Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hihi, I'm new neighbour in Blk 79C. Anyone engaged Substance to renovate house recently?

Hi Isabelle,

You can read through this thread if you have spare time, as there are some 79 Kakis engaged this ID, or you can go to this link Substance.

yay! i've appt to collect keys on 21st Feb morning and its actually 'yuan xiao' (15th day of CNY) on that day..... :(

yay! i've appt to collect keys on 21st Feb morning and its actually 'yuan xiao' (15th day of CNY) on that day..... :)

Hey shercjw,

good then. Can after collect keys, straight away go 'open door ceremony'.

Then celebrate 'yuan xiao' in e new hm, frm morning til nite, jus e 2 of u :lol:

:(

Hihi, I'm new neighbour in Blk 79C. Anyone engaged Substance to renovate house recently?

:P:notti::notti:

Best would be to build a new shopping complex with cineplex.. :(:P

:no::no::no:

Edited by jaCKY777

i dun have the strength to push all the rubbish to the lift lobby...it's a MOUNTAIN!:(:notti::(:lol:

pay conservancy fees and removal of debris fee to get a mountain... i must find bangladesh workers to throw for me liao...

hahaha!! thanks thanks!! doing the toilet is my want...shay_d wasn't that keen. :notti:

but tell her that she has a big and spacious room-cum-WIW liao...that's something that i also want but didn't get...so it's equal!! hee!!

hi ms white, u can call town council to ask them to clear.. we also always had rubbish outside our unit and it is really fire hazard lor.. my hb always call n complain ... then they will quickly get their bangladesh workers to come liao..

Best would be to build a new shopping complex with cineplex.. :(:notti:

Hmmm....not too sure about this. While it may be good for TPY to have something like the AMK Hub, I can only imagine that this will be at the expense of the lovely heartland shops. Blk79 residents would also have to put up with construction noise and air pollution for at least another 2 yrs... :notti:

BTW, did anyone notice that the plot of land in front of the Entertainment Centre had already been boarded up? I guess construction of the 14 story office building will start soon and its only a matter of time before BlkC residents will lose the lovely view of the swimming pools.....

Edited by gadgetman

Hi jaCKY777,

Why no to shopping complex and cineplex?? This will increase our property price.. :notti:

Hey Redwrym,

Some may like e :idea: , some may not like e :idea: .

For mi, i dun like e :idea: of shopping complex and cineplex jus beneath 79.

It wld b good enough if it is situated opp 79 & jus across e rd. :notti:

If a shopping complex cum cineplex is built beneath 79, there bound 2 b issues to arise ->

1) issues concerning the Rules & Regulations of Authorities;

2) issues concerning the Landlord;

3) issues concerning the Commercial Tenants;

4) issues concerning the Residents of 79;

5) issues concerning the General Public.

Fyi, my current hm is above

- wet market;

- shops;

- 24-hrs supermarket;

- 24-hrs fastfood restaurants;

- carpark;

- mrt stn.

Kinda sick of it oleady. Aniway, mayb i had think tooo far liao. :lol::lol::lol:

:P

Hmmm....not too sure about this. While it may be good for TPY to have something like the AMK Hub, I can only imagine that this will be at the expense of the lovely heartland shops. Blk79 residents would also have to put up with construction noise and air pollution for at least another 2 yrs... :(

BTW, did anyone notice that the plot of land in front of the Entertainment Centre had already been boarded up? I guess construction of the 14 story office building will start soon and its only a matter of time before BlkC residents will lose the lovely view of the swimming pools.....

Hey gadgetman,

u r rite. ;)

Btw, e best view frm 79, personally i find its frm

- blk C high levels units (esp #40, e centralize refuse chute hopper area there); 8|

- blk D high levels units (esp facing South); 8|

- blk E high levels units (esp facing South & East). :~

Blk 79A & 79B, well, personally i find its view is kinda being obstructed by many High Buildings nearby. :P

;)

Edited by jaCKY777

Hi Everybody

In addition to all the security suggestions, I would recommend u guys to do the same as what me and hubby did. As during the CNY period, most contractors, IDs etc are not working (they usually have a date in which they will start work again, not necessary the immediate monday after CNY). I would recommend u guys to lock up your house using the metal gate and wooden door instead of just the chain and number lock. Then the thieves cannot break into your house le lor....Be kiasu and safe mah... (even thou I don't have anything inside my flat....) :idea::idea::notti::lol:

Good idea, zanie!

Hi Redwyrm , there is one at block 84/85. =)

Ooops... could be 80/81 instead =P It's very near blk 79

...and I believe that there is a large departmental store, Ang Moh, together with some other amenities shop at block 85 behind. Its not even 5 mins walk away...very convenient already!!

yeah, cheap stuff some more.

:lol::lol:

i think unlikely. cos currently,

- there's 1 CHEERS across e rd, beside NTUC, near e staircase dat goes dn 2 mrt stn. :P

- there's 1 CHEERS inside Mobil petrol stn, behind 79A. :P

actually, i was hoping to hav

- CHEERS. :P

- Provision/Groceries shop. 8|

- Cake/Bread shop. 8|

- 4D/TOTO outlet. :~

jus dnstairs of 79.

i was hoping not 2 hav

- Football Club. ;)

- Black-Tinted Glass Massage Parlour. :P

- Hair Dressing Saloon. :(

- Pets shop (birds). :no:

jus dnstairs of 79.

:idea:

Oh MAAAAAN!:notti:! NO gambling booths please. ;) If you don't believe me, go to blk 85 during the day, especially on weekends. you will understand what I mean. Am hoping that the crowd will not filter down to Blk 79.

Good idea, zanie!

Hey Mapleleaf,

so now u r using a

- chain-lock,

- padlock,

- metal gate lockset,

- main door lockset 2 lock ur premises? :P

8|

Edited by jaCKY777

Hi jaCKY777,

Why no to shopping complex and cineplex?? This will increase our property price.. :P

I think they will build a shopping complex eventually. As for cineplex, is Eng Wah still there? If so, how I wish they will refurbish the building.

Edited by Mapleleaf

Hey gadgetman,

u r rite. :notti:

Btw, e best view frm 79, personally i find its frm

- blk C high levels units (esp #40, e centralize refuse chute hopper area there); 8|

- blk D high levels units (esp facing South); 8|

- blk E high levels units (esp facing South & East). :~

Blk 79A & 79B, well, personally i find its view is kinda being obstructed by many High Buildings nearby. :idea:

:idea:

Hi Jacky777,

I kind of agree, although I must say that the D and E southward facing units still have a better view as they are not blocked by the massive HDB Hub. The high floors for BlkC can only look over HDB hub slightly and see the tips of some of the Raffles Place buildings - still not shiok lah... :notti:

However, on the downside, the D and E units have recessed living rooms and the view to one side will be blocked by a wall. However, this is not an issue for the bedrooms as they are all outward facing. Superb view I must say...

But no point comparing lah, it is already a blessing to be able to stay at Blk79, those under SERS even more luckier. Someone ever liken it to striking TOTO too, so no matter which blk or unit you are at, it is still a great place to stay! :P

Hey Mapleleaf,

so now u r using a

- chain-lock,

- padlock,

- metal gate lockset,

- main door lockset 2 lock ur premises? :P

8|

so far, only chain lock and padlock. But I may use HDB-given keys to lock the main door and gate during this 15-days CNY period.