Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Dear Babymaro, then I understand the plight ur in since ud mentioned it more precisely. Its tough on u, and even for me as a parent or any parents out there would ve deemed it unacceptable when children are making terrible noises and parents are turning a blind eye to. :furious:

Just let me share wth u a bit of my side story. My two kids r very close in gap and they wer born hyperactive. :sport-smiley-004: Yes, hyperactive in a sense they cant sit still for more thn 15 mins. U can say that they r like monkeys outside but thkfully, they were not the worst of rascals 8| Being a parent, it tires us in and out instilling special discipline in managing them. It really needs geat efforts, endurance, patience n skills to tackle these kind of kids n also stares frm outsiders :bangwall: Fortunately,my past experience being a child psychlogst paid off.

The neighbour ud mentioned mght d not care less or maybe even tire out of their own efforts. Hopefully one day, I could meet them n perhaps advised them a word or two.

Whatever it is, thx for highlighting bck to me again. :yamseng:

Hi pojo

Welcome to the forum. Gd thing u understand and not get so work up. I also hv 2 monkeys at hm. One is 2.5yrs old and the other 9mths. Both hyperactive as well. So I'm sure u understand the war the family is going thru as well.

I hv beaten the backside of the elder one under there is a thick layer liao. 8| Now like "begging" him to behave everyday. :bow: Headache. :curse:

Can contact me ? Need your advice badly. :bow:

Hi Jacky,

U mention for SERS. they get a $30k reno grant? Is it a loan or cash in advance? cos there no mention of such a grant on hdb website.

There is a $30k discount from the flat price, so technically it's not a reno loan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did anyone notice there were fireworks last two nights ?

On Sun at midnite, there were abt few minutes of fireworks towards the shenton way area.

Then last nite at midnite, there were again fireworks towards whampoa area. This time I think it's illegal as fireworks were very low, but still actual fireworks. Lasted about 1 min.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last evening at abt 7pm, opp our flat, we saw a couple fighting with people from design professional. Chairs, tables were thrown around and alot of pushing and shoving.

As my kids were with me, we didn't stay to see the ending. Did anyone saw it as well ?

Edited by alister

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi All,

My rain roller screen is finally installed after almost 2 months of waiting from the date of submission to HDB Branch Office.

Here are the pictures.

Rain roller screen up

IMG_4104.jpg

Rain roller screen down

IMG_4102.jpg

:notti:

Hi Alister, as much as I understnd the irony of others on misbehaved children, I totally understand the state we parents ve to go through wth our own. Basically, ask around any parents wth kids, no matter how obedient a child could be, they would crossed a point of time which would put parents in a dilemma.

As I could see, ur kids r very young and thats a time where thy love to explore and be naughty. I would try my best to help u in this kind of situation, especially those hyperactive ones.

Hyperactive kids tend to indulged in their own world of fun but thy r not totally oblivious of whts happening arnd them.

1)Punishment as caning is a must but limit it to 3times a day. Howevr its advisable to cane them on their hands rather than their bottoms as its the most delicate part of a child.(we wouldnt want thm to suffer any internal injuries in future) Give a stern warning that a stroke would be given evrytm they misbehaved followed by an explanation why they were punished. Children nowadays r unlike those of our times. U can cane them countless times only to find them repeating it again. Let them be afraid of u out of respect n knowledge not jst because being feared of caning. Some would rebel on a later stage. Never beat them wth our bare hands coz a child tends to take it personal that way.

2)Try to limit their Tv programmes. The flashes thy get frm watching TV would hyped them further. Spend time wth them reading, singing or evn doing silly thngs like dancing or cracking jokes wth thm. make thm do hands on activities, thy love playing water espcially so fill a tub wth toys n thy would v hours of fun.

3) Be firm but loving to a child. Set limits n be consistent. Try to find their gd points and gave praises. Let them felt their positive behaviour rather than d negative ones. Encourage their strong points constantly. Respond to any positive behaviour however small. Thy would felt appreciated n gradually u would see their change of behaviour.

4)A child grows wth the environment thy r in. We tend to scream n shout and thats how thy tend to follow us. Ignore thm whn u really felt ur anger gets to d brim. Try controlling our emotions first before we control them. Always remember that we as parents r in control of them not d otherwise.

5)Put on soothing music in d house. It doesnt only calm dwn a child but the parents s well.

I knew it sounds easy but we have to try our best to help our child coz only parents knew n undrstand their child thn anyone else. As much as we need support, they need it frm us too. It would take time and a great deal of patience but rest assured any child could change. Trust ur child n urself. Gd luck!

Hi Alister, as much as I understnd the irony of others on misbehaved children, I totally understand the state we parents ve to go through wth our own. Basically, ask around any parents wth kids, no matter how obedient a child could be, they would crossed a point of time which would put parents in a dilemma.

As I could see, ur kids r very young and thats a time where thy love to explore and be naughty. I would try my best to help u in this kind of situation, especially those hyperactive ones.

Hyperactive kids tend to indulged in their own world of fun but thy r not totally oblivious of whts happening arnd them.

1)Punishment as caning is a must but limit it to 3times a day. Howevr its advisable to cane them on their hands rather than their bottoms as its the most delicate part of a child.(we wouldnt want thm to suffer any internal injuries in future) Give a stern warning that a stroke would be given evrytm they misbehaved followed by an explanation why they were punished. Children nowadays r unlike those of our times. U can cane them countless times only to find them repeating it again. Let them be afraid of u out of respect n knowledge not jst because being feared of caning. Some would rebel on a later stage. Never beat them wth our bare hands coz a child tends to take it personal that way.

2)Try to limit their Tv programmes. The flashes thy get frm watching TV would hyped them further. Spend time wth them reading, singing or evn doing silly thngs like dancing or cracking jokes wth thm. make thm do hands on activities, thy love playing water espcially so fill a tub wth toys n thy would v hours of fun.

3) Be firm but loving to a child. Set limits n be consistent. Try to find their gd points and gave praises. Let them felt their positive behaviour rather than d negative ones. Encourage their strong points constantly. Respond to any positive behaviour however small. Thy would felt appreciated n gradually u would see their change of behaviour.

4)A child grows wth the environment thy r in. We tend to scream n shout and thats how thy tend to follow us. Ignore thm whn u really felt ur anger gets to d brim. Try controlling our emotions first before we control them. Always remember that we as parents r in control of them not d otherwise.

5)Put on soothing music in d house. It doesnt only calm dwn a child but the parents s well.

I knew it sounds easy but we have to try our best to help our child coz only parents knew n undrstand their child thn anyone else. As much as we need support, they need it frm us too. It would take time and a great deal of patience but rest assured any child could change. Trust ur child n urself. Gd luck!

Wah..... got kids so troublesome ah..... hmmm.... I guess maybe we just see other ppl's kids will do ah.... sounds like a nightmare to be in parenthood.

My wife scared pain and we dun dare to hold the baby (scared drop)... Hehehe.... so I guess it will be difficult for us to have kids ah....

:notti:

Looks good, Shivan!

I decide not to ask HDB to put up the roller blinds as i dont agree with the Terms and conditions stated in their letter.

No choice... the rain is destroying my door, gate and lock... all turning rusty... :furious:

No choice... the rain is destroying my door, gate and lock... all turning rusty... :furious:

hahaha shivan.. is that why u commented on my "still shiny" castle lock last night??? :P

Wow. Great pointers!

But about consistency, it is quite difficult as we are not always around the whole day, so the child will easily get pampered by the grandparents.

Should have ask the HDB guy to make it long enough so that can cover my place also..haha.. :P

Hi,

Few weeks ago, someone mention about having contact of gara guni. Can I have it? What is the market rate now of old newspaper? Those newspaper is almost hitting the ceiling. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi,

Few weeks ago, someone mention about having contact of gara guni. Can I have it? What is the market rate now of old newspaper? Those newspaper is almost hitting the ceiling. :sport-smiley-004:

Sorry that's me. contact is 96217496. He comes around on weekends. Give him a call.

For the rates, I'm not sure. He told me the price has dropped. But you should get at least a few dollars. I was given $2 plus for a stack about knee height.

Just found out that a TCS actor staying my block #39. I think he still part of TCS although he is not in any of the show nowsaday.

he is chen tianwen right? I heard from my mother said so. Forget he stay at block A or B. :notti:

Sorry that's me. contact is 96217496. He comes around on weekends. Give him a call.

For the rates, I'm not sure. He told me the price has dropped. But you should get at least a few dollars. I was given $2 plus for a stack about knee height.

That man is a Chinese? Last few days, saw from news, did said that now newspaper rate had dropped alot. :(

he is chen tianwen right? I heard from my mother said so. Forget he stay at block A or B. :notti:

That man is a Chinese? Last few days, saw from news, did said that now newspaper rate had dropped alot. :(

Chen Tian Wen used to stay in blk 28 before moving over. Most of the time wearing a cap.

Yes, the gara guni is a singaporean chinese uncle.