Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Haha this sounds a bit lame....30 mins for the police to arrive? Prevention is still the best way to avoid crime, in this case, break-ins. One thing's for sure...NOTHING'S FREE in this world.

Citizen neighbourhood petrol any1? Kidding :P

Hi jac,

yes the installation is free, but the service is payable and i think there is a contract of 36 months which cannot be broken once signed. And the whole load of crap about being sent here because of high crime rates is rubbish ah, its all sales talk ah. Actually, i personally think that with the ADT alarm system we are trying to let our "thieves" know which unit to target and try their luck.

I have tried their service at my friends place before and the police came about 30 mins lata. Heres the procedure of their call system.

Step 1: Alarm gets activated after 1-2mins of break-in.

Step 2: ADT receives the signal and starts to call you 3 times with intervals before activating the police. (false activation will resort in warnings from the police to ADT)

Step 3: Police gets activated and rolls themselves down. (U can imagine how long they will take)

Step 4: Thieves only need max of 10-15mins to get what they need and runs.

So the morale of the story is "How long will our Mr Police officer take to reach our homes?"

Hehe.... enjoy.... :notti:

Haha...see that u and I have the same ID...just different persons. Also same place where we bought the lightings.

How's the overall reno? Cheers! :thumbs up:

halo.... anyone got put something like a plastic board at the gate area to prevent dogs from running out the gate?? (dont knw wad is it call.....)

can give me contacts for the person in charge??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
halo.... anyone got put something like a plastic board at the gate area to prevent dogs from running out the gate?? (dont knw wad is it call.....)

Actually I saw a lot of ppl put this at the gate even though they dun have dogs... Anyone knows what is it for? To prevent our dogs from going into their house? haha... :rofl:

I suspect it is for some feng shui purpose... anybody have any idea? :dunno:

TO OUR DEAREST RC CHAIRMAN:

Dear Sir,

This has happened for the 2nd time and I think its getting serious.

Last week when I came back at around 6:30pm, I saw a group of students at 79d sky garden. When I was abt to cross the rd to blk 79, suddenly a ball kicked down from the 12th floor and the students were screaming in joy. As the ball flew down, it hit one window of a unit which we(the passerbys) were quite shocked. Thank God the window didn't break but guess what, one boy in uniform took the lift down from the 12th floor and attempted to throw the ball up to his frens at the sky garden. We conversed over the phone and you said that you will work in hand with the police.

Although I called the police, but it was to no avail as our dear man in dark blue didn't turn up at all and only offered to report this to the toa payoh neighborhood police post. All me and the passerbys could do was to just see them shouting and jeering while standing onto the parapet and holding on to the grilles. What if one of them was to fall? What if the window broke? Who will be responsible?

Today, as I went back at around 5:15, the same thing happened again. Same group of boys, same group of students in the same uniform. This time, the ball did hit a passerby who so luckily had his umbrella opened. the boys run and some of the passerbys shouted up. I decided to take a lift up blk d to see if i could stop the pupils in time (not out of courage i'll admit but more of anger that students are being "Moulded" as such... do take note that the education vision is to "MOULDING THE FUTURE OF OUR NATION"). When i reached the sky garden, the boys of course were not there anymore, but lo and behold, 2 convent girls from a nearby school who took the same lift as me began to sit down, lift up their legs, chit chat, throw their bags around etc. further down nearer to 79e sky garden, a girl in a certain west zone school uniform with a guy was necking so passionately it was disgusting! As i turn back towards 79c, worse, some students were snacking, throwing their rubbish on the floor and glaring at me as if it was their right to do so.

What has our dear sky garden turned into? I must confess that this is a public property but to this extent? I've provided feedback several times that during midnight, i could see teenagers from my window throwing bags of litter down and then cheering at the sky garden.

Dear RC chairman, if you are reading this, pls do something for our residents of this blk. Its really not a safe place and I will like to suggest that something be done soon before babies, unwanted or not, soon begin to be MADE IN BLK 79 TOA PAYOH, before students drop down from the parapet from the 12th floor and before the walls there are being vandalised beyond hope.

The sky garden is here for all of us to enjoy the beauty and serenity of our housing estate. What will young children learn should parents bring them for walks n they get free sex education? What will our young generation learn if the walls and environment is being littered and here we are educating them about our beautiful garden city??? Where can the elderly go and enjoy the breeze and catch up with frens from their previous en bloc flats?

Although this is just an informal posting to inform you of personally how I feel, but I do hope that action will be taken immediately. Thank you.

Dear Sir,

Last week when I came back at around 6:30pm, I saw a group of students at 79d sky garden. When I was abt to cross the rd to blk 79, suddenly a ball kicked down from the 12th floor and the students were screaming in joy. As the ball flew down, it hit one window of a unit which we(the passerbys) were quite shocked. Thank God the window didn't break but guess what, one boy in uniform took the lift down from the 12th floor and attempted to throw the ball up to his frens at the sky garden. We conversed over the phone and you said that you will work in hand with the police.

Although I called the police, but it was to no avail as our dear man in dark blue didn't turn up at all and only offered to report this to the toa payoh neighborhood police post. All me and the passerbys could do was to just see them shouting and jeering while standing onto the parapet and holding on to the grilles. What if one of them was to fall? What if the window broke? Who will be responsible?

Today, as I went back at around 5:15, the same thing happened again. Same group of boys, same group of students in the same uniform. This time, the ball did hit a passerby who so luckily had his umbrella opened. the boys run and some of the passerbys shouted up. I decided to take a lift up blk d to see if i could stop the pupils in time (not out of courage i'll admit but more of anger that students are being "Moulded" as such... do take note that the education vision is to "MOULDING THE FUTURE OF OUR NATION"). When i reached the sky garden, the boys of course were not there anymore, but lo and behold, 2 convent girls from a nearby school who took the same lift as me began to sit down, lift up their legs, chit chat, throw their bags around etc. further down nearer to 79e sky garden, a girl in a certain west zone school uniform with a guy was necking so passionately it was disgusting! As i turn back towards 79c, worse, some students were snacking, throwing their rubbish on the floor and glaring at me as if it was their right to do so.

What has our dear sky garden turned into? I must confess that this is a public property but to this extent? I've provided feedback several times that during midnight, i could see teenagers from my window throwing bags of litter down and then cheering at the sky garden.

Dear RC chairman, if you are reading this, pls do something for our residents of this blk. Its really not a safe place and I will like to suggest that something be done soon before babies, unwanted or not, soon begin to be MADE IN BLK 79 TOA PAYOH, before students drop down from the parapet from the 12th floor and before the walls there are being vandalised beyond hope.

The sky garden is here for all of us to enjoy the beauty and serenity of our housing estate. What will young children learn should parents bring them for walks n they get free sex education? What will our young generation learn if the walls and environment is being littered and here we are educating them about our beautiful garden city??? Where can the elderly go and enjoy the breeze and catch up with frens from their previous en bloc flats?

Although this is just an informal posting to inform you of personally how I feel, but I do hope that action will be taken immediately. Thank you.

Why not juz write in to their schools and lodge an official complain to the NPC and TC. If things are still not being done, someone up there need to do something abt it. By the way i never walk 12 storey unless i really need to get to the other blocks as i too came across these students before and find them a nuisance. Haiz....

Edited by Dracula

Why not juz write in to their schools and lodge an official complain to the NPC and TC. If things are still not being done, someone up there need to do something abt it. By the way i never walk 12 storey unless i really need to get to the other blocks as i too came across these students before and find them a nuisance. Haiz....

I think the same problem will happen to Pinnacle @ Duxton, somemore they have 2 sky gardens.. :o

I think the same problem will happen to Pinnacle @ Duxton, somemore they have 2 sky gardens.. :o

for pinnacle, i heard the 50th storey sky garden is only for residents...the 25th floor will be open to public...but still...worse, that area got alot more tricky issues compared to us in tpy... :dunno:

Dear Sir,

Well done! :good:

Although we do not bypass the Sky Garden everyday, the unsightly graffiti and outrageous behaviors of these punks are just too much already!

I've written to the TC and their reply was that they will clean up the vandalised walls and inform the Police as well. Not too sure what action the matas are going to take... but I am sure it will be another futile half-baked effort.

Maybe I should carry a solid iron spanner with me when I visit the Sky Garden... it will come in handy to knock some cow sense into these freaking punks or maybe break a leg or two! 8|

Dear Sir,

:deal::jawdrop::bow::good:

- if i'm not wrong, in a GRC, there is a mthly meeting by HDB, TC, RC & SPF...

- agenda of meeting includes complains & remedy actions, problems & suggestive solutions etc etc.

- all e 'parties' involved would work closely 2 tackle e 'issues'.

- since a letter had been written & sent 2 e RC Chairman, i presume 'he' wld relay e 'letter of complain' 2 e authorities concerned & take actions.

- lets hope our RCC wont disappoint us.

- lets hope e 'ppl' up there wil do their 'work'.

- lets hope we do not have 2 complain 2 much higher lev, such s e PM Office.

:notti:

- below is extracted frm earlier posts, fyi & necessary actions ->

Toa Payoh Neighbourhood Police Centre

Commanding Officer : DSP Chong Keng Fai Raymond

Address : Co-location with Toa Payoh Community Building at

93, Toa Payoh Central, #01-02, Singapore 319194

Tel : 1800 - 251 9999

Email Address : Chong_Keng_Fai@spf.gov.sg

MP for Toa Payoh Central Blk 79

Dr Ng Eng Hen

Blk 178 Toa Payoh Central, #01-238, S310178

Tel: 6253 8600

Fax: 6253 1249

Email: 75_bsec@pap.org.sg

Meet-The-People Sessions are conducted every TUESDAY* from 8pm (*Except Public Holidays)

Bishan-Toa Payoh Town Council

Toa Payoh Office :

Blk 125A #01-134, Toa Payoh Lorong 2, Singapore 311125

Tel : 6259 6700

Fax : 6259 9626

Email: prm@btptc.org.sg

Toa Payoh Branch Office

Blk 190 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh, #04-510, Singapore 310190

Branch Office Service Line : 1800-2255432

Fax No : 6854-3237

Email : btpadmin@hdb.gov.sg

:rolleyes:

Edited by jaCKY777

Actually I saw a lot of ppl put this at the gate even though they dun have dogs... Anyone knows what is it for? To prevent our dogs from going into their house? haha... :rofl:

I suspect it is for some feng shui purpose... anybody have any idea? :dunno:

Hi shivan,

I think to prevent dust to go in to their unit or to prevent cats from running out from their house.

Babymaro2003

:yamseng:

Hi shercjw,

Can buy from home fix, ownself DIY. Price range $7+ - $30+. Just get around the mid range will do. I can help you to get it if i happened to pass by.

Babymaro2003

For those people that are concern about electrical savings, here is an article that is interesting to read and a device that might be able to help to monitor usage:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../364833/1/.html

Hmmm...sounds interesting.... $200 leh.

But who install? our own electricians ah?

Installation might cost another $60-$80 i presume.

SO the total might be up to $300 for the device. Must seriously consider man, bo $$$ already. :notti:

This is the product and more of its info, if anyone is interested.

E-Track

Edited by Dracula

Dear Sir,

It is quite sad the way kids are behaving these days. Have they received any form of moral education or is this a sad case of busy Singaporeans neglecting their kids and allowing them get out-of-control?

"Moulding" is a nice word, but it is really just the use of FORCE and PRESSURE on a subject until it CONFORMS to a certain SHAPE!

If the schools and parents cannot use the necessary force and pressure, maybe the community can do something instead. Send them a strong message that their behavior is simply unacceptable and let them have something serious to think about! Like one famous doctor always used to say (and Strawberrypear knows this), "If you don't discipline your child now, someday the police will do it for you!"

Let these students know that there will be CONSEQUENCES for their unruly behaviour! Hit them where it hurts most: Their pride and reputation! And they will simply have to accept punishment by the law for their actions! Who knows, maybe we are even doing them a big favor if we can wake up their ideas now - before they sink even deeper!

The solution is really simple: Photo evidences to be sent to the police stations, schools and if we are really mean: STOMP! Many times the police cannot do anything because the pransker ran away before they can be caught in the act. With photo evidences, a picture says a thousand words - so appropriate punishment can be dealt with. The last I know, graffiti is an offence punishable by CANING! And we even caned an American, despite pleas of cleamency from the US President. One smack and I am sure they will wake up their ideas!

So they still wanna smooch smooch and hug hug in their school uniforms? Well, I am sure their school Principals will be very interested to look into such matters too, not forgetting their parents too! Come on, this is Singapore, no respectable school will allow its good name to be tarnished. If such matters goes public, I am sure heavy punishment will follow. And once the word is out, I am sure students from these schools will avoid our Sky Garden like the plague! And we can have our peaceful garden back :notti:

Edited by gadgetman

I think we must also do our part. If we see anyone defacing the walls or throw stuffs, tell them off.

Once I saw a group of 3 kids throwing leftover titbits boxes, I called out to them. "Excuse me, u just "dropped" ur boxes on the floor !". They peiseh come pick it up. Let's all do some action if we see them. Take photo of them and tell them it will be reported to their sch etc..

I think the RC members are trying to help us as well, let's give them a chance. We have a Renotalk member who is also a RC member, and I am sure he will try to help us if it can be done. Sometimes they need more time or our help with evidence - eg photos.

Hmmm...sounds interesting.... $200 leh.

But who install? our own electricians ah?

Installation might cost another $60-$80 i presume.

SO the total might be up to $300 for the device. Must seriously consider man, bo $$$ already. :notti:

This is the product and more of its info, if anyone is interested.

E-Track

yeah lor i see the price also sian 1/2. pok to the max liao so i cannot afford also :dunno::dunno:

This month my bill quite okay so dun need for it yet. :unsure::unsure:

It's not only now that students are 'misbehaving'. It has been like that since dunno when (my time also the same). It's a part and parcel of growing up for them. There'll definitely be some who 'misbehave' but saying this, I;m not condoning their actions. Recently saw a really young couple making-out at my parents' place's staircase...was taken by surprise...haha. They didnt even bother when I was there. Free show? ;) They're everywhere!

I agree that we should write in to the schools too. Snap pictures and videos & let the disciplinary master handle this. :good:

Sad to say that there're pros and cons of staying in a tall building like ours. Not being sceptical but I see our beloved 79 turning into a suicidal block where ppl will jump down. Pardon me for saying this now. I remembered a fren who stays at the Queens...the tallest building in that area then. Immediately once the condo is opened, there're cases of ppl jumping down from it. Not residents but ppl from outside the condo. :unsure:

It is quite sad the way kids are behaving these days. Have they received any form of moral education or is this a sad case of busy Singaporeans neglecting their kids and allowing them get out-of-control?

"Moulding" is a nice word, but it is really just the use of FORCE and PRESSURE on a subject until it CONFORMS to a certain SHAPE!

If the schools and parents cannot use the necessary force and pressure, maybe the community can do something instead. Send them a strong message that their behavior is simply unacceptable and let them have something serious to think about! Like one famous doctor always used to say (and Strawberrypear knows this), "If you don't discipline your child now, someday the police will do it for you!"

Let these students know that there will be CONSEQUENCES for their unruly behaviour! Hit them where it hurts most: Their pride and reputation! And they will simply have to accept punishment by the law for their actions! Who knows, maybe we are even doing them a big favor if we can wake up their ideas now - before they sink even deeper!

The solution is really simple: Photo evidences to be sent to the police stations, schools and if we are really mean: STOMP! Many times the police cannot do anything because the pransker ran away before they can be caught in the act. With photo evidences, a picture says a thousand words - so appropriate punishment can be dealt with. The last I know, graffiti is an offence punishable by CANING! And we even caned an American, despite pleas of cleamency from the US President. One smack and I am sure they will wake up their ideas!

So they still wanna smooch smooch and hug hug in their school uniforms? Well, I am sure their school Principals will be very interested to look into such matters too, not forgetting their parents too! Come on, this is Singapore, no respectable school will allow its good name to be tarnished. If such matters goes public, I am sure heavy punishment will follow. And once the word is out, I am sure students from these schools will avoid our Sky Garden like the plague! And we can have our peaceful garden back :notti:

Actually imho, I do not see the need for such a device since our home is quite small. :rolleyes:

It would be most effective in a landed property where there are many rooms and many inhabitants. Just be a bit more conscious to switch off appliances when not in use => that'll do just fine. :thumbs up:

On a side-note, have any1 heard of biometric door locks?

yeah lor i see the price also sian 1/2. pok to the max liao so i cannot afford also :dunno::dunno:

This month my bill quite okay so dun need for it yet. :unsure::unsure:

Edited by Vlanze