Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi Yeoman,

Thank you for your reply. I just got a recommendation by GC to use ME Sys 2 (inverter) for the bedrooms, 1 x 13000btu for MBR &BR2 and 1 x 10000btu for BR3. Now I'm wondering if the recommended 13000 btu unit will be working too hard to cool both rooms, after seeing both yourself and Liana79B are having a 18000 btu for the combined room. :)

Hi Liana79B,

Thank you for your reply. Think higher BTU does help but it also means drawing more electricity?? It will be good if the air flow from the aircon ventilation can spread in many directions, so to cool the living room faster.

:D

halooo... higher BTU will just cool the room faster and also consume more electricity as you need a bigger inverter as well...

in fact the aircon only cools the air inside the room. (it does not draw air from outside). therefore it is advisable to leave a small gap in your window for fresh air to enter and mix with the 'recirculated' air. this is not necessary in commercial buildings using central aircon system because they have already an external air valve to guide and mix fresh air into the aircon ducts...

as a general guide on sizing your aircon, simply take 0.28 x the floor area to be cooled.. = kW of aircon capacity required...then simply convert to BTU (1 BTU = 0.000293kW)

for e.g. your room area = 4x5 =20sqm.. cooling load = 20x0.28=5.6kW = 19,000BTU. so your should get an aircon that is equal or slightly above this cooling load. of course there are other factors like sun direction, lighting heat load, people heat load etc but for residential purposes, this simple calculation will suffice.

cheers,

eric

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
ya...zanie98, hub, shay_d and i also saw the poster...but it's not in Blk D's lift leh.

whoever did it should paste in all blocks cos it's very nicely done up. :jawdrop:

hopefully no itchy fingers will tear it down. =x

never see this poster leh...it's whose house-warming???

btw, i just realised all the 5 blks of 79 are connected by the 2nd storey...my id told me few weeks ago...i feel so suaku...hahaha...

and we've bought all our needed stuffs...we spent lesser than we expected but still quite pok gai already...and next payment for reno is due soon... :notti:

Hey neighbours,

jus 2 add on ->

- blk A to B is linked by e sky garden at 12th storey

- blk A & B is linked by 2nd storey

- blk D & E is linked by 2nd storey

- blk C is linked 2 multi-storey carpark, at lower storey (if not wrong, up to 8th storey)

- besides 1st storey & sky garden, a person can olso access frm blk A 2nd sty > blk B 2nd sty > MSCP > blk D 2nd sty > blk E 2nd sty (vise versa, under shelter).

:notti:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey neighbours,

- anybody change ur bathrm door 2 bi-fold doors?

- wat is e brand?

- use bak existing door frame?

- if not, then wats e new type of frame? (eg. alum, pvc)

- type of panel? (eg. frosted glass, acrylic)

- price?

- colours & designs available?

- if do not use bak existing door frame, wat is e amount u r being quoted

-- to hack existing door frame?

-- to make good area affected after hacked, including wall tiles?

:jawdrop:

Hey neighbours,

jus 2 add on ->

- blk C is linked 2 multi-storey carpark, at lower storey (if not wrong, up to 8th storey)

- besides 1st storey & sky garden, a person can olso access frm blk A 2nd sty > blk B 2nd sty > MSCP > blk D 2nd sty > blk E 2nd sty (vise versa, under shelter).

:notti:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey neighbours,

- anybody change ur bathrm door 2 bi-fold doors?

- wat is e brand?

- use bak existing door frame?

- if not, then wats e new type of frame? (eg. alum, pvc)

- type of panel? (eg. frosted glass, acrylic)

- price?

- colours & designs available?

- if do not use bak existing door frame, wat is e amount u r being quoted

-- to hack existing door frame?

-- to make good area affected after hacked, including wall tiles?

:jawdrop:

Hi, jaCKY777.

I'm changing both my toilet doors to PD doors which uses back the existing door frame. Panel got different types therefore different prices. Basic one is around S$280+. Colours and design can view at here.

Got this from the noticeboard at the lift lobby.

DSC01331.jpg

Hi Central Horizon,

This is organised by Toa Payoh Central Zone '2' RC, we limited the number of coupon to 100 paxs and issued out all. Sorry for those does not get the coupon. We have plan to do more House Warming Party for Blk A, B, D, & E.

We have invited Dr Ng to join us and he will be coming. This is a gathering party for all residents to get together and know each others, the objective is community bonding, please do not take it as acomplaint session. We can collect feedback from the residents and try help to resolve the issue possible.

Anyone like to have open house or house warming together e-mail to tpcrc2@gmail.com.

Regards

Hi all,

I've just joined the forum & me & my future wife are living in Blk 79B. Renovation works just started last week. Hope to know more friends out there! !!

welcome!:dancingqueen: i like your nick...haha~~~

btw, tonight hopefully is liverpool's night... !!

Hi all,

I've just joined the forum & me & my future wife are living in Blk 79B. Renovation works just started last week. Hope to know more friends out there! !!

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

:dribble:

welcome!!! i like your nick...haha~~~

btw, tonight hopefully is liverpool's night... :dribble:

Go Go Man U..!!

:dancingqueen:

Even if we lose we still top.. !! :dribble: !!

Hey neighbours,

jus 2 add on ->

!!

Just to add-on the add-on

-> Blk B, C & D are linked to MSCP at level 1 to 7 and level 8 to our lovely MSCP rooftop garden.

-> MSCP to ALL 79 blocks can use alternate route via level 2 like what jaCK777 has mentioned, so we can avoid the rain/sun and persistent salesmen !! at level 1 lobby.

Just to add-on the add-on

-> Blk B, C & D are linked to MSCP at level 1 to 7 and level 8 to our lovely MSCP rooftop garden.

-> MSCP to ALL 79 blocks can use alternate route via level 2 like what jaCK777 has mentioned, so we can avoid the rain/sun and persistent salesmen !! at level 1 lobby.

Just to add on also...did you know that we also have a separate lift to the MSCP? This is located at the staircase column at the back of the MSCP at the BlkB side...the lift goes up till the seventh floor and the staircase continues to the Rooftop garden...

Edited by gadgetman