Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Maybe u should have heard how much the en-bloc ppl got it before the rebates man..... you will be shocked....

estimate to be a difference from feb ballot of about 80k to 100k

:curse::curse::curse:

Yep, I more or less know but then again, guess the en-bloc ppl have extra disc since it's an en-bloc. What to do? Live with it.

Just happy we got our place here... :D

- u r rite man. :sport-smiley-003:

- basically, SERS ppl who had :

1) lived in e ext'g flat > 5yrs, wld b buying e replacement flat at 20% discount of dat prevailing market worth of new flat + $30k reno grant.

2) lived in e ext'g flat < 5yrs, wld b buying e replacement flat at 20% discount of dat prevailing market worth of new flat. Dis grp of ppl includes those who buy e flats after it is announced enbloc.

- on my level, > half of e total nos. of units r frm SERS. Had a brief chat e other day wif 1 of e neighbour.

- we hav e same layout but our units r at e opp. end on e same level.

- if i recal correctly, e price difference during my purchase period is abt $1-2k due to orientation.

- my neighbour asked abt my purchased price & told mi abt her purchased price.

- e difference is abt $100K :jawdrop:

- those elderly couple who do not hav outstanding hdb loan & opt 2 take a smaller 75sqm unit, basically, they nid 2 fork out only $2-3k 'paperwork' fees.

- if they cant fork out e $, they can opt 2 pay by installment which is merely $1-2 hundreds for a few yrs.

- basically, its Old Smaller Flat Replaced By New Bigger Flat. Many of them r so delighted. i had seen many, in fact, too many a happy wrinkler faces. :dancingqueen:

- SERS benefits etc were discussed in e earlier earlier postings. Aniway, its useless 2 look bak. :P

:rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- any1 here is electrically trained?

- i got sum quiries on light switches wiring lei.

- any1 can ans?

:unsure:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

sorry side track a bit...I got a pblm with my lights...think the ballast fused again for the 2nd time

Actually when the first time they were fixing it up, the ballast fused then the light shop says this ballast shouldn't fused so easily...can last 10-20yrs one....says is the electrical guys fault...but they change a new ballast for me ultimately due to goodwill....now after few mths moving in....fused again.....what should i do leh ???

Should i take down the whole light bring back to the light shop or call my ID to get the electrical guys to come look at it.

:dunno::bangwall::dunno::bangwall::dunno:

hi all,

do anyone of you have Canon SLR flash that I can borrow for 2 days? Thanks :D

Wow big day coming. Congrats sis! Must look pretty! :D

haha thanks... look like POS now.... hahahahaha :bangwall::bangwall:

What is POS?

anyway congrats to you and your hubby and wishes you have a blissful marriage. :dancingqueen:

Dear Ms Lau

Thank you once again for your email. We would like to clarify that the market pump price we refer to is the net price after discounts. In December 2007, this figure was $1.19 while the $1.523 as you have mentioned refers to the market retail price before discount. We are closely monitoring pump prices and when the net market price comes down to $1.19, we will remove the surcharge as we have committed. ComfortDelGro has been heavily subsidising our drivers for the sale of diesel, so much so that the company in the second quarter of this year, the company incurred an $11.3 million loss on the sale of diesel.

Regards,

Belinda

We all know these leechers are in cahoots since Day One... Hong Kong gahmen is cutting their electricity charges by 3%... now, even our brother up North is cutting fuel prices!

Only in Lee Inc... you'll find that anything & everything can and definitely will be inflated further by these bloodsuckers. Uniquely Sinkapore indeed!

CASE??? LOL... it's another wayang body to hoodwink & "appease" the peasants when the need arises. Nothing much they will and can do anyway... don't forget who's the head of CASE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M'sia cuts fuel price by 6.1%

Tue, Oct 14, 2008

AFP

KUALA LUMPUR - MALAYSIA on Wednesday cut petrol prices by 6.1 per cent amid a fall in world oil prices.

Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi said the price of petrol would be cut by 15 sen to 2.30 ringgit (S$1) a litre while diesel prices would fall by 20 sen to 2.20 ringgit effective on Wednesday.

It is the third time the government has cut fuel prices since a 41 percent hike in June on the back of soaring crude costs - a 3.9 per cent cut was introduced last month.

The massive rise in June sparked angry street protests and calls for Abdullah to quit. The prime minister later said prices would be reviewed periodically based on the cost of oil.

'Because oil prices have fallen sharply in recent times, the government has decided to cut fuel prices to allow the masses to benefit (from) lower prices,' Mr Abdullah said in a statement.

June's hike saw inflation skyrocket, with the August price index reaching a 26-year high of 8.5 per cent, driven by the escalating cost of food and fuel.

Opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim, who is mounting an aggressive challenge against Mr Abdullah's leadership, has promised to cut fuel prices substantially if he wrests power from the ruling coalition.

“Singapore could face another round of inflation if companies increase wages to help workers cope with the higher cost of living…” - Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam, 9th July 2008, CNA

POS = piece of shIIIIt

:notti::notti::notti:

hahaha.. thanks ar...

Haha ! A good one !

Let me share some light moments as well...

A magazine recently ran a "Dilbert quotes" contest. They were looking for people to submit quotes from their real-life dilbert-type managers.

Here are the top ten finalists:

1. "As of tomorrow, employees will only be able to access the building using individual security cards. Pictures will be taken next Wednesday and employees will receive their cards in two weeks."

(This was the winning quote from Fred Dales, Microsoft Corp. in Redmond, WA)

2. "What I need is an exact list of specific unknown problems we might encounter." (Lykes Lines Shipping)

3. "E-mail is not to be used to pass on information or data. It should be used only for company business."

(Accounting manager, Electric Boat Company)

4. "This project is so important, we can't let things that are more important interfere with it."

(Advertising/Marketing manager, United Parcel Service)

5. "Doing it right is no excuse for not meeting the schedule." (Plant manager, Delco Corporation)

6. "No one will believe you solved this problem in one day! We've been working on it for months. Now, go act busy for a few weeks and I'll let you know when it's time to tell them."

(R&D supervisor, Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing/3M Corp.)

7. Quote from the Boss: "Teamwork is a lot of people doing what I say." (Marketing executive, Citrix Corporation)

8. My sister passed away and her funeral was scheduled for Monday. When I told my Boss, he said she died on purpose so that I would have to miss work on the busiest day of the year. He then asked if we could change her burial to Friday. He said, "That would be better for me." (Shipping executive, FTD Florists)

9. "We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees." (Switching supervisor, AT&T Long Lines Division)

10. One day my Boss asked me to submit a status report to him concerning a project I was working on. I asked him if tomorrow would be soon enough. He said, "If I wanted it tomorrow, I would have waited until tomorrow to ask for it!" (Hallmark Cards Executive)

Haha ! A good one !

Let me share some light moments as well...

A magazine recently ran a "Dilbert quotes" contest. They were looking for people to submit quotes from their real-life dilbert-type managers.

Here are the top ten finalists:

1. "As of tomorrow, employees will only be able to access the building using individual security cards. Pictures will be taken next Wednesday and employees will receive their cards in two weeks."

(This was the winning quote from Fred Dales, Microsoft Corp. in Redmond, WA)

2. "What I need is an exact list of specific unknown problems we might encounter." (Lykes Lines Shipping)

3. "E-mail is not to be used to pass on information or data. It should be used only for company business."

(Accounting manager, Electric Boat Company)

4. "This project is so important, we can't let things that are more important interfere with it."

(Advertising/Marketing manager, United Parcel Service)

5. "Doing it right is no excuse for not meeting the schedule." (Plant manager, Delco Corporation)

6. "No one will believe you solved this problem in one day! We've been working on it for months. Now, go act busy for a few weeks and I'll let you know when it's time to tell them."

(R&D supervisor, Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing/3M Corp.)

7. Quote from the Boss: "Teamwork is a lot of people doing what I say." (Marketing executive, Citrix Corporation)

8. My sister passed away and her funeral was scheduled for Monday. When I told my Boss, he said she died on purpose so that I would have to miss work on the busiest day of the year. He then asked if we could change her burial to Friday. He said, "That would be better for me." (Shipping executive, FTD Florists)

9. "We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees." (Switching supervisor, AT&T Long Lines Division)

10. One day my Boss asked me to submit a status report to him concerning a project I was working on. I asked him if tomorrow would be soon enough. He said, "If I wanted it tomorrow, I would have waited until tomorrow to ask for it!" (Hallmark Cards Executive)

Haha.... This is Hilarious man! Nice one!

:drunk::drunk:

I like point 6. Don't shoot me hor.

Signs that lead to misunderstanding

1. In a restroom: TOILET OUT OF ORDER. PLEASE USE FLOOR BELOW

2. In a Laundromat: AUTOMATIC WASHING MACHINES: PLEASE REMOVE ALL YOUR CLOTHES WHEN THE LIGHT GOES OUT

3. In a London department store: BARGAIN BASEMENT UPSTAIRS

4. In an office: WOULD THE PERSON WHO TOOK THE STEP LADDER YESTERDAY PLEASE BRING IT BACK OR

FURTHER STEPS WILL BE TAKEN

5. In another office: AFTER TEA BREAK STAFF SHOULD EMPTY THE TEAPOT AND STAND UPSIDE DOWN ON THE DRAINING BOARD

6. Outside a second-hand shop: WE EXCHANGE ANYTHING - BICYCLES, WASHING MACHINES, ETC. WHY NOT BRING YOUR WIFE ALONG AND GET A WONDERFUL BARGAIN?

7. Notice in health food shop window: CLOSED DUE TO ILLNESS

8. Spotted in a safari park : ELEPHANTS PLEASE STAY IN YOUR CAR

9. Seen during a conference: FOR ANYONE WHO HAS CHILDREN AND DOESN'T KNOW IT, THERE IS A DAY CARE ON THE 1ST FLOOR

10. Notice in a farmer's field: THE FARMER ALLOWS WALKERS TO CROSS THE FIELD FOR FREE, BUT THE BULL CHARGES.

11. Message on a leaflet: IF YOU CANNOT READ, THIS LEAFLET WILL TELL YOU HOW TO GET LESSONS

12. On a repair shop door: WE CAN REPAIR ANYTHING.

(PLEASE KNOCK HARD ON THE DOOR - THE BELL DOESN'T WORK)

Totally agreed, what a load of cow dung!.. I only pity the cab drivers.

Waa, long time didn't loging and so many things have taken place :jawdrop:

Hi Redwyrm,

I believe the 30c surcharge goes to the cab driver, not the taxi company. We are the ones to be pitied. :(

sorry side track a bit...I got a pblm with my lights...think the ballast fused again for the 2nd time

Actually when the first time they were fixing it up, the ballast fused then the light shop says this ballast shouldn't fused so easily...can last 10-20yrs one....says is the electrical guys fault...but they change a new ballast for me ultimately due to goodwill....now after few mths moving in....fused again.....what should i do leh ???

Should i take down the whole light bring back to the light shop or call my ID to get the electrical guys to come look at it.

:dunno::bangwall::dunno::bangwall::dunno:

Is this just 1 light only? If you are handy with tools, you can swap with another light to see if there is a problem with the ballast, then you will be able to isolate the problem - installation or ballast

Waa, long time didn't loging and so many things have taken place :jawdrop:

Hi Redwyrm,

I believe the 30c surcharge goes to the cab driver, not the taxi company. We are the ones to be pitied. :(

Is this just 1 light only? If you are handy with tools, you can swap with another light to see if there is a problem with the ballast, then you will be able to isolate the problem - installation or ballast

Yap but like what I said before, we as commuters we can take other transport, but the driver cannot don't take passengers. I think most of the cabbies would rather like to have their rental fee lower than increase taxi charges, and is their company who implement the charges.

Just my humble opinion. :P