Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Blk 79 don't have balcony so you can ignore that part. :dunno:

hi again,

mrs ronin and i just want to seek clarification on this - do the units in 79b have a service balcony where you can place your washing machine and other laundry stuff?

i thought i saw it in the floorplan but mrs ronin is not convinced.

I have clear mirrors installed both at the dining area and the balcony area. Total cost is $600, if it is just the dining area I suppose it should be just around $400 to $500. The mirrors are among the best decisions ever made for my home reno!

Hi gadgetman,

Thanks for the rough guide.

I will ask my ID to quote.

by the way does your mirror come with wooden backing?

Nice foyer area and water fixture you having. :D

Hope to visit your house somday. :dunno:

Edited by rachel79

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what will be rough cost of installing a frameless full height mirror (6ft x 8ft)?

I am intent to install one in the dinner area.

Any advices or comments will be great appreciated.

Rachel :dunno:

I am installing full height mirrors too. There are 3 different types of mirrors. Clear mirror, bronze mirror and black mirror. I am using mirrors with black backing but I cannot remember how much I was quoted. Need to refer back to the quotation again.

hi liverpoolforlife

i got mine at Bellari $488. stainless steel sink 1.2mm thk. They call it professional sink. I bought the double sink. u may view at www.bellari.net

Hi all,

Wonder if anyone has any recommendations for kitchen sinks & window grilles? I'm sourcing for these items now.

Thanks!

hi alex, thanks for sharing.

actually this was also one concern for me.

i work from home and speak on the phone a lot. in the daytime, i am praying the noise won't be too much for me to bear. i already expect there to be renovation work galore going on everywhere but that should clear up soon enough.

at night, if this goes on, it'd affect me too and probably my wife as well. i know for a fact that once i wake up at night it's usually difficult for me to go back to sleep. i'd end up getting up for work grumpy.

hope LTA listens to your feedback. otherwise, we'd have to put more signatures to appeal for them to do something about it.

Hi,

To be honest, having lived in Singapore since we were born, we should know there is little LTA or govt will do to solve the problem unless they are willing to convert the whole TP central road into one solely for pedestrian (which is highly unlikely). Those neighbors who live directly above or close to the traffic lights will experience the worst noise. This is especially so when cars or motorbikes have to accelerate hard during the green light to move off.

Guess the only advise i can offer is to look into sound proofing the whole house or the rooms. But the cost may be high because of the materials involved.

mirror feature wall, basically there r 2 types ->

- mirror feature with wood backing

- mirror feature without wood backing.

As e 79 walls r kinda flat, e 1st option is cheaper.

- without false ceiling or L-box, e effective headrm is 2550mm = 8.5ft

- with false ceiling or L-box, e effective headrm is 2400mm = 8ft

Assuming a mirror feature with a length of 2100mm = 7ft, with false ceiling, selling price frm ID $15psf

Cost for installin e mirror feature = (7' x 8') x $15psf = $840

Also gota take note e joints & edges.

For ur reference only.

:unsure:

This is a question which I want to ask too, any people can advise?

Just another question to ask, those who made feature wall on bomb shelter, the tictac door especially, do you all have a straight (wood) door or a slightly slanted (wood) door?

My ID said it is normal to be slightly slanted but my father don't believe. Anybody here can advise?

yeah i am doing a feature wall with tic tac doors over the bomb shelter. My ID also says cannot be 100% flushed as the door cannot be 100% straight, esp if the door dont have support at the back. But it would not be that obvious when viewed from the front. They are putting up the doors tomorrow..so can only comment more after they have put it up

Thanks euph0bear for sharing the little tips. :unsure: so that means we can still ask the contractor to change the parts that we are not satisfied with even though it may already be fixed to the floor or wall?

hi again,

mrs ronin and i just want to seek clarification on this - do the units in 79b have a service balcony where you can place your washing machine and other laundry stuff?

i thought i saw it in the floorplan but mrs ronin is not convinced.

as far as i know, the units in blk 79 don't have service balcony...

I am installing full height mirrors too. There are 3 different types of mirrors. Clear mirror, bronze mirror and black mirror. I am using mirrors with black backing but I cannot remember how much I was quoted. Need to refer back to the quotation again.

i will be having full height black tinted mirror at my dinning area too...don't remember the quote too...i also ask my id to do a mirror cabinet for my master bedroom toilet...

yeah i am doing a feature wall with tic tac doors over the bomb shelter. My ID also says cannot be 100% flushed as the door cannot be 100% straight, esp if the door dont have support at the back. But it would not be that obvious when viewed from the front. They are putting up the doors tomorrow..so can only comment more after they have put it up

Thanks euph0bear for sharing the little tips. :bleah: so that means we can still ask the contractor to change the parts that we are not satisfied with even though it may already be fixed to the floor or wall?

No problem, Wildreds2.

As long as you are still holding onto the payment, they also have to listen to your needs one. It's a matter of how you phrase your needs until they feel that they are obliged to rectify the faults.

This is a question which I want to ask too, any people can advise?

Just another question to ask, those who made feature wall on bomb shelter, the tictac door especially, do you all have a straight (wood) door or a slightly slanted (wood) door?

My ID said it is normal to be slightly slanted but my father don't believe. Anybody here can advise?

hey tension_z, i don't quite understand what you mean by straight or slanted door leh...can show some pictures??? at least i can also ask my id...

as far as i know, the units in blk 79 don't have service balcony...

aiyah...

i'm not sure if this is ok, but mrs ronin and i will go ahead and ask anyway.

if you live in 79b and already have your keys, would it be ok for us to pop by for a visit? we just wanna have a look-see at the layout if you don't mind.

ps: doesn't matter if the unit is still under renovation.

thank you! :bleah:

hey tension_z, i don't quite understand what you mean by straight or slanted door leh...can show some pictures??? at least i can also ask my id...

I think she means warped doors.

aiyah...

i'm not sure if this is ok, but mrs ronin and i will go ahead and ask anyway.

if you live in 79b and already have your keys, would it be ok for us to pop by for a visit? we just wanna have a look-see at the layout if you don't mind.

ps: doesn't matter if the unit is still under renovation.

thank you! :yamseng:

Hi I will be at my unit on sat @11.30am. You may come by to have a look. Notin much to see tho as reno is still in progress.

Hi I will be at my unit on sat @11.30am. You may come by to have a look. Notin much to see tho as reno is still in progress.

you're a star!

for a while i thought you're my sis there! same name!

um, thing is, we'd be visiting my father in law at the time you stated. are you available at an earlier or later time that day or perhaps on another day?