Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi, thanks. Just starting my research now, so it wld be good if you can give me your ID contact. But does it mean one must hve an idea what to do for the hse b4 seeing the ID? Otherwise, the ID can recommend anything under the sun! Does getting a particular ID means getting the contractor that the ID is working with also?

First, know your budget.

Second, know ur basic & special requirements. Already thought through where u want to put what main furnitures & why? How many bedroom u need? And hence can sacrifice one room by hacking it down to make walk in wardrobe, for example? want shower screen? want to change toilet door? Need to see feng shui?...

I guess it is better to settle those 2 points before u go see ID. Else, just need to make more trips to see ID.

Those kitchen work-top and cabinet, feature wall to cover bomb shelter, feature wall and console for TV, built in wardrobe, overlay toilet tiles, etc. You can always ask the ID to quote you first. Then u look at the quote, compare against ur budget and will know what u will/can/want to do.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

About hamburger light (lamp cover secured to the base through plastic clip)...

just learned from friend who bought them 5 yrs ago, who very hardworking to dismantle and clean them every CNY. The plastic becomes brittle and starts to break. Hence need change the whole hamburger.

moral of story... dun be so hardworking at cleaning them? if this helps...? :jawdrop:

Want to let go my frustruction. Today was very very angry w my ID. He couldn't handover. Has given him 3 deadlines, & he misses all - 15 Dec, 15 Jan & 23 Jan. Last wk, esp highlighted to him I need to finish by 23rd. Reminded him again on Tues morning.

On mon, electrician moved one power socket & plumber fixed small problems. Tues, totally no one came.

Today took 1/2 day leave, waited at the flat under 5pm b4 the 1st batch of worker came. Tell me how not to be angry ? He jolly well knows he has to handover today. :jawdrop::jawdrop: !!

In the end the workers couldn't finish the work, delay again, and I am moving in this Sat :jawdrop:

Edited by alister

i tried calling the officer in charge for the past few days.. but nobody pick up... call the hp aso nv pick up :jawdrop:

which email address did you email to, can PM me. i wan to chase them for keys !!

woah.. like tat your office-in-charge eat snake ar... totally bo chap ar.... must complain liao ar.... Actually, is my other half who emailed them twice, then our office-in-charge juz called me lor. Perhaps you try email them? bomb their mailbox?

Yeah! Finally my turn to receive the loan letter :jawdrop::jawdrop: !! :yamseng: !! :yamseng:

Yeah.... hi-five~

Edited by congee77

Want to let go my frustruction. Today was very very angry w my ID. He couldn't handover. Has given him 3 deadlines, & he misses all - 15 Dec, 15 Jan & 23 Jan. Last wk, esp highlighted to him I need to finish by 23rd. Reminded him again on Tues morning.

On mon, electrician moved one power socket & plumber fixed small problems. Tues, totally no one came.

Today took 1/2 day leave, waited at the flat under 5pm b4 the 1st batch of worker came. Tell me how not to be angry ? He jolly well knows he has to handover today. :jawdrop::jawdrop: !!

In the end the workers couldn't finish the work, delay again, and I am moving in this Sat :jawdrop:

Hey Alister,

hmm... !!

So now,

- wat's e outstanding works?

- wat's e outstanding payment?

- wat's e reply/reponse frm Alex, ur ID?

!!

I'm donating the 2 toilet basins.

Initially we wanted to bring it to our parent's house to replace the old one with the ones from our new house. But now have a change of plans. Hence we are thinking that before we discard them away does anyone want it?

I'm donating the 2 toilet basins.

Initially we wanted to bring it to our parent's house to replace the old one with the ones from our new house. But now have a change of plans. Hence we are thinking that before we discard them away does anyone want it?

Hi Almonddust,

I remembered that you bought your rinnai hob and hood for a very good price. Where did you buy them from? Is the sale still on?

:bow:

Today took 1/2 day leave, waited at the flat under 5pm b4 the 1st batch of worker came. Tell me how not to be angry ? He jolly well knows he has to handover today. :yamseng::dunno::dunno:

In the end the workers couldn't finish the work, delay again, and I am moving in this Sat :bangwall:

tsk..tsk.. still thinking of shortlisting summit

Today took 1/2 day leave, waited at the flat under 5pm b4 the 1st batch of worker came. Tell me how not to be angry ? He jolly well knows he has to handover today. :yamseng::dunno::dunno:

In the end the workers couldn't finish the work, delay again, and I am moving in this Sat :bangwall:

CHILL Alister. Sit down with your ID and ask him for realistic handover dateline. :notti:

Hi, thanks. Just starting my research now, so it wld be good if you can give me your ID contact. But does it mean one must hve an idea what to do for the hse b4 seeing the ID? Otherwise, the ID can recommend anything under the sun! Does getting a particular ID means getting the contractor that the ID is working with also?

Hi Tippy

My ID is pretty good but he's also slightly more expensive than the neighbourhood IDs below our new flats. We chose him coz we were very very comfy with him (LeeCH) and we've seen his works (the neighbour above us used him and the workmanship is pretty impressive). I think and hope it should be value for money.

Another reason why we chose him was even thou we do not have a big budget, ard 25k for a 5 rm flat (on renovation only), he was very willing to work with us and went thru with us his profile. Of course we do have to sacrifice some stuff here and there in order to stay within our budget. He in fact started work on our flat without us paying him a cent! (Coz OCBC was slow in issuing our reno loan cheques)

So far he has been pretty prompt to answer my questions and his work is on time. He has been very straightforward and told us the earliest he can complete our flat is end March (even thou we started reno on 2 Jan 2007, coz his workers have a break of 2 weeks during CNY). He is also quite obliging when we asked him to go and oversee the a/c installation (when me and hb are not free). Apparently, he also used to be an architect working for HDB so he's quite familiar with HDB rules (where can hack, where not to hack, why HDB does certain things, contractor issues etc), which is another plus point for him.

His minus points would be that his quote is generally more ex than neighbourhood IDs and the electrician he recommended is expensive. He would be slightly unhappy if we do not use his electrician but he will still work with the electrician we choose to use. Oh, and he speaks with a hongkie accent and can converse better in cantonese (oops! Hope he doesnt' see this....) 8|:P

Yep, my opinions and my comments on my ID ends here. Hope it can offer you some ideas what to look out for! (^_^) :dribble:

Hi Tippy

My ID is pretty good but he's also slightly more expensive than the neighbourhood IDs below our new flats. We chose him coz we were very very comfy with him (LeeCH) and we've seen his works (the neighbour above us used him and the workmanship is pretty impressive). I think and hope it should be value for money.

Another reason why we chose him was even thou we do not have a big budget, ard 25k for a 5 rm flat (on renovation only), he was very willing to work with us and went thru with us his profile. Of course we do have to sacrifice some stuff here and there in order to stay within our budget. He in fact started work on our flat without us paying him a cent! (Coz OCBC was slow in issuing our reno loan cheques)

So far he has been pretty prompt to answer my questions and his work is on time. He has been very straightforward and told us the earliest he can complete our flat is end March (even thou we started reno on 2 Jan 2007, coz his workers have a break of 2 weeks during CNY). He is also quite obliging when we asked him to go and oversee the a/c installation (when me and hb are not free). Apparently, he also used to be an architect working for HDB so he's quite familiar with HDB rules (where can hack, where not to hack, why HDB does certain things, contractor issues etc), which is another plus point for him.

His minus points would be that his quote is generally more ex than neighbourhood IDs and the electrician he recommended is expensive. He would be slightly unhappy if we do not use his electrician but he will still work with the electrician we choose to use. Oh, and he speaks with a hongkie accent and can converse better in cantonese (oops! Hope he doesnt' see this....) :~8|

Yep, my opinions and my comments on my ID ends here. Hope it can offer you some ideas what to look out for! (^_^) :dribble:

Hi Zanie98,

Would you be able to share with us some of your design or reno picture?

Thank you and have a nice day.

:P

Hi Zanie98,

Would you be able to share with us some of your design or reno picture?

Thank you and have a nice day.

:dribble:

Hi Redwyrm

For my flat, only the tiling is and a/c trucking's done. Not much to see in terms of workmanship. I have a few photos (secretly taken) of my neighbour's flat. Not too sure if its nice to post it up here....

My 2D and 3D layout plans are with me and they are not the computer generated kind. Its the hand-drawn kind. My ID has specifically told me not to put it up in the net... Maybe we can meet up during the weekend/ one of these days and I'll show them to you. They are nothing much but I guess my ID is not very comfy about being so open abt his designs. (^_^)

Hi Redwyrm

For my flat, only the tiling is and a/c trucking's done. Not much to see in terms of workmanship. I have a few photos (secretly taken) of my neighbour's flat. Not too sure if its nice to post it up here....

My 2D and 3D layout plans are with me and they are not the computer generated kind. Its the hand-drawn kind. My ID has specifically told me not to put it up in the net... Maybe we can meet up during the weekend/ one of these days and I'll show them to you. They are nothing much but I guess my ID is not very comfy about being so open abt his designs. (^_^)

Hi Zanie98,

No issue. Maybe will meet up sometimes to view your flat.. :P Wish everything move smoothly for your renovation!!

:dribble:

Today took 1/2 day leave, waited at the flat under 5pm b4 the 1st batch of worker came. Tell me how not to be angry ? He jolly well knows he has to handover today. :dribble::D:P

In the end the workers couldn't finish the work, delay again, and I am moving in this Sat :(

Did he offer any reasons to you?