Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

is the loud screeching noise coming from the water pipes outside your flat? is that something that we should be concerned about?
seems to be the water pipes running through the bathroom, plus all the bathrooms above & below! i don't know if it's normal, or a problem, or just that it's like that when new. any ideas from others?
Guess those of us who own cars have to be extra vigilant and help keep a look out for suspicious characters lurking around the estate.

Yes, typically when a block is new, ppl not moved in fully yet, ppl don't know each other... that's when theft can be more common. So it's good if we can all be more "kaypoh" about people we see around. Even thought the police are just next door, they won't patrol more often just cos of that.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Mr&Mrs Ronin

The last time you came by our unit the carpentry is not up yet. If you wish to look at the carpentry works you may come by this Saturday. Most if not all carpentry will be up already. Maybe this will give you a better idea of the space in the kitchen or berdrooms. Built in wardrobes should be completed by this Saturday. Let me know if you're keen. Ciao!!

Hi Mr&Mrs Ronin

The last time you came by our unit the carpentry is not up yet. If you wish to look at the carpentry works you may come by this Saturday. Most if not all carpentry will be up already. Maybe this will give you a better idea of the space in the kitchen or berdrooms. Built in wardrobes should be completed by this Saturday. Let me know if you're keen. Ciao!!

i'm keen but the problem is i'll be away on reservist for two weeks starting tomorrow! :notti:

Hi everyone,

Just bought a unit in TPY blk 79A during the recent Feb ballating excercise.

Came across this forum quite happening so hope to know more neighbours and friends in this community.

Now still looking for ID and thinking of how to design my house.

Will be collecting my keys ard end Apr to May.

Anybody tried Living Art Interior located at blk 177 just opp our block of flats. Or any ID to recommend.

By the way i'm new in this forum so got alot to learn from u guys here.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Came across this forum quite happening so hope to know more neighbours and friends in this community.

Anybody tried Living Art Interior located at blk 177 just opp our block of flats. Or any ID to recommend.

Thanks

Hi, ryuki.

Welcome to the neighbourhood! :sport-smiley-004:

I've been to Living Arts too. In fact, I've been to all the ID at Blk 177. Ultimately, I chose Unimax as my ID. You can visit my blog to see the details there.

If you need any referral to Unimax, I can PM you my ID contact. :sport-smiley-004:

i'm considering those guys at blk 177 too.

so far i have only spoken to one guy **** art. i like his style. very honest.

i used to have a housemate who's a sales designer in one of the ID firms and i must say that after knowing him, i look at every sales designer with contempt. always out to "earn" from innocent people.

but this guy was the opposite of my former housemate so my first impression of him is good.

however, i'll still check out other ID firms in my reno process.

i'm considering those guys at blk 177 too.

so far i have only spoken to one guy **** art. i like his style. very honest.

i used to have a housemate who's a sales designer in one of the ID firms and i must say that after knowing him, i look at every sales designer with contempt. always out to "earn" from innocent people.

but this guy was the opposite of my former housemate so my first impression of him is good.

however, i'll still check out other ID firms in my reno process.

Yup, it's better to source for more IDs and compare them with their quotations (items by items) and see which is better. All IDs are out to earn money (of course for a living). It's either a matter of how much they want to earn out of you or how good their talking skills are to coax you into signing up with them.

Ultimately, you must feel good when you're being served by the ID. Honesty aside, anything being agreed upon is better to be written down in black and white. 8| A lot of IDs before being signed up can promise you "the sun and moon" but after signing up with them, they only give you their minimum effort. 8|

A good place to start is this forum. Initially when I started out, I had to read from page 1 of this thread until the end. Then I read other people's reno-blog and got a feel of what I waned before sourcing for IDs.

If you're not sure of anything, feel free to ask here. A lot of kind people are here to help out. :lol:

Edited by euph0bear

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Hi Ms Ryuki,

hmm talking abt designers...Im very skeptical of designers and contractors initially including our current designer...i tink they all do daylight robery...

So far im very impressed with him. He's very patient, honest and efficient. Reno progress has been quick and regardless of my fickle mindedness he's been accommodating enuf i must say. He's a general manager of the company therefore he's not a sales designer. I went to abt 10 companies and his quote is the most reasonable. And he is in a good position to give good discounts and flexibility.

I think im saying too much praises ...hehe...im just very very happy with him for now...hope this continues..if u want u can look at my unit to look a his works.

I can fully understand how it feels when deciding on a designer...so i want to contribute my part in helping neighbours make a more informed decision...during my research process this forum help me alot...so i guess i wanna do the same for ppl looking for ideas, designers, etc etc...feel free to let me know if u wanna come by.

To be very honest there are a lot of companies/designers who gives ridiculous quotes...so do get a few quotes and compare and make sure ur comfortable with the designer.

Thanks guys.

I'm sure i'll learn alot from here.

Saw your blog and saw those old pictures of TPY 10 over yrs ago.

Brings back lots of memories.

The fountain is indeed an iconic feature then

Although i dont live in TPY but my childhood days were spent in TPY.

Cos i stayed in Balestier and my school is at Potong Pasir and TPY is where i hang out often.

Always felt i was a TPY kid.. hee

When i was young i always wanted to live in TPY when i grow up.

And guess what, i got selected during the feb balloting ex and i know i'll choose TPY cos my queue number is quite small. So happy when i recieved the news when i got selected, haha

Guess the nxt step is to do up my house.

So looking for ideas and ID from magazines and books while waiting for my keys.

Hi, Liana79B

By the way i'm a Mr.. hee..

Its so kind of u to allow others to view ur unit.

Thanks for ur advise and help. But i'm not sure who ur referring to?

Thanks guys.

I'm sure i'll learn alot from here.

Saw your blog and saw those old pictures of TPY 10 over yrs ago.

Brings back lots of memories.

The fountain is indeed an iconic feature then

Although i dont live in TPY but my childhood days were spent in TPY.

Cos i stayed in Balestier and my school is at Potong Pasir and TPY is where i hang out often.

Always felt i was a TPY kid.. hee

When i was young i always wanted to live in TPY when i grow up.

And guess what, i got selected during the feb balloting ex and i know i'll choose TPY cos my queue number is quite small. So happy when i recieved the news when i got selected, haha

Guess the nxt step is to do up my house.

So looking for ideas and ID from magazines and books while waiting for my keys.

Hi, Liana79B

By the way i'm a Mr.. hee..

Its so kind of u to allow others to view ur unit.

Thanks for ur advise and help. But i'm not sure who ur referring to?

Another good start will be going to this Link and you will see alot of good and bad comments about reno IDs\Contractors.

Happy hunting.

!!

Edited by Redwyrm

Want to ask those who already buy their sofa, did you get leather sofa or fabric sofa? Wanted to get leather sofa but after seeing so many nice fabric sofa from milan, I cannot decide which one to get now.

Want to ask those who already buy their sofa, did you get leather sofa or fabric sofa? Wanted to get leather sofa but after seeing so many nice fabric sofa from milan, I cannot decide which one to get now.

I'm also currently looking for suitable sofa. Leather, half leather, PVC, vinyl, fabric sofas... So many types to choose from. :notti: Got their pros and cons too.

I like leather but sit too long bottock will get heated up. Easier to sweat too. But I like the feel, smell of leather and maintenance is easier. Whereas fabric got lotsa colours, less heat created. But easier get dirty and wear and tear.

I'm also currently looking for suitable sofa. Leather, half leather, PVC, vinyl, fabric sofas... So many types to choose from. :notti: Got their pros and cons too.

I like leather but sit too long bottock will get heated up. Easier to sweat too. But I like the feel, smell of leather and maintenance is easier. Whereas fabric got lotsa colours, less heat created. But easier get dirty and wear and tear.

Leather do tear as well as the thread don't really hold it together. For fabric, it will not tear unless we cut it. Change a new set of fabric will create a new look for the sofa. But fabric got to wash which I find it very troublesome. The thing is I am looking for a sofa with the head rest and I don't see it with leather sofa.

i bought a fabric one because i can change the covers...and also, the fabric i chose can be machine-washed...so even if dirty, just wash...leather must maintain, i don't think i wanna give myself more housework to do...

and also, when there's kids or guests bring their kids, they tend to like jumping on the sofa...so, i don't wanna spend so much on sofa just in case and i don't expect a sofa can last very very long...just get a simple one can already...

lastly, i got my mum to sew sofa covers for me... :notti:

hi everyone,

need your advice...

1) Does anyone used either Fisher & Paykel or Maytag or Whirlpool top load washing machine before? Is it durable and is it noisy?

2) I considering getting either a Toshiba or Mitsubishi or Panasonic Inverter sys 3 air-condition.... Any one has comments on these brands? Heard that the motor parts for Toshiba are from Japan. Is it true?

Hope to hear from you and thanks in advance! :notti: