Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi Jacky777,

I kind of agree, although I must say that the D and E southward facing units still have a better view as they are not blocked by the massive HDB Hub. The high floors for BlkC can only look over HDB hub slightly and see the tips of some of the Raffles Place buildings - still not shiok lah... 8|

However, on the downside, the D and E units have recessed living rooms and the view to one side will be blocked by a wall. However, this is not an issue for the bedrooms as they are all outward facing. Superb view I must say...

But no point comparing lah, it is already a blessing to be able to stay at Blk79, those under SERS even more luckier. Someone ever liken it to striking TOTO too, so no matter which blk or unit you are at, it is still a great place to stay! :P

I like your last para. Hehehe. I got mine through balloting and I felt like I striked lottery liao.

I must add that our blocks are much better than lotsa new ones. They are built in a straight (almost) row and are not so bunched up / close to the next block that you can watch your neighbour's 14inch TV or count the number of wanton in your neighbour's noodles. =P

Besides. the home within is more important than the external view. How often do you stare out of the window when you come home in the evening? Probably click on the TV and become a couch potato after that.

Edited by Mapleleaf

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Chinese New Year Fireworks!:P!

Dear Neighbours, there will be 4 rounds of fireworks display @ the Marina Area for this CNY Period. Namely:

1) Tonight 9.30pm

2) Tomorrow @ midnight

3) Thursday at 9.30pm

4) Friday at 9.30pm

I guess for those who don't wish to go and squeeze with others, Blk 79 is a great place to see the fireworks. Do go and see if you have the time! (^_^)

Oh MAAAAAN!:P! NO gambling booths please. :idea: If you don't believe me, go to blk 85 during the day, especially on weekends. you will understand what I mean. Am hoping that the crowd will not filter down to Blk 79.

Yah, i agree with u olso. But i need 4D/TOTO betting booth to buy 'HOPE' lei. :P

i dunoe abt now. Las time wen i was a kid, during 'horse racing day' used 2 see e punters gather in super big groups at lor 5 area, est. >100 ppl young & old, men & women. 8|

8|

so far, only chain lock and padlock. But I may use HDB-given keys to lock the main door and gate during this 15-days CNY period.

Hey Mapleleaf,

think its wiser 2 get it done ASAP. Ur neighbour (e 1 facing e lift lobby), i find 'they' r not so 'kampung-spirited/neighbourhood watch/helpful type etc). :idea:

Cos dat day, after u mentioned abt ur chain kana cut-off thingy, e following day i wen dn 2 kpo. Wen i reach ur storey, jus happen dis neighbour is at his main door, he quickly closes his doors, lock inside his hm.

I dunoe abt others. For mi, i will stand at my main door, see wat's dis 'stranger' is doing, if posible, start a conversation (hostile or frndly).

:(

I like your last para. Hehehe. I got mine through balloting and I felt like I striked lottery liao.

I must add that our blocks are much better than lotsa new ones. They are built in a straight (almost) row and are not so bunched up / close to the next block that you can watch your neighbour's 14inch TV or count the number of wanton in your neighbour's noodles. =P

Besides. the home within is more important than the external view. How often do you stare out of the window when you come home in the evening? Probably click on the TV and become a couch potato after that.

Hey Mapleleaf,

i kinda agree 2. e overall layout of e whole blk is :~:notti::notti:

ur 2nd parragraph i :idea::lol::lol:

:lol:;);)

Edited by jaCKY777

Hi Jacky777,

I kind of agree, although I must say that the D and E southward facing units still have a better view as they are not blocked by the massive HDB Hub. The high floors for BlkC can only look over HDB hub slightly and see the tips of some of the Raffles Place buildings - still not shiok lah... :notti:

However, on the downside, the D and E units have recessed living rooms and the view to one side will be blocked by a wall. However, this is not an issue for the bedrooms as they are all outward facing. Superb view I must say...

But no point comparing lah, it is already a blessing to be able to stay at Blk79, those under SERS even more luckier. Someone ever liken it to striking TOTO too, so no matter which blk or unit you are at, it is still a great place to stay! 8|

Hey gadgetman,

i kinda agree. i belong 2 1 of e units dat got superb North, South & East View. Can see e whole of Bishan, Potong Pasir, Kallang... 8|

Initially, i felt i kinda strike 4D/TOTO olso, but now seems like, i gona fork-out e 'lottery rewards' instead.

:idea:

Dear Neighbours, there will be 4 rounds of fireworks display @ the Marina Area for this CNY Period. Namely:

1) Tonight 9.30pm

2) Tomorrow @ midnight

3) Thursday at 9.30pm

4) Friday at 9.30pm

I guess for those who don't wish to go and squeeze with others, Blk 79 is a great place to see the fireworks. Do go and see if you have the time! (^_^)

Dear neighbours,

who will be at ur units 2nite & 2mr nite? :~

i wana go see fireworks + kpo ur nicely reno hm. :idea:

:notti:

Hey gadgetman,

i kinda agree. i belong 2 1 of e units dat got superb North, South & East View. Can see e whole of Bishan, Potong Pasir, Kallang... :P

Wah....envy!! 8|8|:~

Sorry, Hijack this thread a bit. Am selling some of my gadgets (PS2 slim, XBOX etc...). Do check out my post below if you are interested.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12316

Edited by gadgetman

Hey Redwrym,

Some may like e 8| , some may not like e :~ .

For mi, i dun like e :notti: of shopping complex and cineplex jus beneath 79.

It wld b good enough if it is situated opp 79 & jus across e rd. 8|

Hi jaCKY77,

Of course i dont mean to have a shopping complex and a cineplex beneath blk 79.. :P:notti:

1) Tonight 9.30pm

2) Tomorrow @ midnight

3) Thursday at 9.30pm

4) Friday at 9.30pm

Oh tat is nice... hahaa might pop by one of the block at 40th storey to take a look... 8|

Blk 79A & 79B, well, personally i find its view is kinda being obstructed by many High Buildings nearby. :dunno:

The high flr units on Blk A do have very good view of the MacRitchie Reservoir.

Just my opinion.... :unsure:

Side track ->

i saw some ad in other sites, got 79 neighbours oleady started 2 ad 2 rent out rooms.

Extracted (1), fyi ->

Chinese Family Owner

Near Toa Payoh Mrt

Furnished, Air con

Above 20th Storey

Working professionals/ Couple Tenant/ Guy/ Lady

Available from Mid Feb 2008

Asking SGD $700 per month for 1 tenant OR SGD $800 for 2 tenants sharing.

Extracted (2), fyi ->

Price: 2500

Bedrooms: 3

Bathrooms: 2

Square Feet: 75sqm

House Type: 3 Rooms

Parking/Garage?: yes

Property Age: 1

Tenure: 99

:notti:

Edited by jaCKY777

Chinese New Year Fireworks!:notti:!

1) Tonight 9.30pm

2) Tomorrow @ midnight

3) Thursday at 9.30pm

4) Friday at 9.30pm

Thanks for your info. Did u get to see the fireworks??

I'm sure those high-floor units facing the south will hv a personal viewing gallery :wub:

Hey neighbours,

seems like i'm e only 1 who is very free & not sleeping & surfing Renotalk forum at dis hr of e time. :notti:

:wub:

Edited by jaCKY777

I'm sure those high-floor units facing the south will hv a personal viewing gallery :notti:

Aiyo, the fireworks like peanuts ! Not very high, only catch glimpse of it and so short duration. My boy so disappointed.

I'm sure those high-floor units facing the south will hv a personal viewing gallery :)

Sob Sob.... I went to my flat yesterday to try to see the fireworks. All I managed to see were the bright lights from the rim of the fireworks. Cant see the fireworks itself!:D! :D Was totally blocked by HDB!:D8| So disappointed..... I wanna cry liao..... :( So high expectations, then now cannot see at all..... :(

Alister, must lombang your flat all the way le....... :)

Sob Sob.... I went to my flat yesterday to try to see the fireworks. All I managed to see were the bright lights from the rim of the fireworks. Cant see the fireworks itself!:D! :D Was totally blocked by HDB!:D:) So disappointed..... I wanna cry liao..... 8| So high expectations, then now cannot see at all..... :(

Alister, must lombang your flat all the way le....... :)

I can lombang my hse but you will also be disappointed. But u are welcome anytime.

I think better fireworks will be during national day and year-end countdown.