Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Yahoo News

Reuters - Monday, November 10

Chinese actress Gong Li becomes a Singaporean - paper

SINGAPORE, Nov 10 - Chinese actress Gong Li, the glamorous siren who made a successful crossover to Hollywood, has become a Singaporean, a local newspaper reported on Monday.

Li, 43, rose to fame as a star of lush Chinese moves such as "Red Sorghum", "Raise the Red Lantern" and "Farewell my Concubine" before earning wider fame in Hollywood films such as "Memoirs of a Geisha", "Miami Vice" and "Hanibal Rising".

Li, who is married to a local tobacco businessman, raised the hackles of some Singaporeans in August when she failed to show up at a citizenship ceremony.

They felt the actress, who was filming a movie overseas at the time, was showing disrespect to her new home.

But the newspaper carried a picture on Monday of Li at a citizenship ceremony, swearing allegiance along with 149 other new citizens.

- another FT is here...

:jawdrop:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Yahoo News

Reuters - Monday, November 10

Chinese actress Gong Li becomes a Singaporean - paper

SINGAPORE, Nov 10 - Chinese actress Gong Li, the glamorous siren who made a successful crossover to Hollywood, has become a Singaporean, a local newspaper reported on Monday.

Li, 43, rose to fame as a star of lush Chinese moves such as "Red Sorghum", "Raise the Red Lantern" and "Farewell my Concubine" before earning wider fame in Hollywood films such as "Memoirs of a Geisha", "Miami Vice" and "Hanibal Rising".

Li, who is married to a local tobacco businessman, raised the hackles of some Singaporeans in August when she failed to show up at a citizenship ceremony.

They felt the actress, who was filming a movie overseas at the time, was showing disrespect to her new home.

But the newspaper carried a picture on Monday of Li at a citizenship ceremony, swearing allegiance along with 149 other new citizens.

- another FT is here...

:jawdrop:

This FT is fiery hot! Zoe Tay beware! You're going to be dethroned soon.

I meant fiery hot in the temperamental kind of sense. She's known to be a diva on set. Then she's also not as high-class and well-mannered as you think she is. You can bring the girl out of the kampong, but you can't bring the kampong out of the girl.

So next election, our PM may enlist her to be part of his contingent since she's now part of the AMK community?? The Curse of the Golden Talent??

- how u scan e newspaper img huh, esp bigger than A3 size?

- unless its only a small clip.

The article smaller than A4, so still can fit in scanner. If bigger, can always split and scan separately then use Photoshop join loh.

Horrendous customer service of Samsung Contact Centre

Please avoid purchasing any Samsung products as the service level by their customer care in Toh Guan is beyond description in the English language. Your new purchase may turn into a nightmare when it breaks down.

Last Saturday, I merely wanted to purchase a replacement remote control for my LCD TV which had broken down in less than 6 months. As such, I called them at 9.30am to check and maybe rush down to purchase (They open from 8.30am – 12.30pm on Saturdays, the only day I’m available to go down to purchase) .The customer care guy told me they have to email the parts department (they claim they can’t contact them via telephone) and that the parts department will call me within half an hour. Guess what, after making 4 calls back to Samsung over 4 hours, no one actually called me back to update on my enquiry and I was pissing mad after wasting a precious Saturday waiting in vain for them to get back. :furious::furious:

My repeated attempts and request to speak to the customer service manager was also met with contempt. The customer service manager seems to be avoiding taking my calls and kept saying she will call me back but guess what? I have never heard a single word from them.. :furious:

Only after my sixth or seventh call today (Tuesday), did I managed to squeeze a reply out of them on the status of the stock availability of the remote control. I really don’t understand why it is so difficult to check on the stock availability of such a common replacement part and why they need 3 working days to communicate with their parts department (apparently in the same building) and get back to us only after repeated attempts to push them for a reply.

Samsung products may be much cheaper than their Japanese counterparts but is it worth the small difference in price to have to endure such level of service should the product in your home breaks down, I strongly doubt so.. So, please think twice or even thrice when making a decision to purchase that nice LCD TV or appliances from Samsung that you’ve been eyeing. 8|

Looks good, Shivan!

I decide not to ask HDB to put up the roller blinds as i dont agree with the Terms and conditions stated in their letter.

Guess what... My Rain roller blinds is spoilt already! :furious:

I suspect 1 of my neighbour itchy finger tried to roll it up when I left it down the whole day cos now is rainy season. They don't know that there is a hook at the bottom... must unhook it before rolling it up. They must have tried to roll it up forcefully and in the process tear the blinds from the base. 8|

I can understand why they want to roll it up cos when I leave it down, it blocks off light and wind from the corridor. I think their plants are dying... haha...

I think I must conduct a training session on how to use the blinds for my neighbours after HDB repairs it... I dun mind them rolling it up when it is not raining but they must know how to use it properly... :(

Please avoid purchasing any Samsung products as the service level by their customer care in Toh Guan is beyond description in the English language. Your new purchase may turn into a nightmare when it breaks down.

Last Saturday, I merely wanted to purchase a replacement remote control for my LCD TV which had broken down in less than 6 months. As such, I called them at 9.30am to check and maybe rush down to purchase (They open from 8.30am – 12.30pm on Saturdays, the only day I’m available to go down to purchase) .The customer care guy told me they have to email the parts department (they claim they can’t contact them via telephone) and that the parts department will call me within half an hour. Guess what, after making 4 calls back to Samsung over 4 hours, no one actually called me back to update on my enquiry and I was pissing mad after wasting a precious Saturday waiting in vain for them to get back. :furious::furious:

My repeated attempts and request to speak to the customer service manager was also met with contempt. The customer service manager seems to be avoiding taking my calls and kept saying she will call me back but guess what? I have never heard a single word from them.. :furious:

Only after my sixth or seventh call today (Tuesday), did I managed to squeeze a reply out of them on the status of the stock availability of the remote control. I really don’t understand why it is so difficult to check on the stock availability of such a common replacement part and why they need 3 working days to communicate with their parts department (apparently in the same building) and get back to us only after repeated attempts to push them for a reply.

Samsung products may be much cheaper than their Japanese counterparts but is it worth the small difference in price to have to endure such level of service should the product in your home breaks down, I strongly doubt so.. So, please think twice or even thrice when making a decision to purchase that nice LCD TV or appliances from Samsung that you’ve been eyeing. 8|

Sinkieland's Customer Service standard has always been at such pathetic level. They're just aping the level of service in our gahmen civil service, plenty of beautiful tai-chi moves.

Maybe you want to try the uncle opposite our flats, near to the Tree Temple? He sells OEM remote controls for various electronic equipments, from TV to aircons, etc. He has this makeshift table displaying a variety of remote controllers. I think cheaper and may save you the torture of going back to Samsung! Just not too sure if he has remotes for the newer TV models though??

You are not the first..my friend LCD panel broke down and the 3rd party service centre said he has to wait for 3 wks+ for Samsung to SHIP the replacement part. My friend did not buy that and he talked to the manager and said that he don't care and he wants his TV back in a week if not he will post this bad service rendered by a top korean brand in the Straitstimes forum. Guess what Samsung DHL the panel over and he got his TV on time. :notti::notti:

Sometimes we have to use the hard way to remind them that customer rights is always the first.. :notti::notti:

Guess what... My Rain roller blinds is spoilt already! :furious:

I suspect 1 of my neighbour itchy finger tried to roll it up when I left it down the whole day cos now is rainy season. They don't know that there is a hook at the bottom... must unhook it before rolling it up. They must have tried to roll it up forcefully and in the process tear the blinds from the base. 8|

I can understand why they want to roll it up cos when I leave it down, it blocks off light and wind from the corridor. I think their plants are dying... haha...

I think I must conduct a training session on how to use the blinds for my neighbours after HDB repairs it... I dun mind them rolling it up when it is not raining but they must know how to use it properly... :(

Wah so fast? When I discussed the roller blind issue with my neighbour, also have the same issue as you..ie when to roll up..when to roll down? if roll down, no sun light, no wind..etc etc.

also dont want to spoil relations, that's why in the end decide not to do it.

there is no warranty period for the blinds?

sinming091108zq0.jpg

what's that orange splatter on the walls? dont tell me it's the grey matter.. :jawdrop:

Hi Neighbours,

Does anyone has a good part-time cleaner to recommend? I'm looking for a part time auntie to come in twice a month to do cleaning.

No PRCs or Pei-Du Mama please... I support employments for Singaporeans only.............

Anyone tried the new Bak Ku Teh shop at blk 177 ? Is it recommended ?

Erm, I've reservation in term of service and quality of the food la. The "cai bey" and "peanut" cost $2.8 per plate. The normal bak ku teh is around 6+ per bowl. 4 person makan already $33+. Consider quite expensive, but they provide aircon and TV, mayb tats y abit exp. Soup not very fantastic. Service bit slow, the staffs "hands busy, legs messy", the boss's young children even roped in to help, they properly new started up la. IMHO, been there, done tat, tat's it. Up to individual taste and standard la... Still can try out.. :yamseng:

Anyone tried the new Bak Ku Teh shop at blk 177 ? Is it recommended ?

Went to try it out on Wednesday with Meowie & Babymaro... like what Congee said, so-so only. In fact, for that kind of price, not really worth it. The bill for the 3 of us came up to $37+ after a special promo 10% discount.

The Herbal BKT is $9.80 per bowl. Normal BKT is I think $6+. The meat was miserable, only scraps of meat and plenty of bone, way too much. Maybe should have requested for the ribs portion instead. The meat wasn't the kind of tender & "slide off the bone" type I was expecting. It was a tad tough and dry! Overcooked??

But the let down part was the soup base. It was simply too bland. Maybe I'm used to the more "power" type of BKT, not peppery but with kick. But it just didn't taste like a herbal BKT soup at all. More like some kind of pork bone soup with a slight wolfberry after-taste. Every time I have a good BKT meal, I will be pespiring when I'm done. You know that sweaty but shiok feeling of a good meal? No such thing here. Maybe the aircon was too powerful???

Service staff mostly PRC helped out by some family members, including some very young kids. Surprisingly, the place was almost packed that night??!

I guess it's more of a restaurant setting with restaurant prices. 10% service charge. No GST. No charges for the wet tissue, so don't need to return back to them. But frankly, with this standard of BKT, even selling it at $3.50 in a non-airconditioned kopitiam, I'd rather eat something else!

So, that will be my first and last time there. I still prefer the Herbal BKT over at Alexandra Village. That one you can really taste the "gau kee" (wolfberry) and herbs. Maybe some may find the taste to their liking. One man's bak kut teh is another man's mee siam mai hum. :notti:

hi everyone!

i'm due for flat selection this coming friday and seems like only 75sqm flats are left liao... but i'm abit hesitant becos 90sqm looks small to me already much less 75sqm.

wondering if anyone can do me and my wife a favour by letting us take a look at their 75sqm flat???

i know it's alot to ask but i really can't visualise the size of the flat juz by looking at the floor plans... :unsure:

of cos any kind hearted 79ner willing to show me his/her flat will get a token of appreciation!!! :D

hi everyone!

i'm due for flat selection this coming friday and seems like only 75sqm flats are left liao... but i'm abit hesitant becos 90sqm looks small to me already much less 75sqm.

wondering if anyone can do me and my wife a favour by letting us take a look at their 75sqm flat???

i know it's alot to ask but i really can't visualise the size of the flat juz by looking at the floor plans... :unsure:

of cos any kind hearted 79ner willing to show me his/her flat will get a token of appreciation!!! :D

- mine is not 75sqm low floor.

- it doesnt help u in ur big decision making.

- if u wld like 2 see, PM mi then.

:notti:

- mine is not 75sqm low floor.

- it doesnt help u in ur big decision making.

- if u wld like 2 see, PM mi then.

:notti:

thanks fer the offer! but as you said won't really help me in my decision. :D

Went to try it out on Wednesday with Meowie & Babymaro... like what Congee said, so-so only. In fact, for that kind of price, not really worth it. The bill for the 3 of us came up to $37+ after a special promo 10% discount.

The Herbal BKT is $9.80 per bowl. Normal BKT is I think $6+. The meat was miserable, only scraps of meat and plenty of bone, way too much. Maybe should have requested for the ribs portion instead. The meat wasn't the kind of tender & "slide off the bone" type I was expecting. It was a tad tough and dry! Overcooked??

But the let down part was the soup base. It was simply too bland. Maybe I'm used to the more "power" type of BKT, not peppery but with kick. But it just didn't taste like a herbal BKT soup at all. More like some kind of pork bone soup with a slight wolfberry after-taste. Every time I have a good BKT meal, I will be pespiring when I'm done. You know that sweaty but shiok feeling of a good meal? No such thing here. Maybe the aircon was too powerful???

Service staff mostly PRC helped out by some family members, including some very young kids. Surprisingly, the place was almost packed that night??!

I guess it's more of a restaurant setting with restaurant prices. 10% service charge. No GST. No charges for the wet tissue, so don't need to return back to them. But frankly, with this standard of BKT, even selling it at $3.50 in a non-airconditioned kopitiam, I'd rather eat something else!

So, that will be my first and last time there. I still prefer the Herbal BKT over at Alexandra Village. That one you can really taste the "gau kee" (wolfberry) and herbs. Maybe some may find the taste to their liking. One man's bak kut teh is another man's mee siam mai hum. :notti:

- passed by there dis evening.

- it was FULL HOUSE :jawdrop:

- got ppl waiting outside somemore :o

:unsure:

thanks fer the offer! but as you said won't really help me in my decision. :D

- kpo my unit is secondary.

- was thinking of showing u my neighbour's unit which is a 75sqm & offer u some advice.

- aniway, gd luck 2 u.

:dancingqueen:

Edited by jaCKY777