Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hqx

Need Help Regarding Fridge

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
thanks for the info :D

Did not have a good experience with Fisher and Paykel. Fridge kaput one month sort of the 3 year warranty...and every month after that. Fridge was always not cold even after repair. Big chunks of ice formed at the back of the fridge. We were advised by repair man to use hair dryer to melt the ice.... :bangwall:

Btw it was made in Thailand.

All brands are ok (one salesperson told me to trust the singapore government, if the electrical products can be sold here, then it would have passed the stringent singapore QC)

i seriously don't think the govt bothers with fridge. They may have rules on the safety of a product, but definitely not quality of a product...

:o

Avoid Hitachi products! Hitachi recently delivered a fridge to my house, only to be found with some defects.

They told us they will get back to us but never did. My poor wife called them and was reprimanded by a rude staff.

Finally the repairman came to my house, sloppy and lazy. He changed the cracked tray but say he cannot do anything about the scratches.

Sure, but we have long reported these defects to Hitachi. The useless man whom Hitachi sent not only cannot help us but is even too lazy when talking to us. He told me in his lazy voice he is from the repair department, this matter is under the sales department! WTH! i told him i want Hitachi to take back the **** fridge and send me a new one. He say he will try, ask me to wait for their call.

Bloody ****, did I not pay for the fridge???!!!

They used to be good but like many other Japanese brands, they are too complacent and never bother to improve.

They think that their products are always the best and always charge a premium price. For a person who used to have business dealings with Japanese, trust me.

In reality, they never improved, just like Toyota and Honda cars. Japanese actually don't value SEA market cos of their superiority syndrome. Look at the cheap and low level staff they hire to serve us. No avenue for feedback, probably because they don;t care about our feedback.

Serves them right that they are gradually overtaken by Korean brands like Hyundai, Samsung and LG.

Korean brands have improved tremendously and continental brands are becoming more affordable. Keep your options open and think twice about certain Japanese brands.......especially Hitachi!

Edited by AGKS

My Samsung fridge is over 4 years old. No defects so far. Occasionally, the fridge gets warm and I need to switch off and on the power supply to reset the digital inverter.

please avoid LG fridge at all cost! The worse type of after sale service if you got problem!

my fridge was only 2 years and still under warranty when I heard some noise. as I was going away for 3 weeks, I called inform the retailer about this issue and they say they'll contact LG to inform them.

when I came back after 3 weeks, I decided to call LG directly. my warranty was over by just a few days. I spoke to the service manager who strictly follow the rule without any flexibility or consideration after though I've related about my case.

all LG wants is to make $. hence, even if you're 1 day over warranty, they refuse to listen about your case. transport alone is already close to $100 excluding spare parts etc!!!

this is contrary to my experience with Samsung that even when my warranty was over by a month. the service was very kind and even offer free service without me asking. shows that they treasure their customer vs LG!

My advice will always be leaning toward Japanese Brand, despite the raise of LG and Samsung over the years.

The brands that serve us for the last decade are all Japanese brand and why are we switching it now? For fridge, it will be Hitachi for me, durable and solid.

That what we want in the end for all appliances.

Changed 1 for my parent recently, Hitachi RV560P3MS. Checked out the link for the brochure.

Only cost $910 and I do not need to worry much for the near future. Got it from my usual store, Everjoint electrical.

http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/docs/default-source/sg-docs/1203-0337-superbig2-hitachi_superbig2-brochure-(5).pdf?sfvrsn=0

looking for a 3 doors one to replace the current mitshibitshi one. Shopped at Courts but found that they are very shallow and wide . cannot put a lot of things . any recommendation ?

Shortlist to these 3 models, anyone has any experience and feedback with these ?

Hitachi R-VG690P3MS

Hitachi R-V720PMSX

Samsung RT53K6257SL