Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hmm.. Abt 32k... abit out of our budget... hee.... maybe we told them what's our budget range like.. so they manage to try to fit into it... !!

I see.. I think ours is also around that budget.. anyway wish you have a smooth renovation.. :sport-smiley-004:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I see.. I think ours is also around that budget.. anyway wish you have a smooth renovation.. :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks Redwyrm... Hopefully yr renovations also be a smooth one... !!

So, how many from Blk A have already received their loan letter or Keys.

I wrote to HDB (via email) once asking for early release of keys. Their reply was " Your request is noted" :dancingqueen:

have not heard from them since..

Talking about customer service.... :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by alexneock

So, how many from Blk A have already received their loan letter or Keys.

I wrote to HDB (via email) once asking for early release of keys. Their reply was " Your request is noted" :dancingqueen:

have not heard from them since..

Talking about customer service.... :sport-smiley-004:

i hv wrote to HDB ytd, and this is their SHORT reply to me:

We refer to your email.

Based on our latest projection, Blk 79A will be handed over to HDB by end-Feb 2008. We are currently in the midst of sending out the Mortgage Loan Application form to all the applicants in batches. You will receive yours soon.

dun noe when mine will come? and if the contractor really hand the keys to HDB end of Feb, does tat mean we will only get the keys in March???? I dun wan :dancingqueen:

Hi Alister,

The list does not look that bad, I think everything should be rectifiable by today itself provided the manpower and raw materials (esp the mirrors) are readily available! The only thing big is the full length cabinet, but even that can be done in a few hours. Hope to pop by your place to have a look after work today! Cheers!

Haha... Yes correct... their work & design is good.. But pricing wise... is steeper indeed... But hopefully they will do a great job for us, despite we prepared to pay so much... Thinking of going down to sgin up with them this wk.. but they said no hurry la... since i havent got the keys...

Hmm.. my ID initially is a lady by the name of J*lian.. BUT..... we are not very pleased with her ways of handling customers.. she will not return our calls, she will just sms to say she is not feeling well.. Ok.. we believe her that she not feeling well for one or two times.. it's fine with us.. cux we do fall sick at times.. we are not superhumans.. Untill 1 day... her husband called us up... said that she is pregnant.. Ok..it's a gd news for them.. and we are happy for her also...

So now our job is being handled by her husband.. which again another problem arising... haiz.... We seen their 1st drawings (not drawn by him of course.. cux he is the GM over there), we are alright with it, so he said why not u go back 1st, see anything u not comfortable with it, u let me know.. we will amend, but when we want to tell them we want to tell him abt the changes, despite no. of calls made to him, he can come back to us after 2 months later... OMG.... Really quite pissed off ... :furious::bangwall: We knw he is GM la.. but our flat will be coming soon.. but we only seen the drawings, not even the 3D drawings yet.. He said he will let us see the 3D drawings de lor... Headache....

We are wondering can we put out hse renovations in his good hands or not... thou we already wanted to sign up with them...

Hi Redwyrm...

We only managed to get lower floor, but at least still very very near to Sky garden slightly above us... haha... How bt you? :furious:

Hopefully we could get the keys after CNY... now we shall busy with the CNY celebrations... haha... :dunno:

Sorry to hear abt ur bad experience. U shd really request for flora then.hehe

The GM dun seem to be interested in ur business.. tell u no hurry somemore..

I haven't got my keys too and yet almost signed the dotted line yesterday..

Hope you get good service soon ~~

Hi JACKY & ALISTER

Just to let you know something...I am not pouring cold water to you guys lah...just to share this piece of info around. May or may not be truth.

I heard that some id/contractor dont even watn the last payment (10%) as touch up works require alot of time and works. Initially the 10% = 40% =40% payment already cover their cost and profits.

eg) $50,000 renovation = last payment 10% = $5,000. Id/contractors rather dont want the $5k.

Anyway, that is what I heard lah. Truth or not truth , you guys decide.

ALISTER....please calm down. Now the ball is at your ID court. You have to press him hard to get moving.

Good luck.

HAPPY

This is quite unlikely...my guess is the cost of rectification and touch-ups would definitely be much, much lesser than the 10%. It would definitely be silly for the ID to give up solid profits after they have invested so much time and resource in completing the project. I would more tend to believe that the last 10% forms a good part of the profit margin for the ID - without which, the project would not make sense.

The only situations I can see this happening is if:

- The contract price is a rip-off from the beginnning...but if everybody has been doing so much shopping before signing on the dotted line, it is also very unlikely to get ripped-off so easily!

- The work is not fully completed and the ID runs away!

Just my two cents lah... :notti:

Edited by gadgetman

Congrats sushi. hmm, I sent my HL letter for about 2-3 weeks but no reply at all..

Perhaps I should email them as well.. anyone have their email address?

Just for sharing, I engage Ciseern as my ID..

Must say their price is on the steeper side..

Did a fair bit of carpentry and the quotation

excluding electrical pts, lights, curtains, haulage,PE

etc is already 44k..

Now stressing whom should I get the loan from.. :notti:

Think excluding the electrical appliances, my total reno fees

may come up to 55k or more... :notti:

Hi Yeoman,

Is yours 5rm? My quote is around 40k plus excluding those you mentioned too. I have alot of carpentry work and glass works and that's why the quote is high. I find the pricing is reasonable based on so many items in my quote. The best part is I get to see the 3d graphics before I signed up.

just a show of hands, did anyone here do their renovation (exclude electrical points, furniture) at the cost of $18,000?

Hahaa ... hope too but with my ever ending wish list... :deal:

Anyway my reno cost exclude electricals point & furniture is abt $22500 and I hope it does not increase any more :(

Hi Shay

Aiya, u still got a bit more time, unlike me. Sure, do drop by, I will most probably be at my hse at 9am.

And I am only 50% packed for the move, thanks to delay by my ID. FAINT !

Wanted him to finish by 23rd so that I can clean the hse and pack my old hse. Thanks to him, I have to be at my new hse to open door, co-ordinate when his workers come. In the end, no time to pack.

Now u understand why I am so mad. He WASTED my time. Esp on tues when I waited for his worker from 2pm to 5pm at my new hse.

Can't think of anything to get from Indulge, thanks for the offer.

Alister...cool down juz hold on to ur final payment until they finish ur touch up...

Chase them :dunno:

Anyway the bloody building service centre really took their own sweet time lor.... :notti:

I submitted my defect list on 31.12.07 and until now my defects r not done.... :bow:

Call them up every day and chase them also not use... !!

btw, need some advice....

anybody getting built-in oven or already gotten theirs??? can recommend me some models???

I bought my Cuizino built in oven from Poh Joo at $470..

I think quite cheap though my orginal plan was to buy Ariston oven...

My friend who always bake comment that Ariston oven is good and she using that too

Since I know nuts abt baking but I still want an oven to try out for fun I better dun invest in a expensive oven 8|

Edited by bonkitty

Hi Yeoman,

Is yours 5rm? My quote is around 40k plus excluding those you mentioned too. I have alot of carpentry work and glass works and that's why the quote is high. I find the pricing is reasonable based on so many items in my quote. The best part is I get to see the 3d graphics before I signed up.

Cistern...hmm hmm. Gd luck.

just a show of hands, did anyone here do their renovation (exclude electrical points, furniture) at the cost of $18,000?

Hey tension_z,

fyi, i havnt collect keys so have not start reno yet. :P

But i plan 2 reno < $20k. Basic stuff, no fanciful features, no wallpapers etc.

Bak 2 ur qns, yes, i'd saw a few units in 79 dat had done it in under $18k 8|

Hahaa ... hope too but with my ever ending wish list... 8|

Anyway my reno cost exclude electricals point & furniture is abt $22500 and I hope it does not increase any more :(

Since I know nuts abt baking but I still want an oven to try out for fun I better dun invest in a expensive oven 8|

Hey bonkitty,

ur reno cost is abt $22.5k? ok lah, quite average liao.

So u bought a 'masak', e Cuizino micowave oven to play play? :(:lol::lol:

:)