Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clgo_renotalk

Scv Rewiring

hi,

i got a quote from an electrician, he was charging $40 for each SCV point which i understand was around %40~50% of the same job quoted by other electrician. Does anyone have have comment on that? Other than that the quotes for installing heater point, telephone point, Double and Single Socket was about the same compare to other quotes.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Anyone has tried to get SCV to lay a point direct from the junction box outside the house than just daisy chain up the SCV within the unit?

Can that be done?

My whole hse electrical wiring is torn down, so i can see that the scv wire comes into my house through 1 point only. I think if you want two scv points or more, its usually split up through the scv box.

But then again, my house is 30 years old. :P

I suggest you call up Starhub & ask them to lay the SCV points for you.

They will charge you quite expensive, but the pricing I did was abt 3 yrs ago, its about 1st pt is $150, 2nd pt is $80, but its worth it.

If your SCV pt is lay by contractor, then if anything happens to you internet, SCV will blame your contractor in the 1st place.

I broke my wallet & ask starhub to lay the pts for me, & sometimes internet slow or wat, they dont dare to blame me for the wiring.

Pls take this into consideration, even for cable TV also the same.

Call up Starhub (dial 1633)& ask for the lastest pricing.

I suggest you call up Starhub & ask them to lay the SCV points for you.

They will charge you quite expensive, but the pricing I did was abt 3 yrs ago, its about 1st pt is $150, 2nd pt is $80, but its worth it.

If your SCV pt is lay by contractor, then if anything happens to you internet, SCV will blame your contractor in the 1st place.

I broke my wallet & ask starhub to lay the pts for me, & sometimes internet slow or wat, they dont dare to blame me for the wiring.

Pls take this into consideration, even for cable TV also the same.

Call up Starhub (dial 1633)& ask for the lastest pricing.

Simple, no big deal.

Junction box outside house, install a 1-to-2 splitter. Split 2 outgoing coaxial cables out to the points where u want(2 scv pts within unit). Can put 1-to 3, or 1-to-4 splitter, if you want more points within house. Need to take care the matching impedance.

Edited by bepgof

I heard is as long as you dun touch the original point is ok i.e. just extention from there.

I have various SCV points:

- Hall, TV console x1

- Study area x1 for retuer's input to internat using coxial cable.

- MBR x 1

- another rm x1

What contractor did: install a 1-4 splitter connector in junction box (change the old box to the bigger new new to house the splitter), lay 4 seperate coxial cable from ther to respective point of installation.

Edited by bepgof

I agree with megahtz on getting SCV to do it. I've had my contractor do a split previously before and ended up bad connection while changing my SCV cable box from analogue to digital. The extention included looping to have pts across all the 4 bedrooms.

In the end, was having so much problem with my cable modem having only to be able to be connected in the living room where the main pt is at, really troublesome.

Ended up, calling SCV up to do analysis and they went to fix it (I don't know what they did) and it works after.