Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Here's my quote.

Supply & lay homogenous tiles 600 x 600 (3.70psf) - living & passage & bomb shelter

Supply & lay laminating floor (supreme) - 3 bedrm

Kitchen cabinet top & bottom w granite top w ABS

Base for cabinet, fridge, washing machine

Piping for sink & washing machine

1 x mbr toilet cabinet w granite top & sink, full mirror

10mm tempered frameless shower screen w kerb for 2 toilet

Window grille for whole house

Install all accessories & lights

Acid wash

haulage service

Painting (include pipe & door frames)

Total $13,600 include GST

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i think i'll just use PUB's bah..checked with my aunt and friend..both say PUB is better. Trouble-free.

I called Citygas and was very tempted to go for the free gas heater (since the piping all done already). But was advised by ID that the gas heater's capacity is too small to cater to high volume usage. therefore, if we use hot water from more than one outlet at once, the water may not be hot enough. So, sticking to instant electric heaters - back to square one. By the way, Citygas said that the unit is not very big, the profile is just larger than a A4 size paper...

gadgetman..u make me wanna cry out loud!:good:8|

ok..my 3 bedrooms will be laminated..so i'll enjoy those free frm HDB right? so the rest of my hse will be overlayed with tiles..therefore it's not really a choice to pay or not UNLESS i don't touch my toilet etc.. but toilet is my priority........ :bleah: *sigh*

next, haulage depends on how major the reno work is going to be to determine on the pricing is it? since it's pymt to a 3rd party, will there be any possible refund if there's excess? *sigh*

hacking, we only intend to hack partial of my mbr's wall as an access way to the 2nd bedrm, which will be the study rm, then build a glass door...cannot hack partial ah? mine is blk D though..layout same as yours? *sigh*

yup, we'll be going balestier tonight..it's also where i'm staying..hahaha! :dancingqueen:

the part on the gas heater, u mean that metal thing that's sticking out of the kitchen wall? :notti: if it is, oh... if it's not, then i dun understand. LOL!:good: apart frm ugly looking, is it actually better to use PUB Gas? as mentioned in my earlier post, some ppl say it's like a "subscription fee" to pay even if u dun use much. yet some say it's cheaper, convenient and safer. :bleah:

Hi Ms White,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but at least you now have early warning. I am the real guinea pig here...

I almost had the same idea to hack the same area, but my intention was to relocate the door of MBR there so that the study becomes part of the MBR. The entrance of the MBR can then be used for the wardrobe too, this would have freed up a lot of space, but in the end my wife insisted that all three rooms must remain separate - so that idea was shelved too.

You will have to see what the PE and HDB say, but if it is like my situation, they may not allow you to just hack a hole in the middle of the wall for the door. i think they are afraid that if you disturb the reinforcements inside , some day the top of the door may come crashing down. this is probably why they will need you to remove the whole wall and then rebuild it from scratch again. but on the bright side, at least your idea will not affect the door frames of the MBR and BR2 - that is another big headache altogether.

Good luck to your appointment tonite!

Hi Ms White,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but at least you now have early warning. I am the real guinea pig here...

I almost had the same idea to hack the same area, but my intention was to relocate the door of MBR there so that the study becomes part of the MBR. The entrance of the MBR can then be used for the wardrobe too, this would have freed up a lot of space, but in the end my wife insisted that all three rooms must remain separate - so that idea was shelved too.

You will have to see what the PE and HDB say, but if it is like my situation, they may not allow you to just hack a hole in the middle of the wall for the door. i think they are afraid that if you disturb the reinforcements inside , some day the top of the door may come crashing down. this is probably why they will need you to remove the whole wall and then rebuild it from scratch again. but on the bright side, at least your idea will not affect the door frames of the MBR and BR2 - that is another big headache altogether.

Good luck to your appointment tonite!

I've met my ID last night and have selected some tiles, as well as brought bk the samples, for the entire hs.

Hmm..my ID was very quick to react on the hacking of walls issue. He brought up the matter shortly after we entered his car! :bath: We'll just have to pray that ours will not be such a major problem, otherwise my FH and I will really have to think of alternate ways cos the MBR's size is definitely not to our satisfactory... Worse come to worse, we'll have to proceed with hacking the entire wall... Stupid HDB!:notti: :notti:

We brought up other issues like the charges for Mortar Cement Screed and haulage, and as what you've explained, haulage's paid to a 3rd party and if there's excess, we'll be refunded..same goes for other items quoted. :)

Oh ya! I remembered my ID saying a customer informed him that his customer (me) will be asking abt the hacking of wall cos it was discussed online...who huh who huh? :deal:

My FH and I are going down to Blk C & D later...anyone going too? If yes, hope to "xiang ren" there.. Hahaha!! Probably pop by strawberry_pear's unit to kaypoh kaypoh :notti:

Edited by ms_white

Oh ya! I remembered my ID saying a customer informed him that his customer (me) will be asking abt the hacking of wall cos it was discussed online...who huh who huh? :notti:

Who else...? :notti:

hi all 79ers,

reminder... we're meeting tmr at the mscp garden at 2pm...=) see ya!:fire: we can discuss more tmr... :fire:

Hi Neighbours,

Sorry I won't be able to join in the gathering tmr as me and bf going to meet our BS for gowns selection tmr. Really excited!:fire::dunno:

Hope u all enjoy yourselves and maybe can share in this forum what you all discover :bangwall::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Oh yeah... before I forget! Today I was there at Blk C and spoke to one of the contractors. He said the owner of the house (whom he is doing it up) has requested not to have the bedroom doors from HDB. He also said HDB will deduct like $200 bucks for each door he didn't want. But this had to be done before he collect his keys. Aiya.... If i know, I will only take 2 bedroom doors (instead of 3) as I will be hacking one wall down and replace with glass wall and door.

So for those who haven't collect their keys yet, maybe can clarify with HDB on this. Hope this helps to reduce your cost if your reno will involve removing one or more doors.

I confirm I didn't take up the 3 bedroom doors and 2 bathroom doors and were refunded $1,900. In fact, I am glad as now I can choose vineer doors with alum strips for bedrooms and bi-fold doors for bathrooms and it's still cheaper than the refunded money.

Hi Neighbours,

Sorry I won't be able to join in the gathering tmr as me and bf going to meet our BS for gowns selection tmr. Really excited!:fire::dunno:

Hope u all enjoy yourselves and maybe can share in this forum what you all discover :bangwall::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Oh yeah... before I forget! Today I was there at Blk C and spoke to one of the contractors. He said the owner of the house (whom he is doing it up) has requested not to have the bedroom doors from HDB. He also said HDB will deduct like $200 bucks for each door he didn't want. But this had to be done before he collect his keys. Aiya.... If i know, I will only take 2 bedroom doors (instead of 3) as I will be hacking one wall down and replace with glass wall and door.

So for those who haven't collect their keys yet, maybe can clarify with HDB on this. Hope this helps to reduce your cost if your reno will involve removing one or more doors.

I confirm I didn't take up the 3 bedroom doors and 2 bathroom doors and were refunded $1,900. In fact, I am glad as now I can choose vineer doors with alum strips for bedrooms and bi-fold doors for bathrooms and it's still cheaper than the refunded money.

Hi Alister,

So good! We didn't know and now we are removing 1 bedroom door and 2 bathroom doors. The bathroom door edge cuts my foot and i had to take it away, coz who knows if next time my guest or kid will suffer the same injury.

Do u know if i can ask HDB to refund me since i haven't start my reno yet, but have collected my keys liao.

I doubt it but no harm asking.

Hi Alister,

So good! We didn't know and now we are removing 1 bedroom door and 2 bathroom doors. The bathroom door edge cuts my foot and i had to take it away, coz who knows if next time my guest or kid will suffer the same injury.

Do u know if i can ask HDB to refund me since i haven't start my reno yet, but have collected my keys liao.

Hi Neighbours,

My wife and me will not be joining as well. We are viewing the showflats of one of our shortlisted designers. Pls enjoy yourself and if possible take some photographs and post it onto this forum :thumbs up:

Hi Alister,

How to apply if I don't wan the toilet doors?

During appointment to get the keys and bring up to them?

I think my loan process is almost done, will this delay getting the keys?

Did they refunded you the money back to CPF or give you cash?

Thanks.

hi

my ID quotes the demolition works as follows:

Dismantle existing 2 sets of door & door frame @ MBR & BR2 2 sets

Hack existing solid wall b/w MBR & BR2 14ft

Haulage of raw material & removal of debris to appointed ENV dumping ground (except HDB Renovation submission fees)

Total in lump sum $900

is this reasonable?