Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Dear neighbours,

Today about 8:30am, we noticed that our tap water was quite cloudy. I thought it was small bubbles from my tap, but realised that it was really cloudy even after allowing the water bubbles to settle down for 2-3 minutes in the clear glass.

Did call PUB to check. Staff required us to stay at home if we want them to inspect the water quality. As we are working and no one is at home to open door, they say they can't do anything. If you notice the cloudy water, can you call PUB (1800-2222 333) to lodge a complain and they will come down in 2 hours time. Operates 24 hours.

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Chocofudge,

We actually had a similar idea last time - just hack of part of the BR2 wall along the MBR walkway and build a wardrobe there. However, HDB had replied to say that we have to remove the whole wall and the supporting lintols, this meant that my MBR and BR2 door frames would have to go as well. We finally scrapped the plan as our renovation progress was already too advanced by the time of notification to have any major hacking done. In the end we settled for a L-shape wardrobe to be built in BR2 (study) instead without any hacking. But because we saved some money on the hacking and reconstruction, we asked for better quality wardrobe to be built to our specification in BR2 instead - as a form of consolation some what. :help:

Do let me know if HDB approves of your hacking approval. it seems like many neighbors got their approval easily. I really like to know if HDB had been fair to me :good:

I would thought it is quite easy to get the approval? All the contractor needs is the approval from PE before he submits to HDB. No door frame needs to be removed as well.

Dear neighbours,

Today about 8:30am, we noticed that our tap water was quite cloudy. I thought it was small bubbles from my tap, but realised that it was really cloudy even after allowing the water bubbles to settle down for 2-3 minutes in the clear glass.

Did call PUB to check. Staff required us to stay at home if we want them to inspect the water quality. As we are working and no one is at home to open door, they say they can't do anything. If you notice the cloudy water, can you call PUB (1800-2222 333) to lodge a complain and they will come down in 2 hours time. Operates 24 hours.

Thanks!

didnt know the colour of the tap water as i am out of my house before that. But there is something wrong wit the 2 lifts serving the higher floors in my block. The door was stuck for longer than usual before the lift can start moving. Cant imagine if i have walk down 30+ storeys every day if both lifts are down :good:

I would thought it is quite easy to get the approval? All the contractor needs is the approval from PE before he submits to HDB. No door frame needs to be removed as well.

I only hacked a bit of the wall to shift the MBR door and the PE took 2 weeks to approve. I did not pester them though. :good:

Finally my renovation can resume this week.

I don't know about cloudy water. But when I flush the toilet, sometimes it sounds like the whole building's pipes are complaining... Very loud "singing" or "screeching".

That's what we thought so too. The PE even gave the endorsement as per the picture, but HDB says cannot just hack a portion, must remove the whole wall and rebuild it again. That's why I suspect it was a case of HDB applying different standards

79c31-39edited.jpg

Edited by gadgetman

Hi Chocofudge,

We actually had a similar idea last time - just hack of part of the BR2 wall along the MBR walkway and build a wardrobe there. However, HDB had replied to say that we have to remove the whole wall and the supporting lintols, this meant that my MBR and BR2 door frames would have to go as well. We finally scrapped the plan as our renovation progress was already too advanced by the time of notification to have any major hacking done. In the end we settled for a L-shape wardrobe to be built in BR2 (study) instead without any hacking. But because we saved some money on the hacking and reconstruction, we asked for better quality wardrobe to be built to our specification in BR2 instead - as a form of consolation some what. :dunno:

Do let me know if HDB approves of your hacking approval. it seems like many neighbors got their approval easily. I really like to know if HDB had been fair to me :unsure:

Hi gadgetman,

My ID is working on it today, and havent hear anything negative from her at the moment.

Seems to be ok from her prior experience. I will be hacking away most of the walkway in the MBR tat connects to the BR2.

Hopefully it gets thru, cos the L-shape wardrobe didnt look too appealing when the drawing came out. Quite a waste of space too, to a certain extent.

I hack mine as well, the approval also took freaking long...

what type of WIW will u be doing?

wardrobe type or pole system?

Using the alumix (sounds something like tat) pole system type. My id advised we take tat instead of the wardrobe kind as it will free up more storage space. Think that shld be good enuff la.

there is a more expensive brand in the market, illumix or something, but it is more more expensive. This illumix is on display at a shop beside the hk cafe on level 3, and a nice set cost more than $3k! !!

Now only crossing fingers tat it gets approved from hdb side...

I don't know about cloudy water. But when I flush the toilet, sometimes it sounds like the whole building's pipes are complaining... Very loud "singing" or "screeching".

you are right abt the screeching. is the loud screeching noise coming from the water pipes outside your flat? is that something that we should be concerned about?

Dear neighbours,

Thanks!

Yes! I noted the other day that the water was quite foamy. At that time, I thought it was due to the shampoo as I was showering my boy, but even after the shampoo rinsed out, the water was still foamy!

Hello GAD

Notice your kitchen area has a pillar at the corner.

And understand that kitchen countertop is 600mm wide. Standard size.

The long wall will be the same width as the pillar.

But the shorter wall, if I am not wrong, is about 700mm, so, will you do the cabinet (600mm) wide or (700mm) wide to be aligement with the pillar? Can it be done?

HAPPY

That's what we thought so too. The PE even gave the endorsement as per the picture, but HDB says cannot just hack a portion, must remove the whole wall and rebuild it again. That's why I suspect it was a case of HDB applying different standards

79c31-39edited.jpg

Hello GAD

Notice your kitchen area has a pillar at the corner.

And understand that kitchen countertop is 600mm wide. Standard size.

The long wall will be the same width as the pillar.

But the shorter wall, if I am not wrong, is about 700mm, so, will you do the cabinet (600mm) wide or (700mm) wide to be aligement with the pillar? Can it be done?

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

I think it can be done cos I ever saw a neighbor did a solid top cabinet that is extraordinary huge to house the washing machine!

For mine, I think the top is the same at 600mm at both sides. if I remember correctly, there was a box-up to cover up the corner and the solid top also flow over quite naturally. I will try to post a picture later

Hi GAD...thanks...I am having a second thought as whether the inner wall be the same width with the pillar.

The countertop will be 100mm more space...now have to talk to my id as I dont know whether my id will want to make this for me or not. Is it difficult? Understand that the countertop will have joint line.

Hi Happy,

I think it can be done cos I ever saw a neighbor did a solid top cabinet that is extraordinary huge to house the washing machine!

For mine, I think the top is the same at 600mm at both sides. if I remember correctly, there was a box-up to cover up the corner and the solid top also flow over quite naturally. I will try to post a picture later

Hi GAD...thanks...I am having a second thought as whether the inner wall be the same width with the pillar.

The countertop will be 100mm more space...now have to talk to my id as I dont know whether my id will want to make this for me or not. Is it difficult? Understand that the countertop will have joint line.

Here's the photo. Doing this will not be difficult at all and the joint line is not even noticeable!

KitchenEdited.jpg

Hi GAD...thanks for your pic...is your cabinet in really in line with the pillar, that's why your id make a 'kerb' to join to the other cabinet? Sorry to ask stupid question... :bangwall:

Here's the photo. Doing this will not be difficult at all and the joint line is not even noticeable!

KitchenEdited.jpg

Hi GAD...thanks for your pic...is your cabinet in really in line with the pillar, that's why your id make a 'kerb' to join to the other cabinet? Sorry to ask stupid question... :bangwall:

Hmmm...let me go home and check first. That reminds me...got to leave the office now!