Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hey neighbours,

- any1 is a subscriber of Singtel MIO TV?

- hows e bundle movies channel? Nice anot?

- hows e broadband connectivity interms of speed?

- in comparison 2 Starhub Cable TV, which of dis 2 offers e better deal?

- any other review & feedback?

:dunno:

Depends on what u wanna watch on tv. Reason y I'm on Starhub TV is cos I'm a idiotic BPL fan. The rates are quite ex. Wonder what happens if Singnet wins the broadcast rights for BPL next season. :D

Maybe many will be tired after taking the complete 79 experience round the 5 blocks and up and down 40 storeys? LOL

Saw a few of them non-local masseur ladies sitting infront of the shops... reminds me of "those" massage parlours in People's Park. Except for the touting part, otherwise jialat liao!

Haha. Maybe...just curious y foot massages business is that good in TPY. My old home in Bt Panjang doesnt even have 1 shop.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Just get a good broadband connection and you'll have the world of movies at your mouse click *wink* *wink*

And I'm not talking about YouTube or Bit Torrent stuff :notti:

Wow... ware did you get such good stuffs? Care to share share?

:notti:

hi everyone,

as you may see from my status, i'm a newbie here at the forum. i'm also your soon-to-be neighbour at E block. just got my flat and will be collecting keys end of this month. mine's the 75sqm one.

currently, i'm getting quotation from id. i hope to start reno asap after getting the keys and hopefully reno will be completed by march for my big day. do you guys think that's possible from your experience?

i haven't step into any unit at blk 79 before. any kind neighbours here would allow my wife and i to visit your house and share with us some tips on reno? will really appreciate that.

thanks in advance.

wow ain't this one of the more popular thread in this forum?

Nice to meet ya all! I'm a Blk79 soon-to-be... so how's it here? It will be ther first time i'm stayin somewhere so near to MRT!

:P

hi everyone,

as you may see from my status, i'm a newbie here at the forum. i'm also your soon-to-be neighbour at E block. just got my flat and will be collecting keys end of this month. mine's the 75sqm one.

currently, i'm getting quotation from id. i hope to start reno asap after getting the keys and hopefully reno will be completed by march for my big day. do you guys think that's possible from your experience?

i haven't step into any unit at blk 79 before. any kind neighbours here would allow my wife and i to visit your house and share with us some tips on reno? will really appreciate that.

thanks in advance.

Congrats roy777ong!

You can actually write a nice lovely letter to your officer to urgently collect your keys to your home with reasons being you wanna use your home for your big day.

Renovation will normally take 6 weeks after drawings is final.

Hope it helps.

Good luck :notti:

Nice to meet ya all! I'm a Blk79 soon-to-be... so how's it here? It will be ther first time i'm stayin somewhere so near to MRT!

Congrats yvonnetham on your new home to-be soon!

Which block did you get? 75sqm or 90sqm?

Congrats roy777ong!

You can actually write a nice lovely letter to your officer to urgently collect your keys to your home with reasons being you wanna use your home for your big day.

Hope it helps.

Good luck :notti:

Congrats yvonnetham on your new home to-be soon!

Which block did you get? 75sqm or 90sqm?

I'm at B, 90sqm!!! I was there yesterday to recce the place again =P... somehow I just find the void deck areas esp near the lift abit dark and ulu (at 6 plus in the evening before the lights on)...

How is the safety here in TPY central 79? From far the flats look okay.. when one enters, realize its abit overwhelming... ceilings high and all... I abit scared leh if next time go home alone ~~

Edited by yvonnetham

I'm at B, 90sqm!!! I was there yesterday to recce the place again =P... somehow I just find the void deck areas esp near the lift abit dark and ulu (at 6 plus in the evening before the lights on)...

How is the safety here in TPY central 79? From far the flats look okay.. when one enters, realize its abit overwhelming... ceilings high and all... I abit scared leh if next time go home alone ~~

Ya true. It can be a bit intimidating especially at night and especially in the mscp. All in all, it is a pretty gd place once u get used to it. Anyway congrats! :D

Congrats roy777ong!

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the reply, Dracula.

Yup, did request for early collection of keys on the selection day in Nov. That's why able to collect end of this month. Or else it'll take 3-4 mths to process, according to the HDB officers (issit true?).

Any thing that I must take note of during/after collection of keys?

hi everyone,

thanks in advance.

Hey roy777ong,

- welcum 2 e TPY Ctrl Blk 79 neighbourhood.

:dancingqueen:

Hey yvonnetham,

- welcum 2 e TPY Ctrl Blk 79 neighbourhood.

- TPY Ctrl Blk 79 beli e happening 1.

- read thru e past pgs, particularly pg100 onwards, u'l b able 2 noe e past events ...

- got theft, burglary, murder, suicide, fight, graffiti vandalism ...

- other topics in Renotalk Forum r beli informative olso, check it out.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply, Dracula.

Yup, did request for early collection of keys on the selection day in Nov. That's why able to collect end of this month. Or else it'll take 3-4 mths to process, according to the HDB officers (issit true?).

Any thing that I must take note of during/after collection of keys?

The very most important thing is that if you have any CPF grants from them, take note that you need to be legally married before they will release the keys to you. Otherwise you will be making an empty trip on that day, if your ROM is anywhere after the key collection day do inform your officer in advance so that they can help in drafting an undertaking letter for you to sign on the day itself.

If no grants, then dun bother about the above.

Other then that, remember you can go earlier then your said appt time to get your keys earlier. It is base on first come first serve to whom ever is earlier unlike the 1st appt. Got to sign alot of "dunno wat is written on the letters" upon collection, like signing for autograph sessions. Hehe...

And welcome to the Free-fallers union block 79. Our motto: "Where everyone comes for a free falling time."

Hehehe... oops! :notti:

- Property Tax payment is here again.

- after rebate, mine is $125 for yr 2009.

- late payment penalty is 5% after due date.

:o

Wah! so fast come again? or you never pay for your tax?

Why got late payment?

The gahmen not enough money after lost in Lahmen Blooders ah..... blood suckers!

:furious:

Try to go home after 7.30pm should be alright. Sometimes the power will trip for the lobby area during night time, so do prepare for a dark feeling once in a while, there will still be minimal lights there.

Always look left and right and back and the stairways before walking towards your unit and opening the doors for precautions during the day and night.

Welcome to the 79 neighbourhood soon to be neighbour!

The very most important thing is that if you have any CPF grants from them, take note that you need to be legally married before they will release the keys to you. Otherwise you will be making an empty trip on that day, if your ROM is anywhere after the key collection day do inform your officer in advance so that they can help in drafting an undertaking letter for you to sign on the day itself.

If no grants, then dun bother about the above.

Other then that, remember you can go earlier then your said appt time to get your keys earlier. It is base on first come first serve to whom ever is earlier unlike the 1st appt. Got to sign alot of "dunno wat is written on the letters" upon collection, like signing for autograph sessions. Hehe...

And welcome to the Free-fallers union block 79. Our motto: "Where everyone comes for a free falling time."

Hehehe... oops!

Once again, thank you, thank you, Dracula.

Yup, ROM done. Customary dinner next.

What do u mean by CPF grants? To my understanding, they'll be wiping out our ordinary account dry, rite? Is that the "grants"? And the balance outstanding will be loaning from legal ah long (HDB). :)

Wow ... Free-fallers union..... haha... pls dun reveal this to my wife if any of you happen to know us after we moved in. She probably will be freak out. Personally, I've witness a few and handle a couple during my N.S. days as a medic doing my attachment with SCDF. It's definetely not a very pleasant sight... eeewwww...

Perhap should suggest to our town council to put up some ad campaign like those anti-drug ones on the roof garden. Play some mind games with those free-fallers. Tell them to think about their family and love one before they attempt to jump lah. :sport-smiley-004:

- Property Tax payment is here again.

- after rebate, mine is $125 for yr 2009.

- late payment penalty is 5% after due date.

:o

Don't forget still got $110 TV licence to contribute to MDA for MediaCrap's rubbish hor!

Our abangs up North have long done away with this medieval tax... Malaysia Boleh!

Wah! so fast come again? or you never pay for your tax?

Why got late payment?

The gahmen not enough money after lost in Lahmen Blooders ah..... blood suckers!

:furious:

- i did paid not long ago.

- i remember i posted in e forum olso. It shd b for yr2008 bah? :unsure:

- latest bill is 4 yr 2009 loh.

- penalty of 5% if late payment after 31jan09 lah.

:bangwall:

Don't forget still got $110 TV licence to contribute to MDA for MediaCrap's rubbish hor!

Our abangs up North have long done away with this medieval tax... Malaysia Boleh!

- yah hor. i'v 4goten abt e TV license.

- e analog signal for ch 5 & 8 lousy lei, got wavy effect on e screen, img not clear & sharp lei.

- e digital signal for all ch r ok, no special effect, img clear & sharp.

- lucky mine is full-HD if not...

- wat if my TV is of those obsolete models, those big-box CRT type, do i stil nid 2 pay TV license 2 watch e not-clear & wavy img & not so nice tv shows?

:wacko: