and this is really ugly in black cement!!!!! Last night got some argument with Edmund again....sianzzzzzzzzzz

Are you going to overlay the HDB kitchen n service yard tiles?

Hello everybody :yamseng: we've more neighbours here .. wow cool. All the best to your reno yeah :notti:

KSJL: wat happened to your tiles? can post a pic for us to see? Hope it's possible to remedy.

Previously I had asked the BSC tile supervisor about our living hall tile grout -- some had staining & uneven coloring. I listed as one of the defects.

He said it's like tat & no way to make good & white. The tiles had been laid 3 yrs back .. we can't expect the grout to be as good as new.

True but still feel :bleah: hahaha ..

Hello everybody :yamseng: we've more neighbours here .. wow cool. All the best to your reno yeah :notti:

KSJL: wat happened to your tiles? can post a pic for us to see? Hope it's possible to remedy.

Previously I had asked the BSC tile supervisor about our living hall tile grout -- some had staining & uneven coloring. I listed as one of the defects.

He said it's like tat & no way to make good & white. The tiles had been laid 3 yrs back .. we can't expect the grout to be as good as new.

True but still feel :bleah: hahaha ..

HI Chipee,

I really hope that Edmund can do something to it and not escape n push back the problems to us. Initially my kitchen tiles are ok but now after the acid cleaning the grout or feng looks sooooooo ugly with black cement compared to initially HDB has given to us which is lighter tone. Now all my bedrooms parquet all got wrinkles n look sooooooooooo ugly after he has done a FOC varnishing n I told Edmund to re-do it since it is his workers fault. I really hope that it can be retify.....sigh...... :(

wah....wat happ ar? i tik i'm getting confused....did u mean u replaced ur floor tiles then got prob? or did u mean tat ur floor tiles is the colour tat u dun like?

Yes, it is "feng" in mandarin and this is really ugly in black cement!!!!! Last night got some argument with Edmund again....sianzzzzzzzzzz

wah....wat happ ar? i tik i'm getting confused....did u mean u replaced ur floor tiles then got prob? or did u mean tat ur floor tiles is the colour tat u dun like?

I didnt replace my kitchen floor tiles - it is original from HDB. However, the grout of the colour at the kitchen n service yard looks ok with lighter tone and we are fine with them. Now we have an issue with Edmund that after his workers did the washing, the grout looks ugly - black cement which is soooooooooo obvious and ugly!!!!!!!! It is totally different from what we see when we collect our key from HDB. :(

Get me now?

nope, KSJL....we not doing any overlaying or hacking of anything at all....our unit's flooring n all look fine to us....

can ask ar, Edmund did acid washing for u or chemical washing? acid washing is pretty harmful....could be the reason y for the black cement part ar?? Alamak....hw come got wrinkles for the parquet...FAINTZZZZZZZZZZZZ

hey chippee!!!! yeah!!! more P&D neighbours here....hehehe

wah, the BSC officer said tat and leave it as tat...