Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi dino, i'm from blk D. Submitted my loan early sep. Went to HDB on 1 Oct to check on my loan status and apparently they mentioned that they still need me to submit my sep payslip and I submitted on the same day. Officer emailed me yesterday that my loan has been approved on 1 Oct and fixed appt for key collection shortly. I'm not able to join this sun probably another outing. The carpark garden has no shelter wouldn't it be warmed??? :dancingqueen:

Hi droplets, when will you be collecting your keys? Although my loan has been approved (I called the officer to check), she didnt set any key collection date for me :furious: she just said they hope to give me my keys by end Oct, early Nov.

Hi droplets, when will you be collecting your keys? Although my loan has been approved (I called the officer to check), she didnt set any key collection date for me :) she just said they hope to give me my keys by end Oct, early Nov.

Hi, your loan approved already? How did you find out?

Edited by rainbow04

Hi rainbow, you have to either proceed to HDB or call the officer in charge.

Hi Ikoice, hopefull able to collect my keys end Oct. :)

Hi rainbow04, you can log into the myHDB page on the HDB website to check the number of the officer handling your hseing application. My officer was Gladys so I called her to check. She will ask u for IC number and will do a check. She told me my loan has been approved and that we wld be getting our keys end Oct/early Nov :)

I stay on the 4th floor...so low hoh...

hi guys, i think if really wet weather, then i think no choice... but i'll be able to offer my corridor for us to sit around and if you guys dun mind, think can bring newspaper and seat on the floor?? my place got only 5 stools... then i bring my table for us to put food on....just a suggestion... :)

gadgetman,

ya the bedrooms are small compared to older flats. I am not prepared to sacrifice a room to make master room big enough for WIW and due to layout, there are no other walls to hack. So in a way..HDB 'forced' me to save money lor. So you are doing laminated flooring..what brand?

You are sure right about HDB forcing us to save money. I just got a dissapointing piece of news from my ID today...After weeks of waiting to apply with HDB to hack off the bedroom wall, we are now faced with a fresh new obstacle. First, HDB says that they do not object in principle to the hacking but must engage a PE...then after spending $500 on the PE, they now say that yes, can hack, but must hack the WHOLE wall. This will certainly include the door frames and must hack the wall all the way to the edges! You can work out how much this is going to add to my renovation cost - not counting that my aircon pipings are already done and these will have to be destroyed again! It is very dissapointing, but in the end, we have decided to shelf the whole idea of hacking the wall and just by a ready-made wardrobe. People be warned! I am already the guinea pig, not many IDs or contractor may know about this. if you are intending to hack the wall, please check carefully with your ID and HDB first!

Hi Gadget Man

Which floor are you staying in? (^_^)

I want my keysssss!:)!! :)

My missus actually wants us to remain anonymous, but seriously I don't see how that happen in a forum like this! Let's just say that I am staying above the 30th floor! :P

gadgetman,

ya the bedrooms are small compared to older flats. I am not prepared to sacrifice a room to make master room big enough for WIW and due to layout, there are no other walls to hack. So in a way..HDB 'forced' me to save money lor. So you are doing laminated flooring..what brand?

BTW, can I ask about your wardrobe solution to the tiny MBR? Really need some good ideas now....Thanks!

Hi gad man,

Thanks for the info. I am also going to do a wiw (hack off wall between MBR and bedroom 2 to eat in space from bed room 2)

is the $500 PE complusory?

I am getting a quote soon,will update on the cost of this part.

Watch Ch 8 now. They are talking about renovation materials.

I've jus manage to catch the last part of it ... sigh!! r u the alister who 's gonna join the gathering er married w kiz n maid or r u the one w a gf n can't make it for the reno....! well jus wanna clarify dis alister staying in D n above level 30...?

I am the one with wife & kiz olso from blk D above level 39 :) . Gadget Man is the one with gf, living above level 30 who can't make.

I've jus manage to catch the last part of it ... sigh!! r u the alister who 's gonna join the gathering er married w kiz n maid or r u the one w a gf n can't make it for the reno....! well jus wanna clarify dis alister staying in D n above level 30...?

I am the one with wife & kiz olso from blk D above level 39 :lol: . Gadget Man is the one with gf, living above level 30 who can't make.

oh my god!:) yr view shd b fantastic.... N it's really on TOP OF THE WORLD... hv u been inform of when to collect yr key?? cfm ID already....? me still having a headache w ID or contractor.. :jawdrop:

Yes, no issue of wet clothes dripping from above but will have problem of birds dropping from above :lol:

I still chasing HDB for keys. As for ID, decided who to choose but need him to amend some items and pricing before signing with him.

oh my god!:) yr view shd b fantastic.... N it's really on TOP OF THE WORLD... hv u been inform of when to collect yr key?? cfm ID already....? me still having a headache w ID or contractor.. :jawdrop:

Visited Blk D last nite around 9pm. Warm nite and wanted to see whether it will be windy up there. A bit of breeze at 20th floor; 40th floor is very windy (means no need for aircon for me!).

Also, we noticed a bunch of 'ah beng kia' hanging around Blk C-D void deck; they were at the 12th floor garden from Blk D but could not access the garden as it was all boarded up. I suggest you all keep a lookout for young punks hanging around the blks during the nite , as it can be a ghost town for now and no idea what these kiddos are up to (vandalizing, :good: whatever). Some workers spotted working on Blk B entrance scaffolding though. Anyway, don't want events that happen at Tanglin Halt flats to happen here too!

I wonder if the HDB rubbish chute is in 'operation'? At moment there is only one family; dun think the rubbish truck would come as yet? Otherwise, do remember not to dispose leftovers from the gathering into the chutes. Who knows when the chute vehicle would come! :good:

Hi Alister

FYI, we saw 4-legged zikzaks crawling around at 40th storey; watch out for their droppings too!