Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi chrispy

how long it takes for their next letter to come??

To inform us to collect keys?? :yamseng::yamseng::yamseng:

for mine it take less then 2weeks to get key collection date. haha~ :unsure: if can end of this month get keys mayb ur ID can do for u juz nice for CNY.... cuz i will also start renovating at nxt Mon i think. hope b4 CNY can 95% complete. :good:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi bethel,

when did u get ur tv? $2,099 include extension of 2yr wty?

we purchased ours last mth @ $2,199 also from Best Denki.

chrispy, u might want to take note on a point which i overlooked. Courts may be offering their tv prices slightly more expensive ($100-$200 more) than Best Denki, they cover DEAD PIXELS issue which Samsung's warranty & Best Denki's extended wty doesn't. now i'm praying our tv comes in a complete, no defects package... *cross fingers* Dead pixels can drive you up the wall...to me or rather... :good:

I got my tv from Best Denki (Ngee Ann City) last monday (5 Nov). Yup $2,099 including 5 yr warranty. I remember seeing it at $2,199 last month too. So it pays to wait.

They were having a weekend (3rd-4th Nov) promotion and even though i missed it they still offered the same price to me. :unsure:

They always have promotions so if the rest of u can wait, pls wait and keep a look out.

Try to go to Best Denki at Ngee Ann City, i feel that they're more up to date.

I went to Best Denki at Bishan and they were telling me abt the free gifts from samsung were either the HTS or the Tv+DVD player. but over at Ngee Ann City, they said still got the option of washing machine or robinsons voucher. And this is the updated list of free gifts.

Good news.. good news!8|:notti:

I'll be collecting my keys next Sat...yippeeeee YiPPeeeeeee .....

So excited :jawdrop:

Here's another Price Alert for LCD TV!

Taka Best Denki selling Brand New Hitachi 37" IPS Panel LCD TV Model 37D9000TA at Only $1599!:jawdrop: Usual Price is 2199! Limited sets only...Check it out!

th_HPIM0010-1.jpg

Went to Ngee Ann Best Denki again during my lunch time. Noticed that the $1599 price is also extended to the model that is completely Made in Japan! Remembered that my colleague had paid about $2400 about 6 months back to get the same set. Now the price is so attractive!

Good news.. good news!:P:notti:

I'll be collecting my keys next Sat...yippeeeee YiPPeeeeeee .....

So excited :jawdrop:

congrat congrat!:)! now u can join the renovating and buying things process liao... 8|

hi all...

its amazing that there is a forum like this for to-be-neighbors getting together online....

i just got my letter from HDB informing me to collect my keys for my unit in 79B on the 26th... seriously i have no clue what is going to happen after this.. just pick up key and start renovation ? i don't even know how i am going to begin the renovation...??

I have a friend who has a construction company and he is going to do the renovating for me... that is, if i have a plan.. but i have no clue, so does anyone knows if there's like a designer who just does designing and nothing else and how much that would costs ?

i was thinking of maybe just browsing magazines and paste post-its on good designs but i think that's just silly..

I spoke with my ID last evening cos the pace of my reno also appear to slow down somewhat. He mentioned that its the carpentry work that will take the most time. Now that it is year-end, there are even more people rushing to make it in time for CNY - so more backlog. My floor and toilets tiles also went up very fast, so did the false ceiling, lights and aircons....but after that it's wait, wait and more wait for the carpentry works! :jawdrop:

Hi Gadgetman,

Just noticed ur avatar... that's a nice pix :notti: looking forward to ur compilation of old photos 8|

can anyone help! want to buy aircon but duno wat to look into. :jawdrop:

wat are the key things tat must look into? the only thing noe is i no need a inventer cuz ebing she cant stand cold so the most i will on my aircon the most 3-4hrs when needed.

thks... :notti:

pure designer will either take $1000 cash, doing the planning and 3d drawings for you, or take 10 % of the total reno. price.

This is what I heard from my friend who used to be an interior designer.

I didn't ask her to do for me, too close friends, she hard to earn , I hard to comment or bargain. :]

Yeah, better back-up your info. My hard-disk confirmed damaged.

Photos including those of blk 79 that I have been taking since 2005 are all gone. sob sob.

Anybody who has good contacts / close buddies who can help me recover the data at a nominal fee? Pleeease pm me.

Hi Mapleleaf,

I was just going through my photos collection and I realised that I still have some photos of Blk79 in 2004 when the construction site was still bare! I also have the photos of the mock-up model that was displayed at the HDB Hub at that time. Looking at the model, it struck me on how accurate the real thing is compared to the model. Now I know that there will be a badminton court beside Blk A and the structure with glass panel behind Blk79B next to the rear carpark exit will be known as the People's Plaza!

I really hope that your data can be recovered eventually...but in anycase, you are most welcome to share my photos...so not all is lost!

hi all...

its amazing that there is a forum like this for to-be-neighbors getting together online....

i just got my letter from HDB informing me to collect my keys for my unit in 79B on the 26th... seriously i have no clue what is going to happen after this.. just pick up key and start renovation ? i don't even know how i am going to begin the renovation...??

I have a friend who has a construction company and he is going to do the renovating for me... that is, if i have a plan.. but i have no clue, so does anyone knows if there's like a designer who just does designing and nothing else and how much that would costs ?

i was thinking of maybe just browsing magazines and paste post-its on good designs but i think that's just silly..

Hi Lyj898,

welcome :jawdrop: My designer is renozone and they charge $300 for design fees. I am not sure if this rate is only applicable only if you ask them for quote. They can be reached at 62923345

Hi Mapleleaf,

I was just going through my photos collection and I realised that I still have some photos of Blk79 in 2004 when the construction site was still bare! I also have the photos of the mock-up model that was displayed at the HDB Hub at that time. Looking at the model, it struck me on how accurate the real thing is compared to the model. Now I know that there will be a badminton court beside Blk A and the structure with glass panel behind Blk79B next to the rear carpark exit will be known as the People's Plaza!

I really hope that your data can be recovered eventually...but in anycase, you are most welcome to share my photos...so not all is lost!

gadgetman, you really :jawdrop::notti:

Hi Gadgetman,

Just noticed ur avatar... that's a nice pix 8| looking forward to ur compilation of old photos :P

Thanks! Unfortunately, that's about the ONLY photo I have with the old Blk79 :jawdrop:

Was really hoping that more people will come forward with their collection of old photos of Blk79. I never thought that I will be staying at Blk79 eventually, but ever since my younger days, Blk79 had always been a special place for me. I still remember that there used to be a special vegetarian cake shop, the police post used to be there, and there used to be a computer shop there too. My TV trolley was bought from a furniture shop from the old Blk79 too. Really regretted not taking more photos then....now all I have are fond memories. :notti:

Here's for old time's sake:

th_AUT_9861.jpg

Edited by gadgetman

Thanks! Unfortunately, that's about the ONLY photo I have with the old Blk79 !!

Was really hoping that more people will come forward with their collection of old photos of Blk79. I never thought that I will be staying at Blk79 eventually, but ever since my younger days, Blk79 had always been a special place for me. I still remember that there used to be a special vegetarian cake shop, the police post used to be there, and there used to be a computer shop there too. My TV trolley was bought from a furniture shop from the old Blk79 too. Really regretted not taking more photos then....now all I have are fond memories. :(

th_AUT_9861.jpg

wah blk 79 is really a very sentimental place for u.... :) is a new chapter for me and ebing. hope all of us will bring new unforgetable memories to this new blk79.... :D

Thanks! Unfortunately, that's about the ONLY photo I have with the old Blk79 :)

Was really hoping that more people will come forward with their collection of old photos of Blk79. I never thought that I will be staying at Blk79 eventually, but ever since my younger days, Blk79 had always been a special place for me. I still remember that there used to be a special vegetarian cake shop, the police post used to be there, and there used to be a computer shop there too. My TV trolley was bought from a furniture shop from the old Blk79 too. Really regretted not taking more photos then....now all I have are fond memories. !!

th_AUT_9861.jpg

Now you have jogged my memory along. I recall going up to the 30th storey of Blk 152 or 146 to snap some photos back in 2003 or 2004. Can't recall if the old block had been torn down yet. I can share it with whoever wants to compile the photos if it is of any interest. :(

For that matter, just recalled that I was taking some photos of TP Central back in 1998 to send off to an overseas friend, not sure if the negative is still around :D

Edited by a_star