Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

carelinwen,

the ***** = v.e.g.a.s ar??? err..i really dunnoe....actually, i din noe dat the ID shops we went to are 'big'...cos those small small booth de hor...like no one inside or only left one or two "black face" ones attending the booth. kinda wondering whether we came at a wrong day ie monday. mayb all those 'lihai' ones only show up during the wkends?? hehe.....tik we'accidentally' look for the 'big' ones kua...guess dat's y we feel weird weird de and hence feel dat we nid advice from u all here...hehe....thks for ur feedback. tik this mayb our wasted trip...haiz...anyway, c their quotes and share share here loo~ :jawdrop:

redcrystal,

thks..actually, tis afternoon i got try surf the website link u sent. haiz...seem like most of the ID firms got complaints loo...tink we nid to search for harder again....anyway, really thanks...:jawdrop:

yingsan,

i olso very curious abt ur ID's name leh, can pm me too? i want cheap/reasonable and good ones...thks...:jawdrop:

Hi Skywu,

I signed up with plush living during 1 of the exhibition early this year, paid a $500 deposit and asked them to remove the clause on 20% payment if I decided not to engage them.

Generally I find their design and workmanship pretty good, however they are more on the mid-high tier of ID. At the end of the day I decided to forfeit my deposit and engage another ID company because of their good workmanship and better pricing.

let me know if you need the contact. :wub:

plationic1,

pls share your ID with me...pm me pls..thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I just visited an ID opposite our flats earlier on. They told me that they are using doing up 2 5 rm flats in blk C as show flats and they are starting the renovation works this Friday. Will take them about 4wks to finish. :jawdrop: He invited me to view their workmanship when they are doing up the flat.

This ID seems quite sincere and responsible instead of another ID also from opposite our flat who completely cannot make it. Arrange a meeting and he forgotten all about it! Wasn't even around. Make me and wife waste a trip there. :jawdrop:

Yingsan and Platonic1 can share your ID with me also please? :wub:

Hi Yingsan,

Your quote looks not too bad. Oh, the existing C/W can dismantle? if can at least not too bad can change.

quite reasonable too. As long as they can meet you requirement. I think the cost looks not too bad.

terms of payment, I think not too bad also.. at least broke up into phases and easier to managed finances.

And can evaluate base on job done and after inspection.

Hi Shivan,

Mind sharing which ID cannot make it?

So that we can save some time by avoiding them.

PM me if you feel more comfortable that way. Thanks.

atgmer@hotmail.com

Hi Plantonic1,

Can share with me your ID since you say that the ID that you engage has better workmanship. I agreed that cost is a factor, but I think that workmanship is more important as these fixture will follow you very long. Thanks.

I agreed that cost is a factor, but I think that workmanship is more important as these fixture will follow you very long. Thanks.

I agree. I think it is better to pay a slight premium for quality and reliability than to go for the lowest offer.

To deviate a little, has anyone from E received the loan letter? I have not.

For your comparison.

Living room

1) Homogenous floor tiles including shelter plus skirting - S$2450

2) Construct 10ft full ht laminate feature cabinet with shoe rack for shelter - S$2180

3) Construct 7ft full ht laminate feature wall for tv - S$1260

4) Construct 6ft half ht laminate tv console include drawer and doors - S$840

5) Construct 117sqft false ceiling and 23ft L box in foyer area using fibre board material - S$480

6) Construct 72sqft false ceiling and 17ft L box in passageway leading to bedroom using fibre board material - S$350

Kitchen

1) Construct 11ft bottom, 13ft top laminate w abs trimming suspended kitchen cabinet with handles - S$2650

2) Install 11ft solid surface table top for kitchen cabinet - S$780

3) Construct base for fridge and washing machine - S$150

4) Construct base for kitchen cabinet - S$180

5) Install 1no. 10mm thick clear frameless tempered swing door entrance for kitchen - S$480

6) Install kitchen sink and tap - FOC

7) Install cooker hod and hod - FOC

Main bedroom

1) Homogenous tiles with skirting - S$1980

2) Construct 10ft full ht laminate feature wall swing door wardrobe - S$2180

3) Construct 7ft full ht false wall to level the beam using fibre board material - S$480

4) Construct 6ft ht laminate 2 sided feature wall for TV - S$2150

5) Construct 6ft half ht laminate tv console - S$840

6) Construct 9ft laminate half ht study table plus drawers and doors - S$1260

7) Hack off existing 15ft full L shape wall btw main bedroom and bedroom 2 plus plastering to smoothen the sides - S$480

8) Hack off existing main bedroom and bedroom 2 door and door frame plus plastering to smoothen the sides - FOC

9) Install 1no. nyatoh wood door frame for main bedroom new entrance - S$180

10) Install 1no. nyatoh wood sliding door for main bedroom new entrance plus lock, keys, handle, thread and box up thread - S$950

11) Construct 60sqft false ceiling in main bedroom plus 24ft L box coffer lights using fibre board material - S$350

Bedroom 3

1) Homogenous tiles plus skirting - S$880

Main bedroom toilet

1) Construct shower kerb - S$80

2) Install 1no. 10mm thick frameless tempered clear glass shower screen with swing door - S$480

3) Construct 5ft vanity top using solid surface, plus bottom suspended laminate swing door cabinet and full length mirror - S$1150

General items

1) Supply labour and material to lay protection sheet for flooring - S$150

2) Supply labour and acid wash for whole house including cleaning of windows - S$180

3) Supply labour to clear all renovation debris - S$380

4) Supply and connect copper piping from existing hdb pipe to kitchen sink and vanity top in main toilet and washing machine inlet and outlet point - S$1380

5) Supply labour to install all sanitary items - S$350

Payment:

1) 10% to be paid upon confirmation

2) 40% to be paid when received all materials (ie. tiles, sand, cement etc)

3) 40% to be paid on confirmation of all Design & Color on all woodworks

4) 10% to be paid upon hand over of project.

Total : S$27,680

I agree. I think it is better to pay a slight premium for quality and reliability than to go for the lowest offer.

To deviate a little, has anyone from E received the loan letter? I have not.

Hi Mapleleaf,

We are in the same boat. I have not received any letter from them too.

From what I see from the flats, blk E should be ready soon. I saw those units in

blk A and B are still working on. So hopefully all of us can get the keys ASAP.

hihi

Anyone heard the difference for laminate flooring between Vohringer and Kronotex? Any comments or complaints? keke..

Also anyone doing whole hse laminate flooring? Or is homogenous better for living/dining? :bleah: Cos i heard homogenous will fade color after few yrs esp nowsaday is mostly from China. so quality not good.. haiz.. then for laminate warmer feel but scare scratch la..

:D Jo

I asked the same qns over at another link. You can go there to read up on it. FYI, I think laminated flooring does not scratch easily. An ID used a pair of keys and scrated the floor and there was no scatches.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10170

hihi

Anyone heard the difference for laminate flooring between Vohringer and Kronotex? Any comments or complaints? keke..

Also anyone doing whole hse laminate flooring? Or is homogenous better for living/dining? :P Cos i heard homogenous will fade color after few yrs esp nowsaday is mostly from China. so quality not good.. haiz.. then for laminate warmer feel but scare scratch la..

:dunno: Jo

hihi

Also anyone doing whole hse laminate flooring? Or is homogenous better for living/dining? :good: Cos i heard homogenous will fade color after few yrs esp nowsaday is mostly from China. so quality not good.. haiz.. then for laminate warmer feel but scare scratch la..

:P Jo

Hi,

i will be doing whole hse laminate flooring as it's cheaper than homogenous.

check with your id where the material is coming from as there's china made, malaysia made, germany made.

don't pay for a germany made and then when installed, you get china made :dunno: .

there are several threads regarding laminated flooring in renotalk, read it to have a better understanding.

it's after reading it, that i decided to go to whole house laminated flooring.

also visit Kronotex booth during the Creative Living recently but sorry don't know the difference between the 2 brand.

Sorry I meant No.4. Cos can only see 5* so I asked is it the one I experienced.

carelinwen,

hehe...actually for no.4 hor, we were kinda being 'forced' to request for quote..hehe...mayb is monday kua so hardly got any pple there..the salesperson seem to b very keen to quote us. she kept asking us for our floorplan when we were standing outside their booth...so..we request loo~ in fact, i nearly miss their ID name in my postings earlier when i asked u all to comment. i done a fast edit in my dat earlier post...hehehe...anyway, really thks for ur feedback. we will be careful. :sport-smiley-004: