Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

hi guys, i saw many different kinds of homo tiles and granite...heard some low quality homo from china just spray on the pattern...

do you guys ask ur ID about the make and brand of the granite? anyone use italy/spain / malaysia instead of china?

i saw a lot of homo tiles in hong kong selling real cheap at about S$10-18 per piece...lots of selection and colours....too bad can't bring back...lights are real cheap too...

by the way, anyone uses granite floor? do they come in plain colour?...

kinda of tied between homo and granite now....it's the most expensive and impt part of the reno so must make sure it's ok...

it's quite tiring looking for iD...with all different quotes...duno which one is good..sigh...

by the way, what is the conclusion with the haulage fees issue har? 4rm $800 is too much right since town council charges only 400 according to strawberry?!

thanks for sharing!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi meow_!!, try to post in in Garage Sales & Exchange Corner. You might be able to find more keen buyers there as I've bought a couple of stuff from there already. Good luck! :)

hey..good idea! I have toilet bowls and basins to let go. Will go post there to see if anyone wants. =)

Hey shay_d,

ur pts, i'l take note. :unsure:

But if buy frm Balestier Rd shop, how 2 bring bak? Carry e 'poles', walk via Jln Raja, cross e overhead bridge to Toa Payoh Central, then to Blk 79? !!

Btw, how's ur reno status?

Saw a Please Remove Shoes paper paste on ur main door dat day. Seems like ur reno had completed liao & ready for kpo-in session liao. :jawdrop:

:)

hi jaCKY, yes...our reno is close to completion. yippee! but there are still alot of touch-ups to go. after acid wash was done, the notice went up liao. hehe. yah, let us know if u would like to drop-by. ms_white will be around the whole day tomorrow to monitor some progress.

oh, ms_white bought the 6 poles and they were bundled with masking tape. she took a cab to tpy central lah. it's abt 20min walk from jalan rajah...and another 15min walk to tpy.

Please inform all your 79 kakis that there are cases reported around Blk 79 on housebreaking, the case are due to contractor did not lock the door well, LCD TV, Hifi lost.

Please lock the door during renovation especially when your have move in some expensive staff.

Regards

Hey TPCRC2,

Thank You for informing.

- U heard frm who abt e housebreaking, instead of e common theft?

- if can scan e 'police report' & pin-up here for reference wld b a BIG WARNING to 79 neighbours?

- is e RC Centre u r in-charge of doing anythin s of now?

- is e Neighbourhood Police Center at TPY CC doing anythin s of now?

A gentle reminder to all neighbours to Lock your Gate with a Padlock/Change your Number Lock at different stages of your reno to Minimise the Risk of Break-in.

It might cause some inconvenience for your ID/Contractors, but it's still better than losing your expensive stuff to theft. No one will bear responsibility for your lost items, except yourself. Being a victim myself and many others, it's no fun..it's frustrating..it's agonising.

Now that Blk A and B are coming up, your units may be the next target cos there're hardly any residents now. All the best to all neighbours and have a happy reno! :)

hi jaCKY, yes...our reno is close to completion. yippee! but there are still alot of touch-ups to go. after acid wash was done, the notice went up liao. hehe. yah, let us know if u would like to drop-by. ms_white will be around the whole day tomorrow to monitor some progress.

oh, ms_white bought the 6 poles and they were bundled with masking tape. she took a cab to tpy central lah. it's abt 20min walk from jalan rajah...and another 15min walk to tpy.

Hey shay_d,

poor ms_white, gota take leave & b site supervisor/coordinator 2mr. !!

take cab can meh? e poles can go in e cab? if can, might s well gather a Mass Order, buy 1 shot, bring e 'poles' to 79. :jawdrop:

K, wil pop-by 2 kpo if i can spare some time.

Hey TPCRC2,

Thank You for informing.

- U heard frm who abt e housebreaking, instead of e common theft?

- if can scan e 'police report' & pin-up here for reference wld b a BIG WARNING to 79 neighbours?

- is e RC Centre u r in-charge of doing anythin s of now?

- is e Neighbourhood Police Center at TPY CC doing anythin s of now?

:yamseng:

I think it not happend only in TPY. I saw the Tanglin Halt thread, they also have suspicious character, theft..etc..We really have to be very careful..

hi guys, i saw many different kinds of homo tiles and granite...heard some low quality homo from china just spray on the pattern...

do you guys ask ur ID about the make and brand of the granite? anyone use italy/spain / malaysia instead of china?

i saw a lot of homo tiles in hong kong selling real cheap at about S$10-18 per piece...lots of selection and colours....too bad can't bring back...lights are real cheap too...

by the way, anyone uses granite floor? do they come in plain colour?...

kinda of tied between homo and granite now....it's the most expensive and impt part of the reno so must make sure it's ok...

it's quite tiring looking for iD...with all different quotes...duno which one is good..sigh...

by the way, what is the conclusion with the haulage fees issue har? 4rm $800 is too much right since town council charges only 400 according to strawberry?!

thanks for sharing!

Hey Happy!,

las time hor, (mayb abt 10yrs ago), homo tiles all came from western countries like Italy etc, very X. Ceramic tiles came frm neighbouring countries like M'sia & China etc. Much cheaper.

Nowadays hor, homo tiles mostly import frm China. We do have some imports frm western countries like Italy. But e price is on e higher side. e quality wise, its e same for both. So if its of e same quality, y stil choose e 1 which is much higher in price?

(i heard frm contractors & IDs 1) :D

Abt e fees ->

1) Haulage fees payable to e Term Contractor dnstr e blk ($800-$1000). (Carry 'things' up for u)

2) Town Council fees (<$200). (Provided a collection tank near e rubbish bin ctr, for u 2 throw reno debris)

3) Fees for Clearing of Debris. Gota check with ID/contractor whether izit included in ur reno quotation.

:yamseng:

I think it not happend only in TPY. I saw the Tanglin Halt thread, they also have suspicious character, theft..etc..We really have to be very careful..

Hey Redwyrm,

yah gota b EXTRA KIASU/KIASI

Think e Jln Membina Thread, mentioned sometin like e Hinges of The Front Metal Gate Were Being Sawn Off. :D

Aluminium poles...havent seen them before. where can they be found? will go check them out.

Many thanks =)

Hi Mapleleaf,

Maybe you can try getting the poles from NTUC (opp. the Toa Payoh Entertainment Centre).

Just go to the 2nd level at the last section where they sell Toliet paper.

I had seem them selling both the bamboo & aluminium types but I am not too sure about the pricing.

Hello...

My fren has a question, so am thinking to post it here if anyone is aware of an answer... :yamseng:

should flooring be done first or electrical works be done first?

per some ppl, they manage to hide the wiring under the floor in order not to see the long boxes all over the wall. However, some contractor says its against the HDB rules. is it true? and seeing all those boxes all over the wall - no nice leh...

Hello...

My fren has a question, so am thinking to post it here if anyone is aware of an answer... :yamseng:

per some ppl, they manage to hide the wiring under the floor in order not to see the long boxes all over the wall. However, some contractor says its against the HDB rules. is it true? and seeing all those boxes all over the wall - no nice leh...

Not sure about the HDB rules, although hiding the cable boxes look nice, but it would be a problem if there is any electrical line fault.. then you need to hack the floor?

Anyway just my opinion..

Hi all

Juz moved in over the weekend. Very angry with my ID. Some neighbours should know what I'm talking abt.

Today carpenter came to follow up on the outstanding work without setting up appt w me. Told them to inform me if they are coming today so I can take leave, and they didn't. Now have to rushed home b'cos they juz dropped by.

So for those considering my ID, forget it. For those already signed with him, if you are not rushing, then should be no problem. Good luck !

I will share the problems when I have the chance.

Hi all

Juz moved in over the weekend. Very angry with my ID. Some neighbours should know what I'm talking abt.

Today carpenter came to follow up on the outstanding work without setting up appt w me. Told them to inform me if they are coming today so I can take leave, and they didn't. Now have to rushed home b'cos they juz dropped by.

So for those considering my ID, forget it. For those already signed with him, if you are not rushing, then should be no problem. Good luck !

I will share the problems when I have the chance.

Hi Alister,

So sorry to hear of your continued problems with your ID...but I guess we will all have our share. The more important thing is that now you have finally moved in and you have a beautiful place to call home!

:rofl: Congratulations! :rofl:

Hi all,

Just wana share with you on my status after submitting

the loan letter.

Emailed HDB and reply came in and said that the loan application is

still in process. Called the OIC and he mentioned that the

loan dept is pretty jammed up as Blk79A and 79B are all

processing their loans now.. This is despite the fact that I have submitted

my loan letter for more than a month!! :rofl:

My oic said he will try to expedite the case for me.

Hope to get my keys after CNY.. :rofl:

Hello...

My fren has a question, so am thinking to post it here if anyone is aware of an answer... :rofl:

Hi Soudezne,

It depends on what kind of electrical works you are refering to... for my place, we change the tv point to another wall. so we hide the wire under the floor before laying the tiles.... look nicer... otherwise unsightly .... my id suggest de, so i guess it is allowed... :rofl: