Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

don't be surprised if he's earning from citygas too. i've learnt quite a bit in my days running foodcourts.

How does he earn from City Gas? Isnt the price fixed? Did you use gas heater for your house as well? Actually I prefer electric heater but the hacking part is my concern.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Tippy

Working with Chi Ho has been a relatively pleasant experience. :good: He has been very willing to help and his workmanship's pretty good. When he knows that his dateline is almost up, he will rush for us where necessary without having us going after him. When we have items that are being delivered, and we are not available, he will not hesitate to go up and receive the goods for us. He is also willing to pay for the goods for us if we couldnt find time to pass him the balance payments for the goods. Chi Ho and/ or his project co-ordinator will also go up to the flat everyday to check on works done the previous day. He knows his stuff well as he used to be an architect working for HDB. And even thou' I would bother Chi Ho every day with qns via sms, he will still patiently explain things and situations to me, even thou' it could be the 3rd/4th time that I am asking about the same thing. :P:notti: I would say now Chi Ho is more like a fren than a contractor to hubby and me. :drunk: And we felt comfy with him the very first time we met him :)

However, things that are not so nice would include if something went wrong (for eg, our light broke during renovations), they will be pretty quick to push away the blame... :o Well, who's right who's wrong, I won't know coz I was not present. 8| You'll need to be firm about your ideas as well. Hubby and I listened a lot to him with regards to colours and designs and the house turned out nice but not exactly what we wanted. :dunno:

I did not get the aircon from him coz me and hubby think his quote's too high. We used All Best @ IMM instead. And we did not use his electrician as well. His electrician quoted us 2.2k wherease the one that Alister recommended quoted me only 1.4k. :notti: Asked for discount but his electrician refused too. :bow: However, I do have to say that Chi Ho and my electrician can't seem to work together. :(

With regards to the haulage fees, Chi Ho handled it for us. :) Think it should be inside his quote already coz he did not collect any extra from us and he liased with the sand haulage contractors directly.

Well, hope all this info helps. And if you need/ want to go up to our flat to take a peep, feel free to let me know. :notti: Reno is not completed yet but all the carpentary should be up by Friday. Washing of the house will be done next Mon and Tues. (^_^) :yamseng:

Hi Zanie98

Tried sending you a pm but not sure if it went thru. Not quite familiar on how to navigate this forum page. Tks so much for yr very helpful feedback. If its convenient, can I see your place this Sat at about 10.30am with Chi Ho? Tks much...

How does he earn from City Gas? Isnt the price fixed? Did you use gas heater for your house as well? Actually I prefer electric heater but the hacking part is my concern.

i'm only saying don't be surprised, that's all.

in the foodcourt/kopitiam world, gas suppliers would also offer goodies to foodcourt/kopitiam operators like free tables and chairs, etc.

and the guy who broker the deal also gets something.

then again, don't take my word for it. i could be wrong. this i share based on what i've come across in the past. may not be the same now.

ps: i haven't even got the keys to my flat ;)

hey, i m looking for a 4-6 seater black tempered glass top table price range from $500-%600, anyone has seen such a range, pls let me know.

Thanks.

Dear All,

Can I have some advice on the water heater? My ID told me that the pipes in the bathrooms were concealed. So if I were to use Electric water heater, I will have to do some hacking work and the overall work would be ugly.

He proposed to use those gas water heater from Citygas. What are the pros and cons between the electric water heater and gas water heater?

I am also looking for sink, taps and bathroom accessories etc. Where can I get these with reasonable price?

When I signed the contract for renovation, we were pretty green and now, we seems to have to fork out alot more. I just paid $900 for haulage. Contractor told me its usually $700 but since I dun want laminated flooring in my bedrooms and doing homogenous tiles instead, I have to pay $200 more.

I am also quite silly to follow my ID to do furniture shopping. So gullible to think that he doesnt earn commission from the furniture shop just cos he told me he isnt. Anyway, a lesson learnt.

For the aircon, my advice is to get others to do than to go thru your ID. He quoted me $3350 for Mitsubishi Easy Clean System 3. I managed to get $2700 for the same thing outside. Just in case some of you had not done up your aircon, this is some gauge for you all to have.

Hi Toppie

I personally won't recommend the gas heater. I shifted into blk 79D a couple of weeks ago. I was recommended by my id to use the gas heater too. We have been using the gas heater for about a week. It take ages for the hot water to reach the bathroom i think one of the reason was due to the long piping from the kitchen to the bathroom.

We have to let the water run (wasting like 1 1/2 to 2 pail of water) before the hot water comes. We experience that if someone is taking a bath and another person on the tap in the kitchen.... the person bathing will get a sudden cold splash of water instead. Every time someone switch on the tap the gas heater will have the ta ta ta sound like when you on yr gas stove and it doesn't start. There seem to be some water pressure problem too. The flow of the hot water is very small and not really hot. Our id told us that we have to get citygas to adjust the temperature if we need hotter water.

Also gas heater won't allow 2 person to bath at the same time. We have try it. The whole family complain and we had to get the gas heater remove. For those ppl considering gas heater please re-consider

Now i am loving the new storage heater that we bought. :unsure: The water is hot and no more water pressure or waiting for someone to finish bathing.

Edited by Yel

anyone using plasma here? Do you have a HD player attached to your plasma, hehe i want to look look if possible. :unsure:

Hi aural,

are u refering to the HD- Draco box? i have one... but have not installed yet... maybe next month...hee...

Hi Toppie

I personally won't recommend the gas heater. I shifted into blk 79D a couple of weeks ago. I was recommended by my id to use the gas heater too. We have been using the gas heater for about a week. It take ages for the hot water to reach the bathroom i think one of the reason was due to the long piping from the kitchen to the bathroom.

We have to let the water run (wasting like 1 1/2 to 2 pail of water) before the hot water comes. We experience that if someone is taking a bath and another person on the tap in the kitchen.... the person bathing will get a sudden cold splash of water instead. Every time someone switch on the tap the gas heater will have the ta ta ta sound like when you on yr gas stove and it doesn't start. There seem to be some water pressure problem too. The flow of the hot water is very small and not really hot. Our id told us that we have to get citygas to adjust the temperature if we need hotter water.

Also gas heater won't allow 2 person to bath at the same time. We have try it. The whole family complain and we had to get the gas heater remove. For those ppl considering gas heater please re-consider

Now i am loving the new storage heater that we bought. :unsure: The water is hot and no more water pressure or waiting for someone to finish bathing.

Hi Yel,

Gas Heater & Instant Heater is Diff. Right? As im intending to get Instant Heater rather then storage heater..

hey, i m looking for a 4-6 seater black tempered glass top table price range from $500-%600, anyone has seen such a range, pls let me know.

Thanks.

hey tension_z,

did you check out the furniture shop that I recommended? They have a catalogue of all glass dining tables but I am not sure about the pricing. I saw a black tempered glass table top with some motif on it from the catalogue.

can anyone share their ideas on the rack in the hhs?

tinking of the metal rack but will it rust easily?

anyone put the ikea wooden rack in the hhs, can share the price and size.

kum sia, kum sia.

:unsure:

Edited by REDCRYSTAL

extracted from pg 116 for ur reference

Hey neighbours,

2 my understanding, both e Instant Heater & Storage Heater works abt e same.

Instant Heater ->

- install at kitchen.

- cold water supply frm PUB main.

- wen heater is turn on, heating mechanism in heater transform e cold water supply 2 warm water in a split of seconds.

- warm water then travels frm heater 2 outlets (taps at various locations).

- warm water wil take a while 2 reach e tap which is at far end (master bathrm).

- b4 e warm water reaches e far end outlet, cold water which is oleady in e pipe wil definitely b dispense 1st.

- e pipe length frm e heater 2 e far end outlet wil determine e amount of cold water 2b dispense b4 warm water cums out, which is abt half a pail of cold water.

- dis process carry-on until e heater is turn off. No more making of warm water.

- 2 have more warm water, e heater is turn on again & e whole process repeats.

Storage Heater ->

- install at kitchen or bathroom.

- cold water supply frm PUB main.

- wen heater is turn on, heating mechanism in heater transform e cold water supply 2 warm water in a split of seconds.

- warm water then travels frm heater 2 outlets (taps at various locations).

- warm water wil take a while 2 reach e tap which is at far end (master bathrm or kitchen vice versa).

- b4 e warm water reaches e far end outlet, cold water which is oleady in e pipe wil definitely b dispense 1st.

- e pipe length frm e heater 2 e far end outlet wil determine e amount of cold water 2b dispense b4 warm water cums out, which is abt half a pail of cold water.

- dis process carry-on until e heater is turn off. No more making of warm water. But due 2 its capacity (eg. 5L or 10L), it can store warm water in it.

- e volume of warm water in e storage is sufficient for normal usage without turning on e heater a second time.

- until e capacity of warm water in storage is utilized, e heater is turn on again & e whole process repeats.

Wah i write til i olso blur. Nebermind, i oleady turn on my storage heater liao. :bow:

!!

extracted frm pg 117, for ur reference

Haulage ->

- $900 (4-rm),

- $1100 (5-rm).

- payable 2 e Term Contractor who sub e whole 79 contract.

- their workers wil upload ur watever goods & materials frm grnd lev 2 inside ur unit.

- ur ID/contractor wil olso buy sand & cement (for flooring & masonry works) frm them.

- unless ur ID/contractor got their own source of sand cement supply & uploading goods workers.

- dis scenerio wil happen esp with resale flat.

Debris Removal ->

- different Town Council charges differently.

- less than $200.

- dis fee is for e clearing of reno debris (esp. hacking of walls), frm outside ur unit 2 their designated disposal areas. (eg. collection tank)

- if no hacking of wall, unlikely wil b chargeable. (TC dependent)

- gota take note, if u pay dis Debris Removal Fee 2 ur ID, make sure wen u receive e letter frm Town Council, it is a Receipt of Payment / Tax Invoice not a Bill 4 payment.

!!

extracted from here, for ur reference

Aniway, below r my reference ->

New Standard 4-rm or 5-rm Flat,

- laying floor tiles whole unit, haulage fees $900 - $1200.

- laying floor tiles living/dining, laminate flooring bedrms, haulage fees lesser than $900 - $1200. Cos hdb provide free cement screed 4 those doing laminate floorin & in fact u buy lesser sand frm e Haulage Contractor, so u gota minus off dat portion.

- if neber minus off, dat means ur ID or Contractor is gaining a profit frm it. And its abt $400.

- e $900 - $1200 is set by e Term Contractor who manage 2 win e bid frm Town Council 2 provide Haulage Services 2 e precinct of newly completed blks.

- e tel no. & haulage fees amount wil b scribble at e lift lobby area.

New Premium 4-rm or 5-rm Flat,

- not laying floor tiles s oleady provided by hdb, haulage is very minimal or even N.A.

Resale Flat,

- if hack, clear debris & haulage, haulage fees varies. It can b low & can b high. Most is $1k+.

- ur ID or Contractor wil hav their own Haulage Service link. Dat means, dey r able 2 get their own sub-con 2 do e job at a lower rate. End of e day, its dependent on e ID or Contractor 2 name e price.

:bow:

Hi aural,

are u refering to the HD- Draco box? i have one... but have not installed yet... maybe next month...hee...

Actually just wanna have a feel of plasma from normal household rather than from the shops where they always uses the best cables and best inputs possible.

After looking at the tv thread, my interest in plasma came back again lol

my carpentry not up yet...but i will go ask my id...actually, i abit understand la, but dunno i got it right anot... !!

I think it is not 100% straight because the tic tac is located at the top of the door. If there is another tic tac at the bottom of the floor, they should be able to adjust it till it is flushed? but i guess people seldom make two tic tacs one of the bottom as it does not look nice when u open the door.

mine looks like this

---------- <- bomb shelter door

_ || _ _<-tic tac ||_ <-tic tac

------------- || ----------- ----------- ||----------- view from the top with doors closed

|| means with backing at the back of the door.

Hope this is clear to you. !!

Actually just wanna have a feel of plasma from normal household rather than from the shops where they always uses the best cables and best inputs possible.

After looking at the tv thread, my interest in plasma came back again lol

Hi aural

we bought a 42" plasma but will only be arriving next week after carpentry work is done for our feature wall...if its not too late u may come and take a look...i will let u know when the plasma is up

thanks liana, i'll work it out with mrs ronin and let you know how it goes.

lol! sure, if you'd let us shoot pool at yours!

actually i suck at pool but my siblings and siblings in law are crazy about it.

i'm also worried if putting a treadmill and multistation gym would drastically reduce the size of our living room. hoping to have a clearer picture when we pop by liana's tomorrow (hopefully).

if it does, then too bad for me, i'm just gonna have to sign up with a nearby gym.

Hi Ronin,

my bf initially wanted to buy those stuff as well but due to the size of the house we cant put in any multistation gym or whatever exercise stuff which im not sure what its called so the only thing that we will be installing is the chin up bar...(hmm im not into all this so it doesnt really matter...hehehe !! )