Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi Mapleleaf,

We will be taking our the retracbale thingee in the kitchen and will replace it with the tradiitional J hooks. We intend to use aluminium poles to hang our clothes.

Aluminium poles...havent seen them before. where can they be found? will go check them out.

Many thanks =)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Jacky,

I also engaged the same ID firm. So far I have no complains about my contractor. Minor hiccups here and there but to me it is still managable. I must say he had made my renovation rather hassle free. Fingers crossed, hopefully most of the things will be completed before CNY.

Hey M&M,

like dat means i can add them 2 my shortlisting list liao. :)

Aluminium poles...havent seen them before. where can they be found? will go check them out.

Many thanks =)

Hey Mapleleaf,

u can olso consider using bak e traditional bamboo poles.

can buy at groceries shop across e rd. :lol:

i suspect if were 2 put e laundry out 2 dry in e sun, e alum poles might b hot. :)

olso there's certain grip on e bamboo poles.

my personal thinkin is dat 'tradition things r not there without a reason'. :lol:

:P

Edited by jaCKY777

Hey M&M,

like dat means i can add them 2 my shortlisting list liao. :D

Hey Mapleleaf,

u can olso consider using bak e traditional bamboo poles.

can buy at groceries shop across e rd. :D

i suspect if were 2 put e laundry out 2 dry in e sun, e alum poles might b hot. :deal:

olso there's certain grip on e bamboo poles.

my personal thinkin is dat 'tradition things r not there without a reason'. ;)

:dancingqueen:

Hi,

I beg to differ. My house is currently using aluminium poles. They are easy to use and looks pleasant. Problem is I am not too sure where to get them at the moment. My mum told me she got it in Lorong 4... intend to ask her which shop exactly this coming weekend. I had previously taken pix of the poles that I am using in my house so if any of u interested, pls pm me ur email address and I will mail it to you.

Hi Icylim,

Glad to find another 79B neighbour.Have u got ur keys?

I'm still waiting for them...already send the loan letter to them for 1mth +

Me also wondering who will be my neighbour. Door to door neigbour,

so hope will have no conflicts.. My unit is on the side nearer to the carpark.

Can "jiaga" my car when I open my front door. :jawdrop:

Ah? Still no key? :jawdrop: I collected keys on 4 Jan. Didn't chase very hard, just 2 or 3 phone calls.

Got appointment app 3 wks after submission of loan letter.

Me near playground. Hehe... can jaga ah boy when he plays there :dunno:

Hi,

I beg to differ. My house is currently using aluminium poles. They are easy to use and looks pleasant. Problem is I am not too sure where to get them at the moment. My mum told me she got it in Lorong 4... intend to ask her which shop exactly this coming weekend. I had previously taken pix of the poles that I am using in my house so if any of u interested, pls pm me ur email address and I will mail it to you.

Bought mine at Lorong 7 market at about $7.50 each. It's the big hardware shop near to the POSB ATM, next to the joss-stick shop. Very happy with them!

Bought mine at Lorong 7 market at about $7.50 each. It's the big hardware shop near to the POSB ATM, next to the joss-stick shop. Very happy with them!

your kitchen looks nice. very bold with colour =)

your kitchen looks nice. very bold with colour =)

Hey thanks for the nice comments! It's my wife's idea...she wanted bright red from the start! I am personally quite happy with the black glass backing too. But the downside is that the white solid top really needs special care. Also, not shown in the picture are the unsightly laundry hanging from the ceiling and the messy laundry basket and pails hidden from view on the right side! Nice camera trick here :dancingqueen:

I have the same question too. I know they supplied this retractable thingee in the kitchen. Is anyone changing this? If so, to what?

I did saw one neighbour hanging their bamboos from kitchen diagonally across to their air-con ledge, which i'm wondering how they do the securing part w/o the bamboos falling off. :unsure:

Maybe can make use of the "spare" space at the air-con ledge to hang dry the clothes.

Hi

is any1 interested in getting a brand new 8" super-single mattress Magic Koil brand? when furniture ppl delivered we discover it's too high 4 my grandma to climb up safely and they refuse to exchange so must get another new shorter mattress b4 she can sleep there... bought $400, willing to negotiate sell 4 less. never used b4

M&M - <slaps head> sorry about the email add error. Am getting old. Many thanks for the pics

Jacky - it's a safe option to fall back on when all else fails.

gadgetman - your kitchen's beautifully done. Although my theme's different from yours, I hope my kitchen will turn out as well as yours. =)

Zincy - eeew....isnt it dangerous if the poles are not secured properly? everyone, watch out for falling poles when you stroll along the sky garden at 12 flr. =P

Edited by Mapleleaf

if u're looking for aluminium poles to hang clothes, u may buy them at hardware shops. we bought ours in one of the hardware shops along Balestier Rd and it costs $6.96 each. (it is in between the shop selling bak zhang and animal clinic)

looks wise, it's better and it's extendable too (very long when extended!!) it comes in 2 length..the longer one costs about $8.50 and also extendable. but dun think it's necessary to get that.

bamboo poles costs abt $1.50 each. cheap and sturdy. but have seen flying insects settling inside the poles and laying eggs...so decided against it...especially when ms_white is super particular abt insects! :)

Hi

is any1 interested in getting a brand new 8" super-single mattress Magic Koil brand? when furniture ppl delivered we discover it's too high 4 my grandma to climb up safely and they refuse to exchange so must get another new shorter mattress b4 she can sleep there... bought $400, willing to negotiate sell 4 less. never used b4

hi meow_!!, try to post in in Garage Sales & Exchange Corner. You might be able to find more keen buyers there as I've bought a couple of stuff from there already. Good luck! :)

Hi Bonkitty,

Please inform all your 79 kakis that there are cases reported around Blk 79 on housebreaking, the case are due to contractor did not lock the door well, LCD TV, Hifi lost.

Please lock the door during renovation especially when your have move in some expensive staff.

Regards

if u're looking for aluminium poles to hang clothes, u may buy them at hardware shops. we bought ours in one of the hardware shops along Balestier Rd and it costs $6.96 each. (it is in between the shop selling bak zhang and animal clinic)

looks wise, it's better and it's extendable too (very long when extended!!) it comes in 2 length..the longer one costs about $8.50 and also extendable. but dun think it's necessary to get that.

bamboo poles costs abt $1.50 each. cheap and sturdy. but have seen flying insects settling inside the poles and laying eggs...so decided against it...especially when ms_white is super particular abt insects! :(

Hey shay_d,

ur pts, i'l take note. :unsure:

But if buy frm Balestier Rd shop, how 2 bring bak? Carry e 'poles', walk via Jln Raja, cross e overhead bridge to Toa Payoh Central, then to Blk 79? !!

Btw, how's ur reno status?

Saw a Please Remove Shoes paper paste on ur main door dat day. Seems like ur reno had completed liao & ready for kpo-in session liao. :jawdrop:

:)