Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
graceakaclouds

Our First Home :)

Chipee,thanks alot for the pics! Yes, indeed it looks like a snake per my expectation and I dont wish to see such snake line at home since I have false ceiling conceal up already. I wonder how can Edmund assist me on this and I guess I need to call him up on this...sianzzzzzzzzzzzz more cost incurred! :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1883/p1053040410.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1365/p1054040410.jpg

Hi gals, look at these rubbish pictures taken yesterday at Pinnacle!!!!! These are going to create more rats in our place and I wonder is our Town council doing any job here since every month we are paying them the conservancy fee....

Hello everyone, here it is .. finally the opennet is over ;)

open1a.jpg

open1b.jpg

open2.jpg

open3.jpg

Chipee: Did you ask the Opennet if we want them to run the casing inside the false ceiling especially for those already completed renovation, how can they assist? I am wondering how can Edmund assist me on this? Cut a hole on the false ceiling for me first then when Opennet comes they put the wiring all across to my TV console and once they are done, Edmund patch up the hole n repaint the area for me? Any one any idea on this?

Waaaaaa chipee, I nearly fainted when I see the opennet railway track..... Gosh!!! :jawdrop::jawdrop: Are you going to conceal or anything? Btw, have you guys tot of concealing it like your electrical points when the trunking runs on the wall section?

KSJL: Sad to say, you may have to cut the false ceiling should you wish to conceal the trunking.... Afterwhich, plaster back and repaint.

All: As for solar film, I did mine last week with Jason for my 2 bedrooms & kitchen.... Now my house is cooler without experiencing the heat radiation in the air space.... *Phews* :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004: For those who experience sun heat like I do, you can consider this alternative :)

Waaaaaa chipee, I nearly fainted when I see the opennet railway track..... Gosh!!! :jawdrop::jawdrop: Are you going to conceal or anything? Btw, have you guys tot of concealing it like your electrical points when the trunking runs on the wall section?

KSJL: Sad to say, you may have to cut the false ceiling should you wish to conceal the trunking.... Afterwhich, plaster back and repaint.

All: As for solar film, I did mine last week with Jason for my 2 bedrooms & kitchen.... Now my house is cooler without experiencing the heat radiation in the air space.... *Phews* :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004: For those who experience sun heat like I do, you can consider this alternative :)

Bro, I also "open mouth big big" when I saw Chipee pic on this Opennet installation- this is really an eye sore and if I dont cut the false ceiling then I will see more track than Chipee...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....but I am wondering how can Edmund assist me on this....cut the false ceiling first then Opennet run the casing but how are they going to run if the hole is so small? Hmmm...cant visualise how they do it leh...my appointment is on next Monday which is giving me headache now....I guess even if Edmund assist to cut the false ceiling n conceal the trunking later, I will still see some track near to the feature wall at the TV console but this is still better than seeing all the railway track lah......

Hey, you will "kana" this Opennet thingy too as this is Singapore local wide installation but just that we Pinnacle starts earlier on this installation.....sian hor.... :(

Spoke to Jason this morning but he told me to check with HDB whether we can fix up solar film especially Pinnacle is an icon in Tanjong Pagar and we may not be allowed to do so though from outside I can see that a few of the units have done on those mirror/reflective solar film.

chipee - oic...didn't realised u not doing false ceiling....

yup, we going to have false ceiling and L-box too...also keen to see hw Edmund is going to conceal it up with the false ceiling

Grace: I'm not sure if ours will be the same. I did not do false ceiling so this is the best route catered.

If Edmund will be ard tmr for your installation, he can advise the opennet guys .. esp if u guys have false ceiling & able to conceal up.

Bluewater: the part at the bombshelter may be concealed by carpentry .. but others will be exposed.

Jus paint over & forget abt it .. LOL. It's a great relief now cos reno can proceed le. Watta *BIG SIGH*

KSJL: I wasn't there during the opennet installation, but you can check out wif Edmund.

By now, he might gotta good idea abt the routing. Hope your installation is a breeze.

Wow .. I think the clocks are nice. Modern & abstract looking :rolleyes:

Bro, I also "open mouth big big" when I saw Chipee pic on this Opennet installation- this is really an eye sore and if I dont cut the false ceiling then I will see more track than Chipee...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....but I am wondering how can Edmund assist me on this....cut the false ceiling first then Opennet run the casing but how are they going to run if the hole is so small? Hmmm...cant visualise how they do it leh...my appointment is on next Monday which is giving me headache now....I guess even if Edmund assist to cut the false ceiling n conceal the trunking later, I will still see some track near to the feature wall at the TV console but this is still better than seeing all the railway track lah......

Hey, you will "kana" this Opennet thingy too as this is Singapore local wide installation but just that we Pinnacle starts earlier on this installation.....sian hor.... :(

Think the wall can be drilled minimally to hide the trunking? Afterwhich, plaster to smoothen out the surface before painting commences. Guess Edmund should know better than I do... :P

For me, I'll tio this headache towards end of the year. Already tot of how to do it for my place though :D haha... Will ask them run trunking directly into my study room, which centralises my modem/plug/etc all inside there. :)

ALL: What do you think of these art clock? Nice? They are selling near to $300 - worth it?

If you ask me, I don't think it's worth that amount... I rather take this sum to throw into a Karlsson clock :D

Bluewater: the part at the bombshelter may be concealed by carpentry .. but others will be exposed.

Jus paint over & forget abt it .. LOL. It's a great relief now cos reno can proceed le. Watta *BIG SIGH*

KSJL: I wasn't there during the opennet installation, but you can check out wif Edmund.

By now, he might gotta good idea abt the routing. Hope your installation is a breeze.

Wow .. I think the clocks are nice. Modern & abstract looking :rolleyes:

ic chipee... think it looks better after a 2nd look..... Your carpentry @ corner will improves the situation definitely :)

Post more pics ya once there's more progress :D

Edited by bluewater

Think the wall can be drilled minimally to hide the trunking? Afterwhich, plaster to smoothen out the surface before painting commences. Guess Edmund should know better than I do... :P

For me, I'll tio this headache towards end of the year. Already tot of how to do it for my place though :D haha... Will ask them run trunking directly into my study room, which centralises my modem/plug/etc all inside there. :)

If you ask me, I don't think it's worth that amount... I rather take this sum to throw into a Karlsson clock :D

ic chipee... think it looks better after a 2nd look..... Your carpentry @ corner will improves the situation definitely :)

Post more pics ya once there's more progress :D

Yes, HB also said doesnt worth but it really looks nice to us but spending $300 for a art clock, personally we feel doesnt worth it. Guess will have to look around again....

Guess I will have to call Edmund to discuss on this opennet installation - sianzzzzzzzzzzz more cost incur and really hope Edmund wont charge me too high....

Blue: U dont have to buy anymore clock since your place already got those digital clock which you bought online right?

Bluewater: It's possible to conceal the trunking which someone did. His ID probably planned beforehand. The opennet guys will test the line after installation to confirm it's working fine. Still gotta sign a form. Aiyo .. if now tell Edmund to conceal for me .. think his face may turn green :jawdrop: & look at the length he'll probably :bleah: "Is it risky bor?" Ooops .. hehe, joking .. my bad.

Today is grace's turn .. let's wait for her opennet review. KSJL, if you wish to do conceal just like Siron .. pls check with Edmund if he can cater the conceal portion for the contractors to lay the line.

Edited by chipee

Bluewater: It's possible to conceal the trunking which someone did. His ID probably planned beforehand. The opennet guys will test the line after installation to confirm it's working fine. Still gotta sign a form. Aiyo .. if now tell Edmund to conceal for me .. think his face may turn green :jawdrop: & look at the length he'll probably :bleah: "Is it risky bor?" Ooops .. hehe, joking .. my bad.

Today is grace's turn .. let's wait for her opennet review. KSJL, if you wish to do conceal just like Siron .. pls check with Edmund if he can cater the conceal portion for the contractors to lay the line.

Why cant you get Edmund to conceal? I dont think he will turn green lah but maybe ask you for $$...hahhahhaa... ;pppppppp

Actually looking at yours and some of them on the other forum, I see that this is quite easy leh - just cut the false ceiling and Opennet pull the wiring on top of the false ceiling n pull down to the TV console - that's it! We patch back the false ceiling then do repaint - ...simple hor! But then I dont know how to DIY lah...hahahhaha... ;p