Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

hi all

I have received my letter with regards to key collection.

any things to take note ?

I haven't look for an ID or contractor.

any good recommendations from you guys?

I wish I can make it for the BIG gathering but can't due to work commitment.

Enjoy yourselves : )

hihi tension z,

i m fm blk D too, which level are u at?? i m so anxious but hear nothing fm hdb yet!:lol: :lol:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Alamak! I am not in Singapore in the next 2 weeks.

And no loan letter yet, chrispy.

Btw, I am still collecting pictures and any information on Blk 79. Pls pass them to me if you have any to share.

I can't join you guys for the 1st gathering also...

Remember to bring camera and take photos for the Blk 79 record!

Anyway, i've collected keys (blk 79C) on 26th Sept (after postponing) and HDB has rectified the defects already. Just that the screeding is not completed yet.

Hey... plus me n chrispy too... but seems like most of the food are taken up... dun know what to bring leh... :dancingqueen:

1. zanie and husband

2. tweakmax and gf

3. josephine and husband

4. strawberry_pear and husband

5. Shivan and wifey

6. redcrystal

7. Alister & wife (with 17 mth old kid & maid) - bringing beehoon

8. Ebing n Chrispy (what u ppl wan to eat?? most food taken up liao leh...) :notti:

Edited by ebing

Hey.....suprised to see so many people joining the first gathering......too bad I cannot make it this Sat.....anyway do enjoy yourselves....and hopefully there will be a 2nd gathering in the near future.....

Correct me if I'm wrong. I thot it's on Sun 14th Oct 2pm @ carpark roof garden ?

Hey.....suprised to see so many people joining the first gathering......too bad I cannot make it this Sat.....anyway do enjoy yourselves....and hopefully there will be a 2nd gathering in the near future.....

Hi Hi.... count me & my hubby in too... we are from BlkD :dancingqueen:

we can bring Pohpiah...

1. zanie and husband

2. tweakmax and gf

3. josephine and husband

5. Shivan and wifey

6. redcrystal

8. Ebing n Chrispy (what u ppl wan to eat?? most food taken up liao leh...) :notti:

9. Snuffleupagus & Hubby

Hi for those from Blk D,

I submitted my loan application on 30 Aug.

I am from the 31st floor.

Will collecting keys on 17 Oct but I postpone to 25 Oct due to work commitment again.

Quite excited but worry about the renovation cost at the same time.

= )

Correct me if I'm wrong. I thot it's on Sun 14th Oct 2pm @ carpark roof garden ?

Hi Alister

Yep Yep. It's Sunday 14 Oct at 2pm at MSCP Roof Garden.

Darry:

Can you make it on Sunday? If yes, pls add your name to the list. (^_^)

Hi for those from Blk D,

I submitted my loan application on 30 Aug.

I am from the 31st floor.

Will collecting keys on 17 Oct but I postpone to 25 Oct due to work commitment again.

Quite excited but worry about the renovation cost at the same time.

= )

Tension_Z,

I submitted mine ard 10Sept... I'm on the 37th Floor... ah that means I should be getting my letter pretty soon too... yippie...:bangwall::)

Hi, I just joined the forum. Never knew that we have such an united group at Blk79!

I must be one of the first few to collect the keys at Blk79C, we got it on 30 Aug 2007! Mine is a 5-room unit. For those who have not seen the actual place yet. Please brace yourselves for a huge dissapointment - the bedrooms and kitchen will be UNBELIEVABLY SMALL!! The MBR is in fact so small that we have no choice but to hack off part of the wall and eat into bedroom 2 to make space for a built-in wardrobe!!

For those who have the same intentions, please note that HDB is now very strict on wall hacking. Before the permit can be granted, they will require a Professional Engineer to certify and supervise the hacking process. Please be prepared to set aside $500 for this additional expense. I can also confirm that Haulage will be $800 for a 5 room flat. The cement screeding will be done free by HDB, but the owner must go down to the TP branch office to apply personally for this. You will have to allow 2 weeks for this as well (although mine was done very fast). For those who are intending to have an open kitchen concept and is looking to hack off the small kitchen wall please also be advised! That particular wall has embedded water pipes and electrical fittings. It will not be a straight forward process to just hack it off and this may result in additional costs. In fact we have to give up our plan for an open-kitchen because of this.

Anyway, it's nice to know that people are getting together to share things about about our new home. I may not be able to join at the Saturday meeting, but I sure look forward to seeing the gang some other time!

Cheers!

Hi Hi.... count me & my hubby in too... we are from BlkD :drunk:

we can bring Pohpiah...

1. zanie and husband

2. tweakmax and gf

3. josephine and husband

5. Shivan and wifey

6. redcrystal

8. Ebing n Chrispy (what u ppl wan to eat?? most food taken up liao leh...) :rofl:

9. Snuffleupagus & Hubby

10. dino & hubby er...... wat else to bring apart from ourselve ???how abt jelly .. heh hw? (blk D owner, hope to meet up w u guys le..)

I should be getting my keys soon too cos loan approved!

Can't make it this Sun too. Another outing perhaps. : )

hi droplet,

which blk are u fm?? i m nt getting any loan n i 've jus call up HDB to enquire on my key collection status... sigh..... still in due course n they said they need to chk w anotherf dept even if not loan is taken.... So leceh...:good:!:unsure::good: well will u be join'g the little reno gathering this sunday heh???

Hi guys if wx is bad where shall we meet?? is there any shelter area...?? anyone know of any sheltered corner in case of wet wx then we don hv to change the venue ???

Edited by dino

Hi all! Nice to see our thread exploding!

gadgetman,

ya the bedrooms are small compared to older flats. I am not prepared to sacrifice a room to make master room big enough for WIW and due to layout, there are no other walls to hack. So in a way..HDB 'forced' me to save money lor. So you are doing laminated flooring..what brand?

zanie98,

Me and hubby cannot confirm..may pop by if have time. You people are serious leh...so much food??? :) We singaporeans: once gather, sure to have makan. :P

hihi 79ers!:P

after reading some of the thread here... think some of us mix up is a SUNDAY meeting at 2pm at the garden carpark. NOT saturday...

hi droplet,

which blk are u fm?? i m nt getting any loan n i 've jus call up HDB to enquire on my key collection status... sigh..... still in due course n they said they need to chk w anotherf dept even if not loan is taken.... So leceh...:)!:):P well will u be join'g the little reno gathering this sunday heh???

Hi guys if wx is bad where shall we meet?? is there any shelter area...?? anyone know of any sheltered corner in case of wet wx then we don hv to change the venue ???

Hi dino, i'm from blk D. Submitted my loan early sep. Went to HDB on 1 Oct to check on my loan status and apparently they mentioned that they still need me to submit my sep payslip and I submitted on the same day. Officer emailed me yesterday that my loan has been approved on 1 Oct and fixed appt for key collection shortly. I'm not able to join this sun probably another outing. The carpark garden has no shelter wouldn't it be warmed??? :)