Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misc100

Will You Buy Display Sets?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
The price seem to have been deducted a lot..

Try not to. You won't know how long it's been on display and at the same time, display sets can be on 14 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Personally, any discounts offered doesn't seem to outweigh the potential issues if the display set gets into problems after you bring it back.

it really depends on what items... not advisable to buy tv as they will be switched for very long already... Heard from some of the other forumers that fridge and washing machine is worth considering as they will not be switched on at all... But of cos many people would have opened and closed the doors already.. So depends on how steep the discount is and what is your own preference, i guess...

The price seem to have been deducted a lot..

Yes, I have been buying & using display sets all along except TVs. Stretches your dollar !

No point wasting money on extended warranties because it is all psychological. Get a good branded display set. Electricals are not meant to last forever. If the equipment can last more than 5 years w/o breaking down, it is money well spent.

Edited by asoon88

My opinion is dat if da display set has a steep discount, y not go for it? Even for tv cuz 5 years is a long time n new tech will definitely come out. If it breaks down, da better as u will get it repaired or even replaced, depending on the ext warranty. My calculation is if any item on display is in gd cond, n if u opt for the ext 5 yrs warranty, n if it's still much cheaper than a new one wif only 1 or 3 yrs warranty, then I will definitely be tempted to choose the display one. Juz my 2 cents worth.