Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi I just joined the forum today! didnt know that there is such an active forum for 79ians already. I will be starting renovations tomorrow and will be staying at Blk 79B.

Just to ask you all something. Can i still submit the defects list on the same day as the day when my renovation commences? I totally forgot to check for defects after key collection till i read the forum today :dunno:

am worried now that they may change the defects for me. help!! :dribble:

Nice to meet you all! :lol:

Hi Wildreds,

If no substantial works had been done for the renovation, they might still rectify the defects. perhaps ask your contractor not do any work at the defect area first? IE they can do tiling or others first. Alternatively, you can ask your contractor to help u rectify the defects. All the best.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Cool!:dribble::dunno:

We just called HDB and found out that our loan's not been approved yet. Think staff on leave etc.. :wub:

I also got mine in 2005, hopefully getting keys soon. Have you got your contractor?

Hi Sci10109:

We met you this morning @ Blk 79A. I was with my hubby and son and we met at the rooftop garden entrance, then subsequently took the lift together....

Welcome to the forum and the neighbourhood! (^_^) :lol:

Want to voice my personal opinion about the food at the new FoodPark...

Ordered Fish N Chips today at the western stall today. Saw that it was a "Chef recommendation" item on the signboard. Had to wait more than 5 minutes for it and many people ordered it...so I thought must be quite good...boy was I wrong... :wub:

The fish was deep fried for so long and is so unhealthily oily that my tummy is still churning now after my meal at 7pm! :dunno::dribble::lol:

Maybe I am being unreasonable or harsh...but hey, if you want to serve food like this, I feel I have an obligation to issue a Health Warning to those who may be next in line to fall into your trap!

People, you have been warned, eat from this stall at your own risk!!

Edited by gadgetman

hi Pooh_75! Thanks for allowing us to visit your house today. I must say that your house is very nicely done up! You and your wife are very friendly and we feel very comfortable there! really bless to have lotsa good neighbors in this blk. hope we can have time to meet up again. :dunno:

Ordered Fish N Chips today at the western stall today. Saw that it was a "Chef recommendation" item on the signboard. Had to wait more than 5 minutes for it and many people ordered it...so I thought must be quite good...boy was I wrong... :P

The fish was deep fried for so long and is so unhealthly oily that my tummy is still churning now after my meal at 7pm! :lol::wub::wub:

Maybe I am being unreasonable or harsh...but hey, if you want to serve food like this, I feel I have an obligation to issue a Health Warning to those who may be next in line to fall into your trap!

hi gadgetman, i nearly wanted to have wester food for my dinner over there, cos, zanie98 has try other stalls and most of it isn't nice or up to her standard. she hasn't try the western food there, so tot of trying it.

but luckily ms_white wanted to have curry fish head for dinner, so we din end up there.

hai.....a foodcourt with no good food.....and it is not inexpensive compare to other foodcourt. sad :dribble:

Hi Wildreds,

If no substantial works had been done for the renovation, they might still rectify the defects. perhaps ask your contractor not do any work at the defect area first? IE they can do tiling or others first. Alternatively, you can ask your contractor to help u rectify the defects. All the best.

Thanks. I will try to submit the defects listing to HDB first in the morning to see what they say. Contractor already hacked down one wall and going to work on electricals this week. The defects are minor so hopefully HDB can still do it. Do we submit it to the Branch Service Centre located in Blk 79C?

Hi all,

Just want to check when you request to turn on the electricity, water and gas, usually how long will they take to turn it on?

Do I need to be at my flat when they turn it on?

Thanks in advance.

:sport-smiley-004:

Hi Neighbors,

To those who got a fsm to audit your home, can you confirm

whether our location is face south sit north? Especially for

those Blk 79B neighbors.

Will be meeting my fsm tomorrow morning to go thru his audit

findings and recommendations. Hope my WIW won't be affected

as its one of the dream item my wifey wants. :sport-smiley-004:

:notti:

hi Pooh_75! Thanks for allowing us to visit your house today. I must say that your house is very nicely done up! You and your wife are very friendly and we feel very comfortable there! really bless to have lotsa good neighbors in this blk. hope we can have time to meet up again. :sport-smiley-004:

hi gadgetman, i nearly wanted to have wester food for my dinner over there, cos, zanie98 has try other stalls and most of it isn't nice or up to her standard. she hasn't try the western food there, so tot of trying it.

but luckily ms_white wanted to have curry fish head for dinner, so we din end up there.

hai.....a foodcourt with no good food.....and it is not inexpensive compare to other foodcourt. sad :notti:

No worries shay_d. It's vice versa. It's also our blessing to be able to meet friends like your family and zanie98's.

Yup. I feel that the food served at the foodcourt is so so only. Guess it's all the packaging like stall design, menu photos that makes it look good. Frankly, I rather walk over to central to "hunt" for food. At least the prices there are more affordable :P

Edited by Pooh_75

Hi Neighbors,

To those who got a fsm to audit your home, can you confirm

whether our location is face south sit north? Especially for

those Blk 79B neighbors.

Will be meeting my fsm tomorrow morning to go thru his audit

findings and recommendations. Hope my WIW won't be affected

as its one of the dream item my wifey wants. :sport-smiley-004:

If your flat is facing Toa Payoh central, then it's south. If it's facing Toa Payoh Lor 3, then it's north. Correct me if I am wrong.

If your flat is facing Toa Payoh central, then it's south. If it's facing Toa Payoh Lor 3, then it's north. Correct me if I am wrong.

Just hear fr the fsm. I'm also confused. Apparently, they look at your main door's facing. All my window may be facing HDB hub (South) but it was a north facing according to them as my main door is facing the other direction.

Hi all,

Just want to check when you request to turn on the electricity, water and gas, usually how long will they take to turn it on?

Thanks in advance.

Think electricity and water has already been turned on when we apply. Just need to "on" the main tap of the water outside your unit with the "gadget" HDB gave you. This is more for the reno purpose.

We have not turn on the gas though as we have yet to move in.

Yeah bro, your are right. I read from books and forums that the house

facing direction is not just based solely on the location of your main door.

Many people made that mistake.

Not sure for other blks, but for blk 79B, our living room and bedroom

windows all face the same direction to HDBHub so confirm is face south

sit north. Definitely not based on the main door facing direction.

Any comments from anyone? Above is just my experience and opinion

Dun shoot me. :P

Just hear fr the fsm. I'm also confused. Apparently, they look at your main door's facing. All my window may be facing HDB hub (South) but it was a north facing according to them as my main door is facing the other direction.

Bro, there's some confusion here on the facing direction..I also can't tell which is rite and wrong.

But from my research and readings, think its not based on the main door facing.. You can clarify

again with your fsm.

I asked Mace from renotalk and he said the same thing. Mace is an active participant in the

geomancy/fengshui forum in renotalk.

Ordered Fish N Chips today at the western stall today. Saw that it was a "Chef recommendation" item on the signboard. Had to wait more than 5 minutes for it and many people ordered it...so I thought must be quite good...boy was I wrong... :(

The fish was deep fried for so long and is so unhealthily oily that my tummy is still churning now after my meal at 7pm! :good::lol::wub:

Ooh!!!!

I want to add on my comments too!:D:wub: The duck rice tastes horrible. The roast pork tastes like rubber. The bak chor mee is ok only and the amount of noodles they give is just enough for sampling (you can finish it off in 2 mouths). 8| That for $3? :D

The curry chicken noodles is nothing spectacular and the you mian from the handmade noodles stall is ok ok... :(

So.... that leaves only the mixed rice stall and the zhu chao stall.... Any comments for these? :D

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

:yamseng:

after taking your keys, just proceed to the SP services at level 2 and activate the water and electricity...for gas, you just need to call a number which they will give to you...

then, go and open your letter box...you will find some gadget thingy...go to your house, open the gas and water door, somewhere near the lower middle, you will find something which can fit the gadget...remove a screw and fit the gadget in and turn anti-clockwise...

anyway, i asked them if i never use any water or electricity, will there be any charges...they say there will be no charges but there's this 'toilet charges' which is compulsory...it's $3 for 1 toilet, so $6 for 2 toilets...is anybody aware of this??? :dunno:

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

:yamseng:

They will turn on the electricity and water for 3-4 days from the day you collected your keys without activating it. This is for testing any defects. After you activate your account, they will start to charge. Activation can be done via the internet and it takes 3-5 working days to be activated. Hope this helps :dunno:

Another thing I want to highlight is pls do check each and every of the tiles. I found quite a number of hollow tiles in my kitchen and both toilets including the floor tiles. I reported my first defect on Sat and they replaced it on the same day. That's fast of them.