Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

hi josephine,

welcome to our neighbourhood~ :)

OO...20k for renovation, i feel dat it seem to b a very good price...hmm..tink since u not rushing to move in, tik the period for ur showflat shd be ok kua. hmm...6mths...really abit long...wonder mayb they will slowly renovate ur unit nicely?? :rolleyes: then perhaps the period for using ur unit as showflat might be consider shorter??? anyway, do they clean ur hse when they returned u ur unit??? trust dat ur unit shd b very nice cos it's considered as their portfolio to showcase their clients... :good:

Hi all. im back! wow so many pixs and updates! anyone went to the expo home deco fair? i went ytd. it will end next sunday. just a tip for those doing lamination flooring.. do specify if u wanna 8mm or 12mm. cos i heard from the direct supplier that most ID will give 8mm ones but this range will soon be extinct prob aft 5-8yrs so if we need replacement, there may be no more tiles then we need to change WHOLE flooring even if its only one tile spoilted! but of course its more costly for 12mm ones la.. then there is another kind.. engineered ones where u can feel the texture. much much nicer but also costly.. almost $3000 for just the 3 bedrooms.. there's some freebies if u sign up at the fair also.. but don rush in. cos may end up signing on impulses then later regret..

hi strawberry_pear, can u email me (josephine_limkh@hotmail.com) for the rates u gotten for the diff kitchen applications also. =) Thks.

hi josephine, you've got mail!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi everyone... been a week since I came in.... btw, some things happened b/n hdb and the haulage contractor and will like to share with you guys...

last evening, the contractor told us that for our blk 79c, the haulage and overhaul (as in provision of sand, cement and everything) is the following charges:

4 room: $900

5 room: $1100

if you apply for hdb screeding in your rooms(ie ur rooms will be laminated flooring/ parquet which is provided foc by hdb) then the charges will be as follows:

5 room: $800

4 room: (didn't ask as mine is 5 room)

having read from the forums such as Singapore brides and renotalk, I went to hdb this morning and according to the TOWN COUNCIL, HDB TRY-BISHAN BRANCH OFFICE and HDB itself (spoke to 3 senior officers should you need the names pls pm me), the prices should be as follows:

HAULAGE: $187.25

SAND: $220.50

TOTAL: $407.75

THe price that the contractor is charging us is way too much....I agree that they are also providing a service and should earn a bit but the difference is simply way too much... I'm not paying the amt of $$ till the contractor confirms with HDB again on monday... btw, this contractor I'm mentioning here is not my own renovation id/contractor.... this is the one that hdb has engaged to do for all the units in our blk.

Hi thanks for the info...

I know the haulage is pay to the Toa Payoh Town Council by our ID firm/Contractor

I couldn't get hold of any officer in charge so I din noe the price for haulage... :rolleyes:

Many thks to strawberry_pear if not we won't know that those contractors increase their price by so much

Also if anyone is doing cement screeding is actually FOC by HDB... but got to queue.

some pics of my flat undergoing reno

P1020442.jpg

P1020438.jpg

I know the haulage is pay to the Toa Payoh Town Council by our ID firm/Contractor

I couldn't get hold of any officer in charge so I din noe the price for haulage... :rolleyes:

Many thks to strawberry_pear if not we won't know that those contractors increase their price by so much

Also if anyone is doing cement screeding is actually FOC by HDB... but got to queue.

hihi bonkitty.. u're welcome but the haulage fee is to pay through our id to the hdb contractor one not to our id.... if you want to know the name of the contractor in charge of our blk , pls pm me... actually his name is also on all our lifts already...hope that we'll all be able to solve the problem and we all save some $$.

so exciting to see the first reno going on.... :)

i've also start hunting for IDs...and just realized a friend who is in this line had opened her own ID firm...we just briefly talked and she asked for my floorplan and suggested some ideas which i feel is fresh and ok...she said she will get back to me after working on my floorplan and will do something within my budget...so let's see what she offer than say...she also suggested things to help me save costs etc...

but i will still go compare with other IDs....

so busy~~~ :good:

Dear all,

Here's my quotation for your comments, pls. My flat is a 90sq metre 4 room flat at 79D :yamseng: I asked for the package cos I think its cheaper and I need the stuff stated in the package (items 1-33. The standard package is abt $14K). Cancelled a few items from the package which I dont need and some things which my ID quoted (i.e. air con-- my ID said can get cheaper outside, decorative tiles in passageway, decorative dividers). In addition to the items quoted, I'm also thinking of asking my ID to build a platform so that I can put my mattress on top, a bedhead with alcove lights and a bay window with storage below. Haven asked him to quote yet though but looks like everything will add up to about 30K.

Any advice and comments on my quotation is appreciated!! I will likely be signing up with the ID soon. :dunno:

1 Professional Service FOC

1.        Design and consultation

2.        Furniture Layout

3.        Color and material proposal

4.        Application of permit from HDB.

Masonry work

2 Supply and lay homogenous floor tiles c/w skirting for living hall. -

3 Supply and lay homogenous floor tiles c/w skirting for dining. -

4 Supply and lay homogenous floor tiles c/w skirting for bomb shelter. -

5 Supply and lay laminated flooring c/w skirting for master bedroom -

6 Supply and lay laminated flooring c/w skirting for bedroom 2. -

7 Supply and lay laminated flooring c/w skirting for bedroom 3. -

8 Supply and construct base for the fridge c/w tiles finishing. -

9 Supply and construct base for the washing machine c/w tiles finishing. -

10 Supply and construct base for the cabinet c/w tiles finishing and top cement screed.-

11 Supply and construct shower kerb for 2 nos. of bathrooms. -

12 Supply and construct kerb for main entrance. -

Electrical work

13 Supply labor to install ceiling lights and door bell for existing point. -

Carpentry work -

14 Design and fabricate 18ft kitchen cabinet with laminate finishing and ABS trimming swing doors

15 Supply and install 1 set solid post-form tabletop. -250.00

16 Supply and install 1 set of dish tray. -

17 Supply and install 1pc stainless steel sheet at stove wall area. -

18 Design and fabricate 14ft walk-in wardrobe with laminate finishing and ABS trimming for bedroom 2. -

19 Design and fabricate 1ft wardrobe with laminate finishing and ABS trimming swing door for bedroom 3. -175.00

20 Supply and install designer handles. -

Plumbing work

21 Supply labor to install direct inlet piping to kitchen sink. -

22 Supply labor to install direct outlet piping for washing machine. -

23 Supply labor to install water inlet/outlet for kitchen sink, tap and drainage system -

24 Supply labor to install 2 nos. bathroom accessories. -

25 Supply labor to install 2 nos. water heaters. -

Air-con installation -

26 Supply and install 3 in 1 split unit air-con for bedrooms. -1,499.00

Ceiling work

27 Supply and construct false ceiling for living and dining. -

28 Supply and construct false ceiling for foyer. -

29 Supply and construct false ceiling for passageway leading to bedrooms. -

Miscellaneous work -

30 Supply and painting for whole house using ICI paint. -

31 Supply and chemical wash for whole house upon completion. -

32 Supply and lay cardboard protection on flooring. -

33 Supply labor to clear debris after renovation. -

Additional items

Kitchen

34 Supply and overlay homogenous floor tiles for kitchen. ($980.00)

35 Supply and lay water proofing membrane. ($120.00)

36 Design and fabricate 2ft x full height kitchen cabinet c/w laminate finishing and ABS

trimming ($600.00)

37 Design and fabricate additional 7ft kitchen cabinet with laminate finishing and ABS

trimming($700.00)

38 Supply and install 15ft solid surface tabletop. ($900.00)

39 Supply and install 1pc stainless steel sheet at stove wall. (approx. L10ft x H2ft ) ($450.00)

Living/Dining

40 Design and fabricate L4ft TV console. ($400.00)

41 Design and fabricate L10ft x H4ft feature wall for living hall. ($800.00)

42 Supply and install 10 nos. new lighting points for the false ceiling with light holders ****/dining ($300.00)

43 Supply labor to install 10 nos. ceiling lights for the false ceiling with light holders ****/dining. ($100.00)

44 Design and fabricate decorative dividers for dining area.($600.00)

Foyer

45 Design and fabricate L11ft x full height feature wall c/w shoe cabinets and black mirrors finishing. ($2,190.00)

46 Design and fabricate L3ft x full height feature wall c/w swing door and laminate finishing.($600.00)

47 Supply and install 1 no. new lighting point for the false ceiling at foyer. ($30.00)

48 Supply labor to install 1 no. ceiling light for the false ceiling at foyer. ($10.00)

Passageway

49 Supply and install 1 no. new lighting point for the false ceiling at passageway. ($30.00)

50 Supply labor to install 1 nos. ceiling light for the false ceiling at passageway. ($10.00)

51 Supply and lay decorative design floor tiles for passageway. ($200.00)

Master bedroom

52 To apply Professional Engineering chop for hacking away the wall ($500.00)

53 Supply labor to hack away existing wall for master bedroom. ($200.00)

54 Supply labor to touch up affected hacking area. ($180.00)

55 Supply and construct false ceiling with light holders for master bedroom. ($180.00)

56 Supply and install 4 nos. new lighting point for the false ceiling for master bedroom. ($120.00)

57 Supply labor to install 4 nos. ceiling light for the false ceiling for master bedroom. ($40.00)

58 Supply and construct partition wall for master bedroom.($380.00)

Bedroom 2

59 Supply and construct raised platform c/w 2 storage drawers for bedroom 2. (approx. L9ft x H6.5ft) with laminate finish ($1,290.00)

60 Supply and install 1 no. new lighting point for bedroom 2. ($30.00)

61 Supply labor to install 1 no. ceiling light for bedroom 2.($10.00)

Master toilet -

62 Supply and lay water proofing membrane.($80.00)

63 Supply and overlay non-slip floor tiles. (300mmx300mm) ($480.00)

64 Supply and overlay wall tiles.(300mmx300mm) ($1,300.00)

65 Supply and install 10mm clear tempered glass shower screen c/w 1 pc swing door. ($450.00)

66 Supply and install 5ft granite vanity top.

Design and fabricate 5ft suspended cabinet for vanity top.

Supply and install 1 set mirror. ($1,250.00)

Plumbing work -

67 Supply labor to change whole unit existing pipes to stainless steel pipes. ($600.00)

68 Supply and install 3 in 1 split unit air-con for bedrooms. (Mitsubishi)(Non- Inverter) ($2,099.00)

Total (after bargaining): $28,000

Hi Blk 79D neighbours

I have received my loan application letter. I hope to submit by tomorrow to get my keys asap.

:dunno:

Plumbing work -

67 Supply labor to change whole unit existing pipes to stainless steel pipes. ($600.00)

Hi Ikoice,

Thanks for sharing yr quote.

Regarding your item 67, I have been wondering about those pipes that have already been concealed by HDB, are you allowed to hack those and replace them? I have not gotten my keys yet so I just want to find out this $600 quoted is for replacement of how much length of SS pipes? Cos from the photos shared here, not much pipes are exposed. Does it mean that the concealed pipes HDB supplied are not SS and you will be hacking the walls to replace them? !!

Sorry for the barrage of Qs... :notti:

As for the rest of the items, make sure that the tiles/laminate flooring/solid surface/laminate for cupboards and wardrobes brand or any price limits are stated clearly so that when you are choosing these, you will not get any hidden cost due to ID telling you you have to top up because your package only provide the cheapest one that you do not like. Also the paint grades and colour choices etc...

Edited by carelinwen

I couldn't get hold of any officer in charge so I din noe the price for haulage... :D

Hi all,

there is a forum that talks about haulage fees. Pls see attached links http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8464

Hi Ikoice,

I was told by one of IDs who had quoted us that hacking the walls of our mbr will require a permit and the presence of a professional engineer. The permit that HDB gives come with a fee. I am not sure how true this is. Checked HDB website but they never mentioned anything about the permit fees for hacking of reinforced walls. Noted that the PE costs had been included in your quotation. Not sure if the permit costs will be included as well.

Can't really comment on the rest of your items as I am still feeling my way around. All the best :D

I talked to 2 different ID about hacking of wall and they said there is a possibility PE fee is required. It's between $300 - $500. Actually the engineer just come look see and sign off.

But if the wall hack does not affect the structure, PE fee might not be needed. Let HDB decide for you. So keep PE fee out of the quote, if needed, then you pay.

Hi Ikoice,

I was told by one of IDs who had quoted us that hacking the walls of our mbr will require a permit and the presence of a professional engineer. The permit that HDB gives come with a fee. I am not sure how true this is. Checked HDB website but they never mentioned anything about the permit fees for hacking of reinforced walls. Noted that the PE costs had been included in your quotation. Not sure if the permit costs will be included as well.

Can't really comment on the rest of your items as I am still feeling my way around. All the best !!

anyone heard of the suicidal case yesterday at one of the block!!! 8|

I heard from my mother, a man commited himself in a unit in 79C, level 33. How can he do that! Don't how the owner will feel if his new unit has somebody die inside.

:dunno::notti::wub::P:D:P:jawdrop::jawdrop:

I heard from my mother, a man commited himself in a unit in 79C, level 33. How can he do that! Don't how the owner will feel if his new unit has somebody die inside.

:notti::good::help:8|:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::dunno:

When did this happen?

Actually, what is the point of posting this here? If it is just info, why must emphasise the word big big?

Hmmm...just wondering if this enci_ is the enci of the tooth relic thread.

Edited by carelinwen