Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi Everybody

In addition to all the security suggestions, I would recommend u guys to do the same as what me and hubby did. As during the CNY period, most contractors, IDs etc are not working (they usually have a date in which they will start work again, not necessary the immediate monday after CNY). I would recommend u guys to lock up your house using the metal gate and wooden door instead of just the chain and number lock. Then the thieves cannot break into your house le lor....Be kiasu and safe mah... (even thou I don't have anything inside my flat....) :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::curse:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Jacky,

ID can't modify the chimney due to the kitchen beam therefore we change to the non chimney type :jawdrop: I'm calling up Rinnai tmr as the metal piece has many deep scratches!

Hi M&M, all colours proposed remain unchanged. :jawdrop: What about yours?

Hi doplets,

Yeah mine remained the same as well.... greenish feel... my house mostly done up liaoz... left with some glass works to be fixed after CNY. however lightings and most of the capentry work had been completed :jawdrop:

Hey 79 neighbours,

any1 noes wat types of shops we gona hav at e ground floor of 79D & 79E?

i guess we gona have a Medical Hub in e near future :jawdrop:

s of 2day, there r at least 2 TCM, 2 CLINIC & 1 DENTISTRY. :curse::P:jawdrop:

Balance shops : 1 vacant, 1 (hardware?) shop. :jawdrop:

:)

why no childcare centre? :(

Hi

I'm a blk A resident-to-be. Have submitted my loan letter.

Just wanna ask, what is cement screed? Saw this in one of the post by Liana as one of the item in her to-do list after collecting keys.

Thanks!!

Hi

I'm a blk A resident-to-be. Have submitted my loan letter.

Just wanna ask, what is cement screed? Saw this in one of the post by Liana as one of the item in her to-do list after collecting keys.

Thanks!!

Hi tris28,

If you are doing laminates flooring or parquet (spelling?) then you need to have cement screeding for your floor to make it smooth..

:jawdrop:

Hey 79 neighbours,

any1 noes wat types of shops we gona hav at e ground floor of 79D & 79E?

i guess we gona have a Medical Hub in e near future :jawdrop:

s of 2day, there r at least 2 TCM, 2 CLINIC & 1 DENTISTRY. :curse::P:jawdrop:

Balance shops : 1 vacant, 1 (hardware?) shop. :jawdrop:

:)

I am hoping for a 24hr Cheers or 7-11 actually but don't have also never mind. As long as there are no 4-D / horse racing counters, shops that display goods all over the corridor, sleazy hair saloons, noise generating shops, I am perfectly fine.

why no childcare centre? :(

Hi Redwyrm , there is one at block 84/85. =)

I am hoping for a 24hr Cheers or 7-11 actually but don't have also never mind. As long as there are no 4-D / horse racing counters, shops that display goods all over the corridor, sleazy hair saloons, noise generating shops, I am perfectly fine.

Hi Redwyrm , there is one at block 84/85. =)

...and I believe that there is a large departmental store, Ang Moh, together with some other amenities shop at block 85 behind. Its not even 5 mins walk away...very convenient already!!

Edited by gadgetman

...and I believe that there is a large departmental store, Ang Moh, together with some other amenities shop at block 85 behind. Its not even 5 mins walk away...very convenient already!!

At my block below 78A there is also a food court too. So convinence tooo..... but just too many clinics around us. Have a look at the opposite of 79, how many already there. I think we needed the some hardware, mama shop too..

why no childcare centre? :dancingqueen:

One NTUC Childcare at opposite of 79, next to NTUC. Another one in HDB HUB interchange forth floor.

One more in the SAFRA TPY. So many......

Hi Jacky777

Thanx again and again for ur advise....i requested a quote from the designer for doing the glass door and the little wall at the side (just to get it in line- dunno wat its called) ... and it will cost abt $1100...i find it very ex and dunno if cld outsource instead...would realy love a glass door to the kitchen --- so kinda confused now..if anyone got any contact which can be done at cheaper rate pls let me know...

Hi Liana79B,

You may feel better as I was quoted around $1500 for the "little wall"(tempered glass) at the side

and a glass sliding door. AGreed that glass door will look good for the kitchen. Makes the overall

room bigger~~ :dancingqueen:

Why no overhead shelterfor block 79 to the buse interchange? Block 85 behind convenient only during sunny day. but how about rainy days? :dancingqueen:

Hi tris28,

If you are doing laminates flooring or parquet (spelling?) then you need to have cement screeding for your floor to make it smooth..

:(

Hi Redwym

Oic. Thanks.

Childcare Centre

Indeed, TPY only have about 5 childcare centres in the whole estate. We went to survey all when I was putting my son into childcare centre 2 yrs back. However, it's either couldn't find one which we liked or no more places liao. In the end, put my son into a childcare centre in Tampines that is near my mum's place. Was hoping there will be more childcare centres now, but sad to say, no leh.

Yeah!! my turn to collect keys on 20 Feb! :yamseng::(

Hi Redwym

Oic. Thanks.

Childcare Centre

Indeed, TPY only have about 5 childcare centres in the whole estate. We went to survey all when I was putting my son into childcare centre 2 yrs back. However, it's either couldn't find one which we liked or no more places liao. In the end, put my son into a childcare centre in Tampines that is near my mum's place. Was hoping there will be more childcare centres now, but sad to say, no leh.

Ya. agreed. Now my first choice will be Kinderland at Safra, but will check out the childcare centre at blk85 and NTUC Childcare.

Yeah!! my turn to collect keys on 20 Feb! :yamseng::(

Ya. agreed. Now my first choice will be Kinderland at Safra, but will check out the childcare centre at blk85 and NTUC Childcare.

My son is now at Kinderland. So far its working out OK...but we were just infomred that they will be upping the fees from April 2008 onwards (and by quite a bit too)! The new fees before subsidy would be over $800 for full day, but still has to add another $150 for enrichment programmes....Wah...dunno can still take it or not. My annual increament also cannot cover the fees increase! :dunno:

Edited by gadgetman

My son is now at Kinderland. So far its working out OK...but we were just infomred that they will be upping the fees from April 2008 onwards (and by quite a bit too)! The new fees before subsidy would be over $800 for full day, but still has to add another $150 for enrichment programmes....Wah...dunno can still take it or not. My annual increament also cannot cover the fees increase! :yamseng:

Yap, heard about the fees increase too, but so far heard alot of good comments about them. Will still look around first before deciding.

Hope there will be more good news on the childcare subsidies come budget day.. :(